Fubuki 60 x5ct stiffness question

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello. I just won a Bridgestone J815 driver. My first 12* driver. It comes with a stiff though and I normally play regular. So, does the Fubuki 60 x5ct play true to flex, or is it a soft stiff? If true to flex, I may have to swap this out. Thanks.

The OEM version of the Fubuki ZT will probably have more torque than the aftermarket version but they're still solid and will play to a true stiff. When I got my Big Bertha, the stock ZT was up to the job. When I bought the aftermarket version it definitely felt tighter but I could have used the stock ZT no problem as it was plenty stiff. I'd say give the ZT a go but if you're used to regular then you will probably end up switching it out. Good luck! That J815 is a very intriguing driver.

Unsure if you mean the regular Z or the lower launching ZT. The regular Z will play pretty true to flex in my experience - have them in my BB fairway woods, and they are just perfect for my 100mph driver swing. The ZT will probably play a little stiffer than stated flex, and definitely launch lower, so if you got that one I'd think you'll probably end up switching out.

Back