What's more satisfying, GIR or FIR?

For sure GIR

I'd say GIR.

Kinda go hand in hand ..if my fairways are low I'm sure I will be missing more greens . But i would have to say GiR, as in reality is kinda a combo of the 2

it's definitely gir, but these days with my putting being as bad as it is i start to get anxious as soon as i realize that the next club i'm pulling from my bag is a putter. so while gir is the most satisfying, it comes with some agita.

Greens, always.

GIR for me. Usually if that's up, that means my FIR is up too. Or at least leaving an approach that has a shot at hitting the green. On the other hand, can have a high FIR and still miss greens.

GIR all the way. Now if I could increase GIR and decrease putts per round I might be getting somewhere.

I'm 100% fine with missing 100% of my fairways if I was able to hit 100% of my GIR.

GIR has way more of a positive impact on my score that FIR, no doubt.

I think it's really easy to say GIR; yet with the current state of my game, I'm more likely to get up and down than I am to NOT 3-putt, so I'll go with FIR.

I would take a GIR over a FIR every time. Much better chance for a better round.

GIR for sure. I love to hit fairways like anyone, but GIR is where scoring starts.

I'll take which ever one I get lol

GIR all day, every day.

GIR by a long shot.

You score on the green, not in the fairway. GIRs all day long.

GIR with a 9 iron.

I hate scrambling.

GIR...... As a short knocker, if I have a good GIR day then the score will be special.

JM

For me it's definitely a GIR. They are so much more satisfying than a FIR. Typically it's a much smaller target and harder to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIR. Until I 3 putt for bogey

I love a long drive in the middle of the fairway but GIR's are usually rare for me. So when I get a chance to get a GIR with a nice iron shot it feels pretty sweet. What about you guys?

GIR's as they impact positive scoring more than a FIR does for me.

Both true for me. When GIR's go up, my scores go down. Not always true with FIR's.

Even if I get close​ to a GIR, my scores generally are better - so much so that I started to track nGIR's ("near GIR" = within 5 yards and not in trouble)

While GIR and FIR are nice, I prefer the HIR.:rockon:

GIR and not even close. FIR is one of the most misleading stats in golf IMO.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The way I drive the ball? FIR!
If I score, I know the GIR will be pretty good.
However, I like seeing a white ball on short, green grass from the tee box.

Back