Handicap
The Driver
ca9bba9b02454c1028d3e218883b7170.jpg

588c38e1a4209b8d99bc20164b2db555.jpg

66e4268afe3d0052aa5c2ffffd0944cb.jpg

d6fd4da037d63966a00052af451893f6.jpg

0470a5223b913212980ee3b0949ce816.jpg

That GX3 looks awesome

I'm a fan of their optics, I can imagine their rangefinders are pretty good. Minus an ergonomic grip I like the looks.

I'll be honest i don't know much about Leupold. Do they bring anything to the table that Bushnell doesn't have? Just since B i assume has a huge marketshare..

If they do the same job as their competitors then pricing is the only real issue. I like their looks!

I'll be honest i don't know much about Leupold. Do they bring anything to the table that Bushnell doesn't have? Just since B i assume has a huge marketshare..

For a background on the company, Leupold has reputation of making the finest rifle scopes. Hunters covet Leopold scopes more than any other brand and it's not unusual to spend as much or more on a Leupold scope than the rifle it is mated with. My father-in-law was a sharpshooter in Vietnam and avid hunter and will only buy Leupold. The FBI Hostage Rescue Team also uses Leopold exclusively - I guess what I'm saying is their reputation is second to none.

As far as rangefinders, Leupold has the same amazing optical quality as their scopes and are the only range finders that work in foggy conditions. I play early in the morning where fog can be a big factor during the winter months in the central valley of California. I also happen to prefer the optics, eye cup, and ergonomics of my GX3i2 over my Bushnell Z6 Jolt which I sold shortly after I bought it because it was rendered useless even in light fog. Price wise, my GX3i2(currently $312.20 Amazon Prime) was $25 cheaper than my Z6 Jolt. I am expecting the Leopold durability and reliability will carry over from their rifle scopes to their rangefinders. I'm hesitant to trust Bushnell's reliability as 2 of the 3 Bushnell's I owned just stopped working one day after never being dropped or abused. My Nikon is 9 years old and works perfectly.

Last edited:
I like the looks of the leupold and I've heard good things specifically to the fog aspect and CS is top notch.

I don't like the green rangefinders though I think i would lose it in the grass

I own the Gx3i - fantastic laser, super fast, beeps (where others jolt), I got mine for around $320 a year ago - no issues whatsoever.
The reason I went w Leopold, and not Bushnell, was based on customer feedback re: customer service - Leupold is top notch, Bushnell was not nearly as good.

Their stuff is always on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Leupold GX-i1. All that I need, and nothing that I don't. Plus as tahoe mentioned, it has a fog mode that actually works.

Wow super clean looking and I like the accent of subtle colors. Might have to give hem a chance this year to knock the bushnell out of the bag.

Really liking how these look.

I currently have a GPS system but would really like to have a GOOD range finder. I confess I really don't know that much about them other than the fact that some beep and some jolt or vibrate. You want good optics, but is there really that much difference when you look at a target 200-300 yards away?

Wow super clean looking and I like the accent of subtle colors. Might have to give hem a chance this year to knock the bushnell out of the bag.

I played yesterday with my neighbor who I sold my Z6 Jolt to last summer so I used the opportunity to compare the Bushnell to my Leuopold. The Z6 was not for me because the focus ring moved every time I took it out of my pocket and it was completely non-functional in even light fog which is very common here for about 4-5 months a year.

After comparing the Z6 to my Leopold GX3-i2 today it was obvious why I prefer the Leupold. Better optics, wether it's bright sun or the low light of dusk, better shading eye cup, waterproof, and the focus ring stays in place like it should. The build quality seems better with more metal and less plastic. The Leopold is also waterproof while my Bushnell Z6 was not. The form factor is also smaller and ergonomically just fits in my hand and pocket better. The 3 Bushnell's and my 2 Nikons I've owned were all pretty much worthless in even the lightest of fog, while the Leupold GX-3i2 works perfectly with its fog mode. Bushnell has done a great job of marketing and makes a great product but IMO the Leupold excels at everything, has no weaknesses, and unlike the Nikons or Bushnells, operates in all conditions.

Last edited:
Back