The Official Tiger Woods Thread

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
Fox News is claiming Tiger Woods was seriously hurt in a car accident. Any other word on this?

FHP: Tiger Woods Injured In Crash Outside Home - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

FHP: Tiger Woods Injured In Crash Outside Home
FHP: Woods Hit Fire Hydrant, Tree

POSTED: 1:57 pm EST November 27, 2009
UPDATED: 2:36 pm EST November 27, 2009

WINDERMERE, Fla. -- WESH 2 News has learned that golfer Tiger Woods was injured when he hit a fire hydrant and then a tree outside of his Isleworth home early on Friday morning.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods was injured in the crash, which took place at about 2:30 a.m., and was taken to Health Central Hospital. The Orange County Fire Department confirmed that a patient was taken to Health Central, but would not confirm that the patient was Woods.

A source told WESH 2 News that Woods has been treated for facial lacerations.

Woods was driving a 2009 black Escalade when he lost control and hit a fire hydrant outside of his home and a tree outside his neighbor's home, FHP said.

FHP said the crash is still under investigation. It said alcohol did not play a role in the crash, but that charges are pending.

Here is the local paper report on it.

Tiger Woods hurt in crash -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.

A Health Central hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.

FHP said the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

FHP did not report the accident until just after 2 p.m. today. The agency said the crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.

EDIT: Harry beat me to it.

(a) how does one get "seriously injured" pulling out of a driveway (not wearing seatbelt I'm guessing?)

(b) charges pending?

(a) how does one get "seriously injured" pulling out of a driveway (not wearing seatbelt I'm guessing?)

(b) charges pending?

a) He probably has a huge driveway

b) I dont want to make any accusations, but at that hour certain things come to mind.

at that hour certain things come to mind.

That was my first thought too, but the report said alcohol was not a factor. And I can't believe he would be stupid enough to be partying with other substances.

I did a Google News search when I first saw Gasman's post, and there were only a couple of results. Now, only a few minutes later, the same search has a brazillion results.

The weird thing is this happend almost 10 hours ago and we just heard about it.

Maybe he & Elin had a fight over his supposed girlfriend?

The weird thing is this happend almost 10 hours ago and we just heard about it.

Florida Highway Patrol didn't release the information until 2 p.m. ET today.

I'm guessing a neighbor tipped off the press and it took that long for them to get the FHP to release the info.

Maybe he & Elin had a fight over his supposed girlfriend?

The people behind that report are the Enquirer and there has yet to be a shred of proof about it.

The people behind that report are the Enquirer and there has yet to be a shred of proof about it.

I hate reports like that - whether true or not - it's no one's business and it's just hurtful.

Just heard about this during the Cincy/Illini game. Sounds kind of fishy. Leaving at 2:35 in the morning and alcohol isn't a factor. I doubt the kids were out of diapers at that time and he was running to Walmart.

Whatever the circumstances, let's all cross our fingers that he's ok because he truly is the face of golf at the moment. Let's also hope that nothing sketchy/illegal (e.g. drugs, etc.) was involved because that will not be good for the game in an already tough time to find sponsors, etc.

Whatever the circumstances, let's all cross our fingers that he's ok because he truly is the face of golf at the moment. Let's also hope that nothing sketchy/illegal (e.g. drugs, etc.) was involved because that will not be good for the game in an already tough time to find sponsors, etc.

Good point, they are saying he is in serious condition which is unusual at that low of speed.

I hate reports like that - whether true or not - it's no one's business and it's just hurtful.

Hence the word "supposed" in my post. I believe the Enquirer is the one who broke the story about John Edwards.

Just heard on the radio here that he is not in serious condition. Seems to make more sense if the air bag didn't even deploy.

Let us hope.

2:30am, leaving his house, injured under 35mph, probably a fight with the wife and not wearing a seatbelt.

Come on guys - haven't you ever gone out at 2:30am for something other than because you fought with your wife?

Come on guys - haven't you ever gone out at 2:30am for something other than because you fought with your wife?

Nope, that's always the reason.

jk

Munchies?

I am fascinated with all the assumptions that he MUST HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING WRONG. THere was no alcohol, he did not hurt anybody, and the serious reports have turned out to be wrong from the local reports that say he is doing fine.

We have been so programmed by every other athlete or celebrity that live a certain lifestyle that they must be doing something wrong, but if there was ever a guy that should get a pass atleast in this, it is this guy. He has never done anything away from teh course to give us any reason not to.

Back