Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 37 51.4%

• Total voters

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
Manufactures have different variations of wedge finishes but basically it comes down to black or chrome. Which do you prefer and why?

Chrome, looks stays better longer for me than black.

Chrome for me, too. Wearing down a spot on black face would irritate me over the life of a wedge.

Just recently this has changed for me, I used to love the black wedges but they just look terrible after a few months to me now. I'm re falling in love with satin and chrome

I prefer the black finish. I don't mind how it wears over time. Love how it looks once I black out all the stampings on them.

Now that I've gone away from black irons, I'm voting for chrome.

Don't really mind either, but given the choice, I'll say black.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I love the look of a black wedge. Chrome would glare quite a bit IMO. Satin finish is nice to. But I'm partial to black in my wedges.

grey, although I do like the gradient from black to silver after you hit a new wedge in the bunker a few times.

I'd game either. My current MD3's are black, and I really am liking the look so far. Have only played 5 or so rounds and haven't seen any fading yet.

Rusty...most plating harden the metal, stick with 1020-30 soft forgings

Chrome. I like it to match with the irons.

My former irons were black so I used to love the black look. However now I really like satin wedges. Don't show nearly as much wear.

Neither, prefer a more satin finish

Sittin on chrome for me

Black I just prefer the look and I like how it wears.

I'm looking forward to 2 new black MD3s in the near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to 2 new black MD3s in the near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Don't get my lofts.. They'll never stay in your possession long enough for you to hit them hahahahaha

Satin finish

I prefer black…and like them even more as they wear.

Neither. I like a satin, none glare finish the best. My current wedges are raw, which works for me. I like rusty tools.

I like a Chrome finish.

My chrome sm5 look very worn. I have mp-t5's on the way in black ion.

Back