JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few in hands
9ujy6aqy.jpg
enezy6yr.jpg

While my time with these has been obviously limited I am blown away from what I've experienced thus far.

First off these irons look sharp. Very clean, shiny and just scream class. Thin-ish top line for those that need it but pack some "width" on the sole.

Ball just screams off the face of these pretty much no matter where you make contact. I've experienced such confidence with these irons so far it's hard to explain it in words but very few sets have given me this feeling which is key for a hack like me.

I'm a huge fan of the toe weighting on these clubs as that is typically my miss. I've seen minimal distance loss out there which is just in front of the green for me which I can live with. Especially compared to other iron sets I have played in the past.

My set is 5-PW and as I've started to hit the 5 better more and more it has me pondering just how easy a 4 could be.

Nippon 950 Pro shafts are lightweight which is my preference as I come from kbs tour 90s.

Great all around irons that you would be doing yourself a dis service not to try out.

Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Wow!! These are beauties. The embargo release came sooner than I expected.

Did you all have the 545 or did any get the 745?

Last edited:
I loved the looks of these from the get go, absolutely stunning.

Me like the looks of those a lot......wonder if anywhere near me is going to be getting them......?

Can't wait to hear what those lucky MC folks have to say about them

Good preview thread; I've been looking forward to this after the various rumours around the forum. Looking beautiful, particularly the 745s :smile:

Me like the looks of those a lot......wonder if anywhere near me is going to be getting them......?

Can't wait to hear what those lucky MC folks have to say about them
My apex are in the marketplace.
I think that speaks volumes as far as how much I love these clubs.

I did see that Mike, obviously you had reasons for that, but even so, for something to kick the Apex out of the bag so quick is very interesting

I did see that Mike, obviously you had reasons for that, but even so, for something to kick the Apex out of the bag so quick is very interesting
The combination of everything good is hard to deny. Great shaft options to fit my game, crazy forgiving since I "occasionally" miss the sweet spot and a great feel at impact. Ball shoots off of the face.

Didn't come across 1 person at Staff Sponsor day that didn't like them. And that says alot since you had guys playing gear from 4 other companies.

The combination of everything good is hard to deny. Great shaft options to fit my game, crazy forgiving since I "occasionally" miss the sweet spot and a great feel at impact. Ball shoots off of the face.

Didn't come across 1 person at Staff Sponsor day that didn't like them. And that says alot since you had guys playing gear from 4 other companies.

Stop it!!!!! I am busy looking at the website for the club with the Cleveland/Srixon fitting centre just along the road from me to see if they have any mention of the clubs yet!!!!! Might have to call in sometime to see if they will be getting them as there is no mention on the website

Can I meet you on the range in West Palm Beach !!

Those are gorgeous. Very jealous of those Cleveland/Srixon Staffers this year.

These will definitely receive very strong consideration in 2015. Like everything I see and read about them.

They are some of the nicest looking irons i've seen. Maybe a dumb question, but where in the US outside of ebay can you even find Srixon clubs? Other than their balls, i've never seen them at GG or GS near me, nor any other major online retailer. Is that changing with this set?

Yes please!

Good info Ryan. 545 ponder mode engaged.

I know Jersey Nate had to go with older cleveland lines for the MC, but will these be avaliable for us lefties? if yes, I could see the 545 make their way to my bag

Wow. No wonder the guys were chomping at the bit to talk about these once the embargo was lifted. Those are some gorgeous looking clubs, combine those with the amazing forgiveness others have mentioned and Srixon should have a winner right here.

Those are really good looking ton of tech and I really like the Utx grips as stock as well.

Yup, these are high on my list. Can't wait to try them out.

Oh my. Wow those look good. I will be hitting these.

These irons look great in person, and they feel really nice at impact. I was very impressed with the irons Hawk had in his bag at Staff Sponsor day.

Great looking irons in person. The guys were hitting them well in Myrtle Beach.

Back