How many dividers in bag... Why?

LOL, my bag has 3. #rockingthe1994bag

Used to have a 6 way. Bought a C-130 and I'm never going back. Love the full length dividers. Grips don't get tangled up at the bottom anymore. I'm much happier now. Plus it looks so organized without even trying... Guess I'm a nerd

For a cart bag, I just assume have 14/15 full length dividers, which serves my OCD a bit. :D For carry bags, I'm a fan of the Woode system, but am open to other configurations. Never a 14-way in a carry bag though. Makes it too big.

Right now i have a 5 divider bag, but looking at the 14.

My irons "clank" around a bit and the coloring of my irons tends to chip. Would the 14 way divider bag help with the clubs whacking each other in the cavity?

My irons "clank" around a bit and the coloring of my irons tends to chip. Would the 14 way divider bag help with the clubs whacking each other in the cavity?

Not really, my 825 pros have been in a 14 way since I bought them and mine have the same wear Inside the cavity. As long as the iron head swings while you walk chatter will happen.

I have tried a bunch of different divider #'s. I seem to like 7 dividers best of all - it separates putter and driver/woods nicely.
I can do more, I can do less, but I prefer 7, then 5.

I love the 14 way. Sun Mountain is great and just picked up a Bennington CB Lite that has a different 14 way system that I am liking.

Clubs can still get caught, but it helps me keep things organized as each club has its own place so I know I am grabbing the right one, or if one is missing.

I have 14 with a SM four.5 because I wanted separation and now I kinda wish I just had a 5/6 way bag. It's a pain to get the clubs in and out sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The less is better approach for me. Dont like 14 way dividers at all and just assume have just a couple.

Same for me. My two bags have a 4-way and 5-way divider. I like them both, but would never be looking for more dividers than that.

I've got a 14 way SM Sync and a 5 way SM Three-5 and like them both but I definitely prefer the 14 spots as well as less "clanging", my Apex have gotten significantly more dings in the soles using the 5 way bag the last 2 months since the clubs are all sort of piled onto each other. I can compare my Apex 6 iron (that I replaced with an XR 6 iron a few months ago) which has minimal dings after a year in the 14 way as the ding benchmark.

I hate it when the grips become tangled. The club won't go back in all of the way or you pull 1 and 3 come out part way. So for me it's a 14 way with full length dividers, plus a putter well. As I found out with my first cart bag, having a 14 way without the full length dividers kind of defeats the purpose.

How often do you forget clubs somewhere?

I have left a club lying beside the green once or twice,especially when its cart path only and you have a couple extras with you on the approach shot.Luckily,I have seen an empty space in the bag and walked back over to the green and retrieved the missing club.

Actually they will clank around more with a 14 way.

If you have, say a 4 way, the clubs in each section can nest in each other so they're fairly close together. I've got 3-4 irons in each section and they move as a unit so when you walk, they slide against each other.

With a 14 way bag, all of the irons are separated by the dividers so they all swing freely and more independently, and they tend to smack into one another with more force.

It's more apparent when the bag is at an angle like when walking or using a push cart. If riding, the differences are minimal.

I see the advantages and disadvantages of both types of bags and have owned both, but one thing I often wonder about.

In a world where pros get OEMs to provide them with customized clubs (grinds, shafts, grips, etc), balls, hats, shirts, and shoes, why do we never see a staff bag with 14 way (or more) dividers? I've seen Rocco and others with the 4 way stand bag, but for everyone else, it's a 6 way staff bag.

My Seemore Staff bag has 6 dividers. Its just enough to keep my clubs separated. Driver and 3w/ 2i and 3i/ 4i 5i and 6i/ 7i 8i and 9i/ PW 54 and 60/ Putter in its own slot

14 for me, keep them sequential so by habit I'm reaching for the same spot.
For me too, though I have used bags with less dividers. Just a little bit more work to get them to be right where you want them to :)

14 for me, keep them sequential so by habit I'm reaching for the same spot.
Ditto. 14 way divider for me too, for the same reasons.

Depends which bag but its either 6 or 14. In the bag in play right now its 6 because that's all my staff and mini staff have.

I have about 16 I think and I HATE them!

Actually they will clank around more with a 14 way.

If you have, say a 4 way, the clubs in each section can nest in each other so they're fairly close together. I've got 3-4 irons in each section and they move as a unit so when you walk, they slide against each other.

With a 14 way bag, all of the irons are separated by the dividers so they all swing freely and more independently, and they tend to smack into one another with more force.

It's more apparent when the bag is at an angle like when walking or using a push cart. If riding, the differences are minimal.

FWIW, I used to think that might happen but this hasn't been my experience in the least bit. I have a 5 or 6 way carry bag that I had for a couple years and my clubs would constantly chatter and ding when in a cart. Since moving to a 14 way, they barely touch each other unless I go over a harsh bump. Much, much quieter now when riding with the 14 way top.

I use a Bennington Quiet Organizer. It has 9 separate slots that keep irons/wedges in place, a putter well and then a three way divider for my remaining four woods.

Originally got it to keep irons pristine as I bought and sold rapidly. Now I just love the convenience and that it's, well... quiet. ;-)

Was using a 14 way but got tired of sometimes have a club fighting me as I was trying to put it back. Currently with a 5 way set up and I am finding it far more convenient.

I've used a few different 14-way dividers and find them to become a real hassle with my midsize grips and a push cart. The dividers start to come apart at the bottom and its a real pain. I've used a 5-way mini staffer for the last 2+ seasons and have enjoyed how easy it is to get clubs in and out. The newest mini staffer is a 6 way, with what looks to be the best design I've used.

FWIW, I used to think that might happen but this hasn't been my experience in the least bit. I have a 5 or 6 way carry bag that I had for a couple years and my clubs would constantly chatter and ding when in a cart. Since moving to a 14 way, they barely touch each other unless I go over a harsh bump. Much, much quieter now when riding with the 14 way top.

yeah, it's this.........with the 14 way cart bag sure they may still strike each other on the face occasionally but they certainly won't but constantly smashing into the soles of the clubs below them like in the 5 way. My Apex have gotten significantly more sole dings since I started using a 5 way bag.

Last edited:
Back