New True Temper Prototype DG AMT Shaft

Interesting idea, makes sense. Wouldn't mind feeling that out.

There is an alternative Swing weight theory that your clubs should have .7 SW difference between clubs to actually have the same feel throughout the set. My boss uses this method in his clubs, starting with D2 in his 3i and adding .7 sw to each club going down through the set. He is a 30 year PGA card holder and has done this with his clubs for at least the last 10 years. This would fit in pretty well with that method.

Makes sense to me on large scale. I mean Driver usually has the lightest shaft of my woods so kind of makes sense to do this with irons as well.

So unless you add a little weight to the head as you go down, won't you go down 1 SW point starting with the 7 iron and go down one from there when you hit the 4 iron? I would think the lighter shafts in the longer irons will help with launch.

Kind of a quick way to do MOI in club sets. I'm thinking this is the purpose.

Wonder how long it will be before they are commercially available and the price?

Could this same progressive weighting be used in graphite versions?

It already has been done in graphite, see the ami player spec from Aerotech.

Hey all, thanks for the interest in the new Dynamic Gold AMT. Here's is some information about the shafts as well as some answers to your questions.

Dynamic Gold AMT is our newest Tour Shaft. AMT stands for Ascending Mass Technology. The shaft weights increase as you move from the 3 iron to the PW, from 109 grams to 130 grams in X100. Using our variable wall technology we are able to maintain traditional swingweights throughout the set. The lighter shaft weights will allow the player to produce higher ball speeds with the lower lofted irons than with traditional constant weight sets

The long irons will spin slightly more than Dynamic Gold for increased carry and softer landings. As you progress to the wedge, launch and spin progressively start to mirror Dynamic Gold. The PW shaft is the Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft, because when you have best wedge shaft in golf why change it?

Answering some questions from the further up in the post.

• Dynamic Gold AMT is not a flighted set. The longer irons will spin a little more than Dynamic Gold but throughout the set the launch conditions would all be characterized as low launch for the better player.
  • We have made several iron sets in the past that featured ascending weights through the set but none that feature the drastic weight progression and the better players launch characteristics featured in Dynamic Gold AMT.
  • Retail availability is still to be determined.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Don

Interesting, but no reason to expect it for retail if the intention is for the x100 crowd.

Makes a lot of sense not only from the point of swingweight but also could have a good effect on launch depending on how and where they are removing the weight.

Interesting, but no reason to expect it for retail if the intention is for the x100 crowd.

Plin- This will be available in the same flexes as Dynamic Gold when it is all said and done.

Giving this one a bump as Every won with them in the bag. I'll be honest, I'm definitely intrigued. Heavy in the wedge, and then progressively lighter as it closes in on the 4 iron.

"Ascending Mass Technology" --- Nice.

CAvAl_-UsAAN81i.jpg:large

Yep, I want to hit them quite badly. Mainly because it makes perfect sense in my mind.

I hope to see a similar idea in their other shaft lines in the future. I have no intention of going back to the DG irons, but these in the XP line would be pretty cool.

Yep, I want to hit them quite badly. Mainly because it makes perfect sense in my mind.

It'll never trump DG Pro (I'm guessing) but they'd be a really fun experience I think.

Makes sense too. We progress from the driver to the woods to the irons, why not THROUGH the irons.

The concept makes so much sense, we do it from driver to fairway to hybrid, why not irons!?

Another win. Something tells me True Temper has a winner in the making.

Another win. Something tells me True Temper has a winner in the making.
You ain't kidding. The concept makes so much sense, I'm going to try and find a way to try these out somehow.

Will be looking at this closely for my flex. Battle against the KBS Tour V for my next iron set.

True Temper AMT

True Temper AMT

Does anyone have information on these new shafts? Apparently the tech in these shafts make each club feel the same at impact. The longer irons are lighter than the short irons. Walker and Avery both had these in play and won.

Anyone?

I'm on TT, so can't paste a link, but JB had a thread on these.

Believe PW shaft is the starting weight, then each shaft gets progressively 3 grams lighter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is this not kind of the same concept that Rifle and Project X had in their flighted shafts? I know the bend points moved in those shafts as well (lower in long irons and higher in shorts) but I thought there may have been some weight differentials as well.

Is this not kind of the same concept that Rifle and Project X had in their flighted shafts? I know the bend points moved in those shafts as well (lower in long irons and higher in shorts) but I thought there may have been some weight differentials as well.

No. The flighted are actually descending weight technology but not quite as bad as a .370 blank set.

Project X 6.0 Flighted
Long irons are soft stepped 6.5 with less tip trim
Middle are Normal 6.0
Low are hard stepped 5.5 with more tip trim

Just a heads up, Wagner, as of this moment the current Co-Leader switched to AMT this week. Could be three straight weeks of some one wining with AMT the same week they switched!

Boo Weekley put these shafts into his irons this week....first round: tied for the lead.

Back