The Great Lakes Shootout! Michigan Vs. Ohio grudge match! Planning thread.

Thanks guys for the support. I'm going to try my best, but I also have no problems with stepping back if you have a for sure person. It's going to be tough either way as I'll be driving 14 hours after work Saturday to get there. So if I can be in the last group that would help.

You and your peers pressure.

Not a problem brother. You just make that trip safely both ways and we will make sure you get a fair shake. Just ask CJ how I plan those kinda trips....get to the course at 5 am then sleep/putt and chip until tee time.

Jordan, you HAVE to make it!

Ill be showing up on 3 hours sleep too but I needed to make one of these events dammit!

We'll see how it goes this time with the wife...baby steps

Ok now someone has to bring it up. Once match ups are announced, who wants in on some wagers!?

We still doing the cup???

Ok now someone has to bring it up. Once match ups are announced, who wants in on some wagers!?

Thatll most likely be tomorrow. Then I'll have to get to the course at 6 am to get the scorecards ready with handicapping and all. Well worth it.

Yes. And I would love to find a cheap but cool looking cup/trophy to have up for grabs

Well count me in for a donation.

As for the formats I would like to see a shamble and maybe a own ball format.

This guy didn't see the update with the formats. I like it!!!

ATTENTION

ok, in order for me to hold these spots I have to put my CC down and guarantee the spots. I need to know right now (or really soon) if you for any reason will not be attending. I know we said we had 20 but I also know that things dont always work out as planned and Im not in a position to drop the extra coin on a late drop out or no show (but I understand stuff happens).

What do ya think? One last Confirm from everyone PLEASE. I'll update this list. I have some peeps text numbers so I'll text some of you for confirms

Heres the latest list.
Team Michigan:
Michigan Slice--confirmed 100%
Tpluff--confirmed 100%
Golf3rguy--confirmed 100%
RBarthle17-Confirmed 100%
JDTOX --Confirmed 100%
JSpangs
mmaynard11--confirmed 100%
Musicmaster6921--confirmed 100%
Strohs--confirmed 100%

Team Ohio
DavidWinchell--confirmed 100%
PhillyV--confirmed 100%
Mikedean441--confirmed 100%
Grins--confirmed 100%
Capt.caution--confirmed 100%
Robman7 (the cool dean)--confirmed 100%
GolfnFF--confirmed 100%
Tyjohnson--confirmed 100%
Xhail--confirmed 100%
Bullfrog--confirmed 100%
Brandobg--confirmed 100%
Trying to update this from my phone bad on private messages I got..this look right sorry if I skimmed or if list is jacked up

Thanks guys for the support. I'm going to try my best, but I also have no problems with stepping back if you have a for sure person. It's going to be tough either way as I'll be driving 14 hours after work Saturday to get there. So if I can be in the last group that would help.

You and your peers pressure.

If your coming from the Dayton direction feel free to crash at mine sat night

Check and see what we've got thus far:

Spoiler

2 man teams
1 round of Best Ball
1 round of Combined Score
Point per hole of each match
Quoting for jordan

And I'm looking down the tee times in the am

So with an even number of points out there, we should agree on a tie breaker.

What ya got in mind?

There are fun ways. Putting contest on the practice green is one. Or we could take lowest round of the day or most points won during the matches

Hey guys I was kinda slow at work today and whipped this up. Thoughts?
great-lakes-8.jpg

pretty cool looking

Looks good. Id call it more of a hackfest. ;)

Back