What is your transition club?

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Watching th Open Championship this morning. Azinger and company were talking about a players transition club. It got me to thinking about my game, and how I strategize when playing a hole. For me it's 7 iron. From 7 iron through the wedges I feel confident over the ball. When I have a 6 iron or longer I tend to play a little more guarded. What club is it for you?

Same for me Kevin. Still confident to the 7I then a little more guarded from the 6I on.

On a regular day, I'd probably say my 8 iron, because I practice with that club a lot so I have a comfort level with it, and I'll get more conservative starting with the 7 iron and go higher in the bag. Of course, there are other days where I only feel comfortable with a sand wedge and down because my swing is off.

Usually 7i and up for me when things are going decent

On a regular day, I'd probably say my 8 iron, because I practice with that club a lot so I have a comfort level with it, and I'll get more conservative starting with the 7 iron and go higher in the bag. Of course, there are other days where I only feel comfortable with a sand wedge and down because my swing is off.
Hahaha well dude we all have those sand wedge days. Honestly when I'm working on full swing mechanics, tempo, and all that's involved I use a 4 iron. But I've yet to feel like it's a full on green light on the course with it.

I would say it is my 6 iron. Anything after that and my comfort level goes down.

Hahaha well dude we all have those sand wedge days. Honestly when I'm working on full swing mechanics, tempo, and all that's involved I use a 4 iron. But I've yet to feel like it's a full on green light on the course with it.

I'd like to say that it's my 6 iron because that's what I normally hit during my lessons. But what I find is that I hit 8 iron and down much more often on the course than I hit a 6 iron, so I end up feeling more comfortable with the 8 iron and shorter clubs.

I can miss greens frequently with anything from 4i to GW, but for the comfort level, it's between 4 and 5i for me.

8I down I usually feel pretty comfortable over, but I hit my best approach shots of the day with my 6I yesterday and hit a couple well with a 7I.

The putter.

I'm more accurate with a 4 iron than my putter .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally putter. 8 iron on a good day.

Im confident in most of my clubs with the 16degree hybrid being the exception. But I'll practice and have that dialed in soon!

Honestly I'm pretty darn confident with my driver right now. I like my 4hy quite a bit too. So for me right now it's my longer stuff

I think my 5 ion is th club right now, the 3 and 4 are iffy at the moment

Honestly I'm pretty darn confident with my driver right now. I like my 4hy quite a bit too. So for me right now it's my longer stuff

Im confident in most of my clubs with the 16degree hybrid being the exception. But I'll practice and have that dialed in soon!

So you all are flag hunting with theses clubs....impressive

It changes for me. I'd say right now I probably have two transitions. I'm not super-comfortable with my woods right now. I'm hitting my hybrids and irons really well, and feel very comfortable over the ball with an iron in hand. But my wedges are another story. Having a lot of trouble with distance control, which is its own headache.

So you all are flag hunting with theses clubs....impressive
Did i say that? I thought you were asking what we were confident over the ball with? Guess i misunderstood.

8i or 9i would be my club to attack with

7i for me too.

7i for myself. 6i and longer, I'm just going for the centre of the green.

Depends on the day but I would say 7i or 6i. I also have those days its pw.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

for me it's 9 iron on down to go pin hunting. For getting it there on the green it's 7 iron for me. I'm also fairly confident with the 26 hybrid. The rest are to get me out of the tee box or getting it to scoring range.

Mark Shuman

7i to me, put a 7i up and I'm hitting golf shots....6i and down I'm just trying to hit it straight LOL

7 iron for me. It's the one I practice with the most and down thru my wedges I feel like I should hit many greens.

6 iron though lob wedge are my go to most of the time. Have yet to hit the 5 on the course yet but it will happen soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back