Bridgestone J715 Driver

Recently picked up a weight kit for this sweetie. Thanks Eric! Prior to the kit, I was gaming 4 gram up front and 10 gram in the back with shaft setting on Neutral. Before today's round, I decided to go with 10 up front and 12 in the back. First swing on the range was a pull hook and from there on I was hitting bullets that were slightly higher than normal and maybe, just maybe moving slightly right to left from time to time. :banana:

Awesome me news for me boys and girls. 13/14 fairways today. With some better than average distance too.

JM

The 715 3 wood is a bomber for me, really thinking of getting the driver

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The 715 3 wood is a bomber for me, really thinking of getting the driver

Don't sleep on its sibling.

Even with my love hate relationships of 3 woods, I would still try the 715 3 wood.

The driver is just grand right now.

JM

I agree but the Adams 20 is a lifer in my bag :)

Even with my love hate relationships of 3 woods, I would still try the 715 3 wood.

The driver is just grand right now.

JM
You need to try it. I hit it off the deck 270 this weekend (normal fw was 240 for me) not an internet story Taylor and Tyler saw it haha

You need to try it. I hit it off the deck 270 this weekend (normal fw was 240 for me) not an internet story Taylor and Tyler saw it haha

Ha! So what you are saying is that I could bunt it out close to 200 then? Sweet! I'll get one! :act-up:
#ShortKnockerProblems.

JM

Recently picked up a weight kit for this sweetie. Thanks Eric! Prior to the kit, I was gaming 4 gram up front and 10 gram in the back with shaft setting on Neutral. Before today's round, I decided to go with 10 up front and 12 in the back. First swing on the range was a pull hook and from there on I was hitting bullets that were slightly higher than normal and maybe, just maybe moving slightly right to left from time to time. :banana:

Awesome me news for me boys and girls. 13/14 fairways today. With some better than average distance too.

JM

Thats awesome. I had thought about going 8/10 or 8/12 but 6/12 was giving so so results. How does the head feel with that much weight in it?

Thats awesome. I had thought about going 8/10 or 8/12 but 6/12 was giving so so results. How does the head feel with that much weight in it?

The best way I can describe it is "present". It is almost imperceptively heavier, but I can feel where the head is throughout the swing if that makes sense. Feels good too. I was much smoother with this set up. My regular playing partners even commented that I was swinging smoother than ever.

For the moment, this is going to be my game setup for sure.

JM

The best way I can describe it is "present". It is almost imperceptively heavier, but I can feel where the head is throughout the swing if that makes sense. Feels good too. I was much smoother with this set up. My regular playing partners even commented that I was swinging smoother than ever.

For the moment, this is going to be my game setup for sure.

JM

Makes sense. Smooth swing usually produces good results. Glad the weight kit came in handy off the bat.

Will have this in hand this evening, hopefully I can get the pics up tonight as well in a new thread.

did this ever get formally reviewed? I suck at searching on Tapatalk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did this ever get formally reviewed? I suck at searching on Tapatalk!

Not for the homepage, no. Tons and tons of feedback on it though from many events, especially Bridgestone University.

Not for the homepage, no. Tons and tons of feedback on it though from many events, especially Bridgestone University.

absolutely. the thread was a great read at 3am when I couldn't sleep and was loading up my test drive cart on the Bridgestone website! interestingly, the test drive has several more 715 options than 815, and yet by all accounts a higher percentage of amateurs should be gaming the 815.

I have been gaming the 715 driver with a Tour ad-di 6s shaft for the past few rounds. I have the weight kit and am still playing around with what weights I will play. But so far, this driver is longer than my Jpx 850 driver. Doesn't beat the Jpx 850 in the sound and feel department but the J715 driver is not the worse out there. The J15 3 wood and hybrid feels better than the J715 and equally long. Glad I bought this combo because up until now, I didn't think anything would kick the Mizunos out of the bag.

Played this driver driver for the first time today. But it 11 times and hit fairway 10 times. That is a record for me on my course

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This driver is just outstanding I wasn't putting the best swing in the ball off the tee this week but this club still performed all week. Gave me a good amount of forgiveness and great distance when hit . I can't wait to spend a bit more time with it getting dialed in

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

This driver is just outstanding I wasn't putting the best swing in the ball off the tee this week but this club still performed all week. Gave me a good amount of forgiveness and great distance when hit . I can't wait to spend a but more time with it getting dialed in

It will pay off for sure. Keep at it!

JM

Ill have this shafted by next Monday and in play right after. Copying Kang with my set up.

Ill have this shafted by next Monday and in play right after. Copying Kang with my set up.
Rogue silver is pretty solid with that head. I had 8 and 10 gram weights in it when you hit it in dallas

Rogue silver is pretty solid with that head. I had 8 and 10 gram weights in it when you hit it in dallas
Even though I was injured, the setup made a solid impression. I've been wanting to game the setup since that Saturday in big D

This driver is just outstanding I wasn't putting the best swing in the ball off the tee this week but this club still performed all week. Gave me a good amount of forgiveness and great distance when hit . I can't wait to spend a bit more time with it getting dialed in

Same for me. Going to put a b stone tip on the D+ shaft and try it. I think it will be perfect then. The fubuki seems to spin a lot in my cally 815 and b stone 715

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back