Michigan newbie, coming back to golf after a LONG drought

MotownJake

Reaction score
Greetings THPers, really excited to be joining your ranks. As the title indicates, I'm getting back into the game I love after not playing as much as I'd like for nearly 15 years. Back in my high school and early college days I played multiple times a week and was consistently in the low 80s, but as funds and time dried up getting out on the course got harder and harder. For the last five years before this past November I was working as a lawyer at a big law firm with three young kids at home so golf stopped almost entirely. Back in November I took an in-house corporate position where I actually work a normal schedule and can use my vacation days, so golf is in the cards once again. My oldest boy is 7, the age I started playing, and I'm now getting him out to the range and putting green with me, which has been a lot of fun.

I needed some new equipment so I went the easy route and ordered a full set of the Callaway XHots through Costco - eventually I'll go in for a proper fitting, but $550 for driver, woods and irons was too good of a deal to pass up for somebody just getting back into the game. Took them out to the range a few times and two weeks ago I played nine holes for the first time in almost 4 years - 47 never felt so good! Also got myself a new Odyssey White Hot Pro and a Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* is on its way.

Sorry, a little long-winded...bottom line is I'm excited to be a part of THP and coming back to the game I love!

Welcome to THP and back to the game!

Welcome to THP from a fellow Michigander!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome Jake!

Welcome!

:welcome: nice intro

Welcome aboard, and welcome back to golf!

Welcome to THP and back to the game!

Where in Michigan are you? We have a thread for Michiganders, check it out sometime.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and welcome back to golf!

Where in Michigan are you? We have a thread for Michiganders, check it out sometime.

Thanks tpluff. I'm in western Wayne county. I was actually just checking out the Michigan thread, I'm jealous of everybody playing out in Pittsburgh today!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back!

Glad to see another Michigander joining THP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Back