The Car Shopping Thread

My wife is going to hate me, I spent last night researching smallish suvs, we will be visiting quite a few dealerships today

Wake my wife loves her RAV4, there also isn't much markup or dealer hold back in this class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The luxury of the RDX is nice but the RAV4 is a pretty good SUV and something my wife considered when looking at cars a couple years ago as she had an inkling of getting an SUV. Value wise I like what the rav4 offers

Had a drive of a couple of nice motors at work today. Ford Raptor first. I'm English, I don't get the fascination with trucks. At least I didn't. I want a raptor! What a machine! Asking had a little drive in a Tesla Model S. These things are mega cool. Loved the way the car seemed to wake up as I got in without doing anything. However, as great as this car is, the complete lack of engine noise would be a deal breaker for me I think.

"some say"........get a Velociraptor!

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-hennessey-velociraptor-600-2014/

What do you guys recommend for test driving cars? Should I submit requests online on the cars I want to check out, or is it better to just show up when I think the dealer will be slow? I don't want to have sales reps hot to trot when I really am there just to test drive and see how I like how the car handles.

What do you guys recommend for test driving cars? Should I submit requests online on the cars I want to check out, or is it better to just show up when I think the dealer will be slow? I don't want to have sales reps hot to trot when I really am there just to test drive and see how I like how the car handles.

I've always just showed up, and I warn them I'm just starting and I have no plan to purchase in the near future.

My wife is heavily considering leasing a rogue. It's not what I would pick but she really likes it. The lease special is a pretty good deal in my eyes.

Nissan's got some really good deals this month, I'm looking at Altimas right now. I put on a lot of miles, so I'm looking to purchase.

The in laws are making things difficult. They constantly get in the wife's ear with advice, most of it really poor.

The search for my wife started in earnest today.

The two leaders in the clubhouse are the Acura RDX and the Toyota Rav 4. We are looking new and slightly used. She really likes the RDX just has to decide if we really want to invest that much money in it.
I'm a convert to the Acura brand.

My old Acura TL is great build quality and is way more rock solid than my GMC Sierra....which is 4 years newer.

The in laws are making things difficult. They constantly get in the wife's ear with advice, most of it really poor.

Ugggg it's her car and she is grown a$$ buy whatever she wants

Ugggg it's her car and she is grown a$$ buy whatever she wants

I agree, advice isn't always a bad thing. But things like "if you are leasing you really don't even own the car, if you want to lower your payments you should just finance it for longer" is far from sound advice.

Turrible just turrible

After waiting 4 weeks to find one that I liked, I finally found a 2010 Camaro SS with a six-speed. Absolutely love this car.

I agree, advice isn't always a bad thing. But things like "if you are leasing you really don't even own the car, if you want to lower your payments you should just finance it for longer" is far from sound advice.
This sounds like my parents, until I showed them the cost benifit to the whole situation, pros and cons.
Guess who's leasing their current 2015 Platinum F-150?
lol

Acura is a great value in luxury brands. Lots of RDXs in the neighborhood.

I think she has moved on from the Acura. She liked it but after looking decided there wasn't enough that distinguished it from the CRV and other similar vehicles to spend the extra 10k.

I think she has moved on from the Acura. She liked it but after looking decided there wasn't enough that distinguished it from the CRV and other similar vehicles to spend the extra 10k.

that 10k is a lot of $$$ for little advantages.

Yep, it was better, not sure it was 10k better .

i was a fan of them several years ago but justifying the price isn't there. To many options at cheaper price, plus with my dad or brothers discount I can roll with something in the GM family

We our going to be looking for my wife here soon. Thinking a Ford Edge or Explorer is in the future

We our going to be looking for my wife here soon. Thinking a Ford Edge or Explorer is in the future
A crossover should do the trick and not hurt the mph too much

Both of the 2016 model's are redesigns, and both are very sharp!

Both of the 2016 model's are redesigns, and both are very sharp!
Oh it won't be a new one, looking few years old with not to many miles

Oh it won't be a new one, looking few years old with not to many miles

Gottcha, well you might check out the Certified Pre-Owned option with those. Most have 2.9% for 66 months with good credit. Plus, you get the 12 month or 12,000 miles Limited warranty, then 7 years (from In service Date) or out to 100,000 miles (on the vehicle ) Power Train warranty, and if you want to Upgrade to the Premium Care coverage, it's at a discount from typically non-certified price.

Just a thought.

Back