Anyone ever Build a Stand Bag?????

AshMan

Passionate Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone thought of Building their own stand golf bag?

For Example, taking a cart bag/ non stand bag and adding a stand to it to make it a hybrid cart/stand bag?

I've been contemplating buying an old stand bag and butchering off the stand parts, and making a system to be able to add it to my existing golf bag but have it be removable. I love my bag, but sometimes I wish it could also be a stand bag.

I know I'm not the first one to think about this, but I've searched and I am surprised nobody has come up with some kind of stand bag kit to be able to add a stand to any golf bag. Maybe if executed properly could be a great product.

I've seen a few posts online about people asking the same thing. Though I think maybe I am trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

I am sure some would say to just buy a stand bag, and that is a thought, but if I could say pick up a stand bag for super cheap and drill off the stand system, I could come up with a removable system to add to my golf bag. It ultimately should not be too difficult with the right stand bag attachment. several bags I have seen, show it riveted onto the side bag. if one were to drill out those rivets to remove it, and produce a sturdy click lock flexible plastic strap that could go around the golf bag and lock in place but have a release it would be slim and easily removable, I am sure something could be achieved.

Plus it would be easier than to store an extra golf bag, which the wife would complain about….

Or am I just crazy to think that a removable bag stand is something that would be cool.

I don't know, but I'm sure I've seen an add-on stand for sale before.

Not quite what I am thinking but looks like I need to find a stand bag to butcher.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back