Golfbuddy PT4 or Garmin G7

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
I'm in the market for a new handheld gps and have narrowed it down to these two. I think for me it's going to come down to display, easy of use and the online tracking and uploading.

The G7 has some cool features. Accrual distance that takes elevation into account and club recommendation. On the downside is it has a small display. I know it can connect my IPhone but I don't really care about that.

The pt4 has a huge display and a nice upgraded touch screen.

Anyone have experience with either of these.

I'm in the market for a new handheld gps and have narrowed it down to these two. I think for me it's going to come down to display, easy of use and the online tracking and uploading.

The G7 has some cool features. Accrual distance that takes elevation into account and club recommendation. On the downside is it has a small display. I know it can connect my IPhone but I don't really care about that.

The pt4 has a huge display and a nice upgraded touch screen.

Anyone have experience with either of these.

I have a PT4. It has worked well for a year but today just before a tournament round, it would not boot up. Gave me some binary warning and asked for the usb cable. I don't carry the cable or a charger with me so I played with my wifes new Bushnell Ghost which worked great.

I like the big screen with big numbers. I don't like the fact that it dims all the time, every hole it reverts back to showing the hole instead of staying on the big numbers and touching the screen leaves a distance marker that I can not seem to get rid of. Overall I am not happy with it.

Check your messages Scrap Iron

Last edited:
I have a G6 and even without my reading glasses I can read it just fine. The layup arcs are a little tough to read in fullscreen but the colour lets you know which is which. I really like the size of the unit and the transreflective screen is easy to read even in bright sunlight. I have the backlight set way down for brightness and timeout as you can't see it except indoors, that and it will run for about three rounds between charging.

Plenty of free updates and stats tracking was the clincher.

Back