Sports Memorabilia

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
So, does anyone here collect or sell sports memorabilia? What's some of the best stuff you have? I have this signed and framed Dan Marino poster and have zero clue what it's worth is.
46598baa14d1ad2edd25de6bdfdc0794.jpg

Ironic that you posted that photo. I have a signed football from Dan Marino that I got back in 1994 when I met him, he was my sports hero when I was growing up. I think it's still at my parents' home, I should figure out how much it is worth.

Somewhere I also have a poster autographed by the entire 2001 Duke basketball team, which won the national title that year. Multiple guys off that team went to the NBA, but I'm also not sure how much that's worth.

I have a few signed jerseys and autographed pictures but this is my favorite piece. It's a print but it's made out to me and is #18 of 50.
F232D006-41D5-419F-9FB0-1AC4CF14F26E.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My prized possession is a ball signed by the entire 1987 Dodgers team. My uncle was a bartender and Bob Welch was an alcoholic. That ball paid off his bar tab.

I have a couple signed jerseys and mini football helmets and maybe a couple baseballs.

I've got a piece of the court from the carrier dome from 2003, the year Syracuse won the championship, and a piece of the green monster from when they took the nets down and put seating in.

I've got a piece of the court from the carrier dome from 2003, the year Syracuse won the championship, and a piece of the green monster from when they took the nets down and put seating in.

That is pretty cool.

I also have a stadium chair from the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium from the last Browns game before they were moved to Baltimore

That is pretty cool.

I also have a stadium chair from the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium from the last Browns game before they were moved to Baltimore

I would love one of those chairs. That is awesome.

I don't really collect anything but this was passed down to me. The bag is Ben Hogan but the autograph was faded like it is when I got it. One of the balls is Greg Norman and the other is Gary Player with the Masters Logo.
c13e6453bfabe027dc22a7e3c52bb763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love one of those chairs. That is awesome.

They sold a bunch for $50 each and I have one, my dad has two and a bunch of family members have one. Every time we're watching a game we end up going in the garage to have a cigarette and complain about the Browns and then look at the chair and remember it could be worse, they could be gone still lol

Autographed Steve young football

And a bunch of signed baseball's including Greg maddux, Griffey jr, Arod and some indians players like hafner, Sizemore and sabathia.

Not including a large amount of sportscards

I have a decent amount of stuff. Joe Montana signed mini ND helmet, Ted Williams and Roger Clemens singed baseballs, Jim Rice signed photo, Tiger Woods signed Upper Deck card, Phil Michelson glove memorabilia card, Freddie Couples signed card and a ton of baseball cards mainly from the mid 70's to the mid 80's. Probably some other signed stuff I am leaving out as well.

They sold a bunch for $50 each and I have one, my dad has two and a bunch of family members have one. Every time we're watching a game we end up going in the garage to have a cigarette and complain about the Browns and then look at the chair and remember it could be worse, they could be gone still lol

You should ship one to a Browns backer up north. :alien:

Autographed Steve young football

And a bunch of signed baseball's including Greg maddux, Griffey jr, Arod and some indians players like hafner, Sizemore and sabathia.

Not including a large amount of sportscards

Do you still have the cards?!

Do you still have the cards?!
Alot of them...still a bunch at folks house. Lots of junk since the majority are early 90s when the card industry started watering things down with limited edition stuff.
got back into it for a few years off and on a few years back.
Thought my bowman autographed Sizemore RC would be worth a ton someday should have sold it for 200 8 years ago

Like many others, I was a pretty big baseball card collector when I was growing up. I finally brought my 20+ year old collection to my apartment once my mom decided to sell the old house. I have a Cal Ripken rookie and a Mickey Mantle and I should have a Roger Maris somewhere. The 1951 Topps red back probably isn't worth much, but I just think it's cool to have something 60+ years old.

20150709_215658_resized_zpsekldp0jy.jpg

20150709_215708_resized_zpshubydtsq.jpg

20150709_215722_resized_zpswt5nh0u6.jpg

And my 2008 Summer Olympics gold medal

20150709_215632_resized_zps744m4nj0.jpg

(kidding..I made 8 and wore them when I was Michael Phelps for Halloween that year)

I own a baseball signed by the entire 1953 (I think that is the year) Boston Red Sox team. It was the one of the years Ted Williams wasn't playing.

Also have signed baseballs from a bunch of baseball players including Sandy Koufax, Buck O'Neil and others.

Also have a 1982 Rochester Red Wings program that is autographed by Cal Ripken Jr.

Somewhere I have a pair of Gordie Howe hockey gloves and a broken Steve Yzerman stick and a hockey puck from the 1995? NHL all star game (Boston)
I have a bunch of Barry Sanders rookie cards and College cards.

I have a couple of signed SF Giants jerseys (Matt Cain and Mike Krukow) which I've framed and hung one up in each of my 2 boys' rooms.

Funny story about this. I don't collect much, I have a few things that I like, but don't really go after stuff.

We were at the Cardinals Team Store in Branson several years ago. They had these sealed baseballs at the counter and I inquired about them. It was like getting a baseball card, you buy the ball and it was signed by a Cardinal great, past or present, but it was a risk since you didn't know who it was. We were ringing up our other stuff and asked how much. We thought the guy said $8, so we thought sure, why not, ring it up. Being sealed and kind of an event at the store, they handed us the ball with a pair of scissors if we wanted to open it now. I was hoping for Albert Pujols or Jim Edmonds. We get the total for our stuff and it was way more than what we thought. Turns out, the ball was $80, not $8. It was about that time it was getting opened. My first thought was oh crap, I just spend $80 to get a signed ball from a bench player. It worked out okay for us, we ended up with one of the few balls signed by Stan Musial.

I have a framed Homer Hanky from the Twins 1991 World Series run. I also have a couple of them from the early 2000s l, one signed by Justin Morneau and Torii Hunter. I've also got a foul ball I got off of the bat of Jim Thome while he was a White Sox, and a ball signed and tossed to me by Twins former first base coach Jerry White.

The neatest thing I have, though not really a collectable is a duffel bag that is made from the roof of the Metrodome that collapsed from all the snow a few years back. Really nice bag by Duluth Pack. My wife bought it for me as a wedding gift, and it is so awesome!

I had a John Rocker baseball that my stepmom stood in line for over an hour to get one Christmas. About a year later he did the SI article and I'm not sure what happened to it after that lol

Still have a Phil Niekro baseball

As a huge Yankees fan, I have no choice but to collect memorabilia. I have bobbleheads, pennants, plaques, patches, ticket stubs, and tons more. The prized piece is a faded Yankees team autographed ball from the 1950s with Mantle's signature still mostly visible.

I have an old seat from the old Montreal Forum in a storage somewhere, I can't wait to finish the basement to display it

I've got a few things all signed

Arnold Palmer picture
Masters flag by Jack Nicklaus
Phil picture
Dufner ball
Peyton Manning football
Baseball by the world champion vanderbilt baseball staff

My list is growing though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back