Good luck PhillyV! Sending Thoughts and prayers your way.

Now sitting in a 5x10 room by myself while the wife is back in surgery with the baby. Rooms like this are what make dads go crazy at hospitals

Parenting Thread

At the hospital now with the wife and baby for his tubes surgery. Hopefully it goes smooth and his ear infection issues come to an end. Plus we have been told that his equilibrium is thrown off because of his ears so this will help get him walking.

Best wishes Phil. Ryan got tubes in his ears when he was 1. After the initial recovery from anesthesia he was a different child completely. I hope the same holds true for your little man!

At the hospital now with the wife and baby for his tubes surgery. Hopefully it goes smooth and his ear infection issues come to an end. Plus we have been told that his equilibrium is thrown off because of his ears so this will help get him walking.

Best of luck. All will be well I'm sure.

Ready for field day (last day of school) where has the time gone.
19faf507018eae457fecf424d8169fe9.jpg
4eb9ac81cb2cd147503da1a0d3545cfe.jpg
b2c08ca49aa64e840a3ef84da7b1a498.jpg

Great pics 441. It looks like those girls grew half a foot in a school year.

Man you guys are still in school? It's been over for us since last week. They went a few days this week, but nothing was accomplished

Great pics and yes time does fly by

Man you guys are still in school? It's been over for us since last week. They went a few days this week, but nothing was accomplished

Great pics and yes time does fly by

We have two half days next week and then we are done. They added three half days to the year to meet the minimum hours requirement for the school year.

906f3a862175259dc1b8fabfc3e29505.jpg
8acc54730cbc45416208d26fe35057c3.jpg

My son had tee ball for the first time the other day. He's definitely a character out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twins had their last LL game last night. Kind of bitter sweet. They started basketball back in October, that runs into baseball season and I coach both. It will be nice to get my evenings and weekends back but I love it and will miss watching all the kids progress and have fun.

I see so many kids getting burnt out because of a year round schedule of sports so mine get summer time off. They can do soccer or football if they choose but it's not their thing. As a plus it gives them a chance to golf with me. It's nice getting to be Dad for a while and not coach all the time.

Twins had their last LL game last night. Kind of bitter sweet. They started basketball back in October, that runs into baseball season and I coach both. It will be nice to get my evenings and weekends back but I love it and will miss watching all the kids progress and have fun.

I see so many kids getting burnt out because of a year round schedule of sports so mine get summer time off. They can do soccer or football if they choose but it's not their thing. As a plus it gives them a chance to golf with me. It's nice getting to be Dad for a while and not coach all the time.

How hard has it been to be both coach and dad? I want to coach my son next summer playing baseball, well t-ball, but I'm not sure how well I can handle being dad and celebrating his success and be coach at the same time. Was it difficult to balance celebrating for your kids and the other kids too and not showing extra happiness for your kids?

My experience was that I felt that happiness/joy for all the kids when they had personal successes on the field or court. Hard to explain it, but I really enjoyed seeing all of them succeed in their own way.

I purposely took actions to avoid favoritism. For example, in soccer we had to sit kids for a period and I sat him first.

I think the more difficult thing was being fair to him honestly. It's hard not to be a dad when you're with your kid. I was harder on him if that makes sense. Not regarding the sport, but in terms of behavior (these are 4&5 year olds). I was much more likely to say something to him about behavior or discipline him than somebody else's kid.

Great pics 441. It looks like those girls grew half a foot in a school year.
Someone else mentioned that too. Wife says they are both about 2 inches taller than august

My experience was that I felt that happiness/joy for all the kids when they had personal successes on the field or court. Hard to explain it, but I really enjoyed seeing all of them succeed in their own way.

I purposely took actions to avoid favoritism. For example, in soccer we had to sit kids for a period and I sat him first.

I think the more difficult thing was being fair to him honestly. It's hard not to be a dad when you're with your kid. I was harder on him if that makes sense. Not regarding the sport, but in terms of behavior (these are 4&5 year olds). I was much more likely to say something to him about behavior or discipline him than somebody else's kid.

Makes sense on all accounts.

How hard has it been to be both coach and dad? I want to coach my son next summer playing baseball, well t-ball, but I'm not sure how well I can handle being dad and celebrating his success and be coach at the same time. Was it difficult to balance celebrating for your kids and the other kids too and not showing extra happiness for your kids?

This was my 6th year of coaching them in LL. I always struggle with the whole, coach vs Dad dynamic. I know more about then and their abilities and deficiencies than any one, so tend to be a little harder on them. Being from a small town I know almost all the kids going into the season but by the end they become like my own kids. I'm lucky in the fact that they love it and show a lot of enthusiasm and dedication to it and as such they tend to be at the top of the list in skill sets on the field. That makes it easier on me to praise their efforts without looking like I'm playing favorites.

The hardest part for me is remembering when we get in the truck on the way home that I'm no longer coach and that I shouldn't continue to go over things that a coach would instead of encouraging them as a Dad would.

I do let all the parents know in the beginning these are my kids, they earn their spots just like everyone else. I've never had a parent complaint about how my sons were treated vs theirs.

I'm what most would call a "loud" coach. Not yelling at mistakes but being the biggest cheerleader when they do something right. Sometimes I think I'm more happy for them than they are and that goes for all the kids.

One of the best feelings I get is seeing a kid I coached years 2-3 years ago in the hallway at school and they say thanks for being such a great coach. I think it helps with separating your kid vs my kid idea based on I've been coaching since long before my own kids were even born. I had such a great group of coaches growing up that I feel the need to pass that on. To this day I have my old coaches come to one of my practices and talk with the kids. Also if I have a problem, not just coaching but life, I known I can pick up the phone and caLL those old coaches and they are more than happy to help.

Awesome.

Instead of coming home and seeing how excited my modest daughter is to be done with school I came home to her in tears.

Come to find out 1 girl in her class took it upon herself to just say some mean things about her all day long and basically made fun of her in front of others.
Ok kids are immature and poor parenting allows kids to act that way so be it I have the nice kid who evidently needs to grow a thicker skin.

I then find out that same girl put her hands on my daughter on the bus and shoved her out of the seat she was sitting in. This is where I really have a problem as in no instance should anyone be touching my kid.

Am I over reacting?

Awesome.

Instead of coming home and seeing how excited my modest daughter is to be done with school I came home to her in tears.

Come to find out 1 girl in her class took it upon herself to just say some mean things about her all day long and basically made fun of her in front of others.
Ok kids are immature and poor parenting allows kids to act that way so be it I have the nice kid who evidently needs to grow a thicker skin.

I then find out that same girl put her hands on my daughter on the bus and shoved her out of the seat she was sitting in. This is where I really have a problem as in no instance should anyone be touching my kid.

Am I over reacting?

No. Hopefully there is a resolution from the BOE but difficult not to react with visions of bringing pain upon someone.

No. Hopefully there is a resolution from the BOE but difficult not to react with visions of bringing pain upon someone.
I've already reached out to the principal who I have a great relationship with so will see what he says. I just want the parents to know that's it

Pool time with the girls

e07d2394e18a7d8a79664ff2e454ed64.jpg

154405b19bc8be2ad98235ac4735c12e.jpg

The bubster took his first few steps today! Look out world!

Teething can kiss my ass.

Also, 24 hours without the doc can kiss my ass.

But damn she's a beautiful little baby.

Yo @Hawk . Great Wolf Lodge was pretty solid. It is completely geared towards the little kids IMO. My wife and I agreed that around 8 years old is probably the oldest we'd take kids there. Older than that and I could see them getting bored. But with a 2 and just about 4 year old it was great. We stayed pretty much in one area in the water the whole time. There was two small kid slides there they liked, and a medium sized tube slide they could ride with us on. Also spent a little bit of time in the wave pool. That was all inside. Also inside was one of those playhouses with the huge bucket of water on top and a couple medium sized slides off of it, but they didn't want to play on that. And by the wave pool was a little kid play area kinda for just splashing around, and three bigger slides that they couldn't go on. The bigger slides they have to be 42" to ride. Two of those indoor ones were tube slides and a little boring to ride alone. The other was a mat slide that was pretty dang fast. I could have rode that one a few more times, it was fun lol. We didn't get to go outside because it was too cold. Tried once and when I put my foot in the water it felt like I was getting stabbed lol. They had another kid play area outside, two bigger slides, there big tornado slide, and a pool.

The kids loved the story time at night; they ate up all the wolf and animal stuff. When you check in the kids get little wolf ears; my son was howling like a wolf the whole time lol. And they had a little "Cub Corner" where the kids could color and do some arts and crafts; did that for a little bit and they liked it.

Not a whole lot of food options, but if you're there for 2 or 3 nights you can make it work. We went out to eat one night, and ate there the rest of the time. Had pizza one night, which was pretty bad but easy. And ate at their restaurant another night; it was pretty pricey but good food. They also had a snack stand by the pool, but we missed that the one time we were going to eat dinner at the pool because their clocks were an hour behind and it closed before we got it.

Wow, that was long....

Last edited:
While I golfing yesterday, my wife went to her mother's and let the kids play.

My daughter being adorable
898b4fc73b9efe8f5cc96f19361345b2.jpg

And my son. I call this"...and no effs were given."
d5a55f46355761bfa281e861e3d874ac.jpg

I just found this thread, and haven't read all 256 pagers, but I'll say this... The dumbest thing I ever did was have a kid, but the best thing that ever happened to me was having a kid...

Back