bik33

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All, I'm 49 yo male living in Utah, but I do get back to the United States occasionally. Played golf since I was teenager, but actually, it's been more like--teen, played quite a bit--College age, played a little--20+ years of kids and career, very little time for golf--recently starting playing quite a bit again after getting remarried (my new bride also plays:clapp:).

I'm currently in mourning as snow has fallen, and my clubs are in the garage for several months, unless I can get down to St. George or Vegas.

Anyway, Hello :act-up:

Welcome to THP blk. If you cannot play it, atleast you can chat about it here.

Welcome to THP!

welcome!

Welcome! Good to see a fellow Utahn. Where in Utah do you live (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm in the Salt Lake Valley, Draper specifically.

BTW, golf isn't the only thing we talk about here. :rolleyes:

Until I figure out the quote thing..........

"Welcome! Good to see a fellow Utahn. Where in Utah do you live (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm in the Salt Lake Valley, Draper specifically."

I'm in the Logan area, but work in Ogden, unless my boss catches up to the 21st century and let's me do some more telicommuting.

I stay in Park City, Utah twice a year (summer and winter). It is fun to whack the ball around out there... it always gives me quite a bit of confidence because my drives just keep going out there.

Until I figure out the quote thing..........

Just click the Quote button in the post you want to quote. You can multi quote too, by clicking the Multi button in the posts you want to quote and then the quote button in the last post you want to quote. (You can also click reply when you are done multi-quoting).

Just click the Quote button in the post you want to quote. You can multi quote too, by clicking the Multi button in the posts you want to quote and then the quote button in the last post you want to quote. (You can also click reply when you are done multi-quoting).

Aha, thanks.

It's annoying to go do to play golf in places where they put all that thick air in the way.

Welcome, bk! Never golfed in Utah. Doesn't work in Little Cottonwood Canyon in the winter... .:snowman:

(Didn't we have a skiing smilie here?)

What is your home course? I grew up spending summers in West Valley City (Granger, back then) and got my first job ever at MeadowBrook GC, the county course. There are some beautiful tracks in SLC, for sure. Did you play your junior golf in UT, also?
Look forward to hearing a few little details. The world shrinks sometimes, through the internet.
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ

Home course is Birch Creek:
Birch Creek Golf Course
Would have been Logan Country club last year, but had some issues with them and gave up the membership.

Both really fun courses, Birch Creek is the more interesting/challenging layout, but the country club has truely amazing greens. Best I've played in the state. Course superintendent there is a magician.

I haven't played SLC courses much really. Mtn Dell is fun, Played WIngpointe on the way to places, but the planes get annoying. Stonebridge is fun too. FAvorite other courses in the state are Moab Golf club, the Hideout in Monticello, and Coral Canyon in St. George.

Ogden has some really nice courses. Valley View is a fun/challenging layout, and Glen Eagle is a gem.

:welcome:

Welcom to the THP!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome

Oh, and just in case you were wondering about the avatar, the contemplative gorilla is a perfect description of the way I putt.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a gorilla!

Gus_with_flag.jpg
travel_gorilla_800.jpg

Oh, and just in case you were wondering about the avatar, the contemplative gorilla is a perfect description of the way I putt.

Welcome. Nope just thought you were a fan of King Kong.

Harry used to have a gorilla too wearing Sligo clothes.

Welcome. Nope just thought you were a fan of King Kong.Harry used to have a gorilla too wearing Sligo clothes.

I believe that was Chewbacca, a Wookie.

th_5c250066.jpg

(Minus the Sligo!)

I always thought it was a gorilla, but I think you're right.

Of course I am! hehe

(This time, anyway)

I stay in Park City, Utah twice a year (summer and winter). It is fun to whack the ball around out there... it always gives me quite a bit of confidence because my drives just keep going out there.
Where do you play when you come out? I work up in Park City and sometimes go play Park City or stop off at Mountain Dell or Bonneville on my way home.

Hopefully, you get out to Wasatch Mountain State Park or Soldier Hollow. If you don't, then plan for it next summer! :good:

I grew up spending summers in West Valley City (Granger, back then) and got my first job ever at MeadowBrook GC, the county course.
I played MeadowBrook quite a bit this year 'cuz it's flat and easy to walk.

Sorry to hijack your thread there bik!

Home course is Birch Creek:
Birch Creek Golf Course
Would have been Logan Country club last year, but had some issues with them and gave up the membership.

Both really fun courses, Birch Creek is the more interesting/challenging layout, but the country club has truely amazing greens. Best I've played in the state. Course superintendent there is a magician.

I haven't played SLC courses much really. Mtn Dell is fun, Played WIngpointe on the way to places, but the planes get annoying. Stonebridge is fun too. FAvorite other courses in the state are Moab Golf club, the Hideout in Monticello, and Coral Canyon in St. George.

Ogden has some really nice courses. Valley View is a fun/challenging layout, and Glen Eagle is a gem.
I haven't made it up to your area golf-wise. Bountiful Ridge is about as far north as I get.

One of these days I'm going to play that Moab course and I didn't even know Monticello had one! :bulgy-eyes:

I haven't made it up to your area golf-wise. Bountiful Ridge is about as far north as I get.

One of these days I'm going to play that Moab course and I didn't even know Monticello had one! :bulgy-eyes:

The name of the hideout in monticello is descriptive, a hidden jewel. Played Soldier Hollow first time this year, played crappy, but loved that. Really want to get to the other 2 you mentioned.

And it's not highjacking, I consider it part of the welcome :)

Back