forgive me for i have....

Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
Today, I hit 14 fairways, hit 16 greens in regulation, hit the snot out of the ball....and almost hit/killed some poor guy on the 18 hole. The last hole, I'm on cloud nine, had just walked by a single golfer walking up 18 as i birdied 17. I stand in the tee box and set up, watch four golfers walk off of the 18th green 306 yards away and tee off with my 3 hybrid in hand. I hit an awesome shot, fading the ball into the uphill part of the 230 yard valley. and then he walks into view. i think he was giving me the finger and yelling at me. If i missed him it was by feet, literally. i proceeded to walk down the fairway and follow him into the parking lot not to explain myself but give him my apology. I had no luck as i could not find him. I an sure at some point he will see me again and give me a at least a good stare down. I don't think i would recognize him again as i was pretty oblivious to him. Sorry buddy!

Firstly, congrats on what sounds like an awesome round.

If you didn't see him, and he was alone, well, I can definitely see how that could happen. You didn't do it on purpose and happily no one was hurt. If you do see him again, hopefully he will be open to an apology.

It happens. You tried to apologize and do the right thing and that's what matters. Whether you see him again or not, you tried.

Had something similar happen last Monday.

Starter sent me to tee on #1 and said twosome went off 10 minutes earlier. . It's a couple hundred yard cart ride to tee and shot is over blind ridge to fairway. . Hit it over the ridge and as I come around I see the twosome coming up the fairway. . My ball was 50 yards past them (I was 60 yards short of green). . I apologized profusely.

Back