2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Wow bubba with two really bad shots with a FW to try and rolls the ball on to the green

the look really doesn't bother me. Different for a US Open? Yup, but I don't mind it.

Brown grass doesnt bug me at all. Seeing areas with dirt and no grass and divots everywhere bugs me. But it is what it is.

I went with Fowler and Rose. Fowler because it's his contest, and I think this is a good combination of links golf and tough setup that will bring out his best. And Rose had the best betting odds aside from Bubba, whose game I don't think matches up well with the course.

Me too. Thunderdome if we win :alien:

I went Rose and Walker. Will be popular me thinks

Agreed. Loved it when I played it and even though it's a little more brown now I still really like it

the brown doesn't bother me one bit. Going to play firm and fast and I think it's going to lead to some entertaining golf. Should be awesome.

Brown grass doesnt bug me at all. Seeing areas with dirt and no grass and divots everywhere bugs me. But it is what it is.

what areas are bothering you? Divots everywhere?

I have a feeling pace of play is going to be awful

Bubba rolls it in for double to start his round. Phil Birdie

Anyone else having trouble streaming through the android app?

Chambers Muni Bay. I didnt realize just how bad of shape the course looked. Some people will love it...*cough*Martsy*cough* but I just hate seeing a major played like this.
As I see it, it's frustrating that the USGA insists that courses be hung out to dry and held to such a thin margin of being "US Open tough" while still being at all serviceable. I'm reminded of how intentionally tough they made Merion, and all the measures they went through to get it in shape, knowing a day's worth of rain might soften up the greens and render everything moot.

Don't get me wrong, I rather like Chambers Bay, and I understand the nature of fescue in terms of it looking bad for a long time without actually dying. I understand that not a lot of people are going to get behind the look. I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I can understand and appreciate why it looks that way without much caring for the look.

Pinehurst is proof that they can make a US Open tough course without making it look like scabland.

to each his own... I love this course

Anyone else having trouble streaming through the android app?

It turned off for me once. I restarted the app and working fine for me now.

I am using the US Open App. Working great for right now.

Are you guys using the FoxSportsGo app?

Gribble is the early favorite to win! :act-up:

As most of you know, I love this course too. Doesn't look too much different than Muirfield looked in '13 when Scotland was baked.

I love how the commentators are struggling to call the pin the flagstick haha.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I think it's cool Natalie Gulbis is walking the course and providing coverage.

Are you guys using the FoxSportsGo app?
they don't start until noon. US Open app for my LG tablet is absolutely terrible, one of the worst I've ever seen. It skips like somebody dancing the robot in the 80s. Brutally bad

Phil in the Zone early sticks it close again.

Some of the views are pretty sweet out there, too.

Back