DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my experience that points have a shelf life. Make sure of the "use by" date.
Sadly, the shelf life for me seems to expire 5 minutes after being issued... Lol

Post via Taptalk

Is there a WV thread? I'm looking to play on my way to NC Thursday and need some advice.

Is there a WV thread? I'm looking to play on my way to NC Thursday and need some advice.
Not sure of one. What route are you taking parts of WV, are very near some great courses in Western, MD.

Was suppose to go golfing today, instead I'm at Busch Gardens adventure island water park with the kids. Maybe some golf tomorrow...

Post via Taptalk

Golden horseshoe gold course? Make sure to hit the local eateries while you're in the 'burg.

Golden horseshoe gold course? Make sure to hit the local eateries while you're in the 'burg.
Uhm Busch Gardens Tampa water park. But I do love me some golden horse shoe golf :)

Post via Taptalk

A trip to Williamsburg is never complete without the Death by Chocolate at Trellis

Uhm Busch Gardens Tampa water park. But I do love me some golden horse shoe golf :)

Post via Taptalk
Gotta admit you had me at first two. After hearing you were at WDW and Universal earlier in the week, I figured you were on the way home and stopped in for one more day of parks at Williamsburg. I don't know anyone that ever goes to Busch Gardens Tampa....oh yeah....tourists do....:alien2:

A trip to Williamsburg is never complete without the Death by Chocolate at Trellis

Gotta admit you had me at first two. After hearing you were at WDW and Universal earlier in the week, I figured you were on the way home and stopped in for one more day of parks at Williamsburg. I don't know anyone that ever goes to Busch Gardens Tampa....oh yeah....tourists do....:alien2:
Ha ha ha. We have season passes to Busch Gardens Williamsburg which means we have access to all Busch Gardens and SeaWorld parks (SeaWorld owns Busch Gardens). Never fails, everything my wife says we're going down to FL for only a week, it ends up being two and two-thirds of the weeks there are amusement parks, water parks and the beach). I maybe get a round or two in.

Post via Taptalk

Not sure of one. What route are you taking parts of WV, are very near some great courses in Western, MD.

Will be taking the route that goes thru Charleston. So I'm hoping I can get some advice on which course would be worth the stop.

Will be taking the route that goes thru Charleston. So I'm hoping I can get some advice on which course would be worth the stop.

Assuming you mean I-77 Pipestem State Park has an 18 hole course and a 9 hole par 3 that's at the southern end of the state, not far from I-77. IME their state park courses are pretty good, e.g. Cacapon SP near Berkeley Springs is a Robert Trent Jones design.

Well got 5 holes in before the storm and was at even.... Haha of course! Bogey birdie bogey birdie Par gotta love this game.

Felt good out there I was hitting quality shots and being smart off the tee. Back at it tomorrow after work. I also had a real warm up with actual golf swings it felt great.

Assuming you mean I-77 Pipestem State Park has an 18 hole course and a 9 hole par 3 that's at the southern end of the state, not far from I-77. IME their state park courses are pretty good, e.g. Cacapon SP near Berkeley Springs is a Robert Trent Jones design.

Yep off I77

Anyone heard of or played Little Creek golf course in Charleston WV?

Pipestem looks good too!

Was going to try and make it out to the Olde Stonewall event in PA but my wife brought up a good point. She's due any day now and being 4.5 hours away isn't probably the best idea.

Was going to try and make it out to the Olde Stonewall event in PA but my wife brought up a good point. She's due any day now and being 4.5 hours away isn't probably the best idea.
Go Phil Style with the beeper....The airport is only like 30 minutes away and probably a 30 minute flight to Dulles!! What are the odds anyway :)

Smart man! Rack up those golf points for after the birth you will want them

Labor takes hours, I say go for it :banana:

Going to try this golf thing again tomorrow after work. Hoping to get 18 in and some more putting practice.

My goal is to get to the course at 330, if I can do that 18 should be no problem.

It's our first and we're in our 40's so too many odd scenarios, wouldn't want to risk =).
First congratulations! I still remember my first and she is now 7 (acts like she's 18 though). Enjoy this time since they grow up quicker than you realize. Golf will always be here.

Post via Taptalk

Going to be getting at least 9 holes in this evening and a little putting practice.

Got in a last minute round at Arlington Ridge before I head back to Maryland tomorrow. Back up Driver (FT-5) never woke up on the front 9 but came to life on the back. The irons were the same way (my backup set - Tommy Armour silverscot blades). I think the irons need to go in the shop though as they forged and the lofts haven't been checked since being brought down permanently to FL. Pretty sure they need adjustment as the 3-4-5 irons seem to only have a yard difference in distance and all the other irons were way off in distance.

Post via Taptalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back