Hole-In-One vs. Course Record

Hole-In-One vs. Course Record

• Total voters
67e1bcf34aec94fb6bad07e1f48f8118.jpg

take him out!

Course record. Of course, wouldn't mind a HIO someday.

Already have two hole-in-ones so course record, although that will not ever happen :).

Course record all day long!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Course record for sure. I might actually get a HIO sometime in my life, but a course record will almost definitely never happen.

I strive to excel at this game we call golf. I strive every round to do better than the round before. I strive to get that elusive hole-in-one.

I just think it's easier for me to get a hole-in-one versus shooting a course record.

Don't have either, but think the course record is more impressive. Requires 18 holes of great golf. HIO is 1 swing. Still awesome, but the course record is much more impressive.

Course record for sure

First off,,,,Your Father has 5 and you have 7,,,,,seriously???? The odds on that are astronomical. I'm not calling you out but, that's has to be a record.

I myself would prefer a course record. I have played since my early 20s and caught on very quickly and play at a high level. Not a single HIO. Now I've actually have a run or two at cub records but they have all ended in spectacular flame outs.

Course record thank you.

Course record for me. Both are great, but a course record would be pretty rewarding of alot of hard work towards my game.

I'll take the course record, because it would make me know that I have the game I need to get to the level I want to. With that game, a hole in 1 will present itself sometime.

Don't think I will ever be course record good, would be nice, but realistically I would love a HIO

First off,,,,Your Father has 5 and you have 7,,,,,seriously???? The odds on that are astronomical. I'm not calling you out but, that's has to be a record.

I myself would prefer a course record. I have played since my early 20s and caught on very quickly and play at a high level. Not a single HIO. Now I've actually have a run or two at cub records but they have all ended in spectacular flame outs.

Course record thank you.

Yep, believe it or not. My father has been playing since the early '60s (50+ years) and I started playing in 1975 (40+ years). My father was a very good golfer in his youth (he still hits more fairways than me!) and he took it very seriously. Until he blew out his knee and broke an ankle, he was quite the athlete. Myself ... I can remember each and every one of them. 2 in high school (both at Army Navy CC), 2 in college (1 at Westin Hills CC in Florida, 1 at Lonnie Poole GC - NC State) & 3 since ... most recently at Goose Creek (old #6 that was by the road) which I am sad to say that Goose is no longer!
My thought is the longer I play, the luckier I get! A few of them were lucky bounces but one I remember distinctly ... rattled the hole on the fly! Surprising to me that it didn't pop out.

Course record.

A HIO has a fair amount of luck involved. I know some really crappy golfers that have aced a hole. For a course record, your game just has to be really solid. You may have a good break on a hole, but you won't have 18, so for me, that would be a lot more satisfying.

Course record. You don't get lucky for 18 holes...

There will always be someone better than you who could break your course record - it may take a long time to happen but it is pretty much guaranteed that it will be beaten at some point

I have therefore chosen a hole in one as it is something that nobody else can take away from you

I'll take the Ace. Holding a course record means you can't play like poo and explain it away easily.

The course record of course!

This thread wouldn't be complete without.....

[video=youtube;pmm-ZGNCv-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm-ZGNCv-8[/video]

Which would you rather have?

So I was thinking of this the other day with my father. My father has 5 holes-in-one & I have 7. So I have had the experience and excitement of a hole-in-one, multiple times, all under different circumstances. But for those player's that have never had one, it can be an experience unlike any other. Some people believe that having some skill increases your chances at a hole in one but let's be honest, there is a lot of luck involved as well. How many times have you heard of someone, or possibly yourself, skulling one off the tee, getting a ridiculous bounce and ends up going in. Anyone can get one.
Now a course record, that is a different kind of achievement that only a select few can claim. I can be honest and say that I'm a single digit handicap and I will NEVER come close to achieving a course record. Although wouldn't it be nice to hold a record for a period of time and say that you were the BEST EVER on that course? Now that's something to be proud of. Whether it's at your local muni or at a more well known course like St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, or Pinehurst #2 .... a course record can stand for a long time. But records are meant to be broken.

So which is your preference? What would you rather have and why?

Been playing for 25 years and no hole-in-one yet, so I'll say I'm jealous and I'll take one of those.

I would like the course record by way of 18 holes in one.

Hole in one for me, not even sure why just want a HIO more.

I'll go with a hole in one for one reason......nobody can ever take that away from you....course record could be beaten the very next day and will be forgotten.

Been playing for 25 years and no hole-in-one yet, so I'll say I'm jealous and I'll take one of those.

I know lot's of good golfers who have never had one. They say the odds for an average golfer are about 1 in 12,000 and for a low index golfer, 1 in 5,000. If a low index golfer played 60 rounds a year that's about 250 par 3's so statistically a low index golfer should get one about every 20 years, and an average golfer should get one about every 50 years, assuming 60 rounds per year.

What I don't get it why I have holed out a couple dozen times from 125+ yards, most recently on January 31st, but it almost never happens on a par 3.

Back