What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18.
The best I've ever felt about a round of golf today.

Got my new Callaway XR Pro irons delivered at 5:30 and got in 16 holes at my home course. They live up to all the hype and then some! 2 birdies, 1 bogey and 13 pars. I'm really excited!

Today has been:
THP
Ebay
Chipping & putting practice
Cleaned my clubs.

Been working on contact and coming from the inside, so brought a garbage 7i to work, and practiced at lunch trying to hit cigarette butts clean off ground and stood a foam coffee cup about 15" behind the butt to ensure the inside path. My instructor says I swing too steep, so picking them clean helps, got some funny looks from people though, lol. Man about 1-2 weeks and our courses will be opening, cannot wait.

I got out for my first 9 holes of the new year! and THP

Attempted to regrip 4 clubs 2night. Was my first time doing this. I don't think that they came out to bad but I did notice on my r 9 the grip isn't as long as it suppose to be. Im sure it gets easier w/ each one you do

Opened up my delivered GIANT. And promptly named him Jack. And thped. I will be rolling some balls with it tonight.

Finally, I put together a DIY indoor golf net in my basement. I've had the materials for a while but just didn't make the time to get it done. I don't have much time, but I need to groove a swing before the THP event in Kentucky.

Hit the range, THPed rolled some putts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contemplated a membership. Looks like a win-win situation. No initiation, no yearly commitment, good course close by, and the price is right. Think I'll pull the trigger tomorrow.

Putting drills. 21 3 footers, 30 6 footers, 30 10 footers and 50 lags from 35 feet.

Went to the club when it stopped raining this morning with the intention to hit range balls, the range was closed due to the rain so I decided to play nine with two balls, a white Pro v1x and yellow Chrome + Soft. Weather was cool and misty with occasional drops, it went well for a while and I found that, for me, the chrome + soft was a bit longer. Maybe 3-4 yards off the tee and 10 yards longer with 3 Wood. It was a good match until I hooked the White ball into trees and took a triple on 5. On #7, the rain started falling again and was pouring by #8. Since I was having trouble keeping grips dry enough for one shot much less two I ended it on 8 (by hitting the white into a pond.) I played out nine with a par from the back tee and double bogie from the middle tees. If I can find a rainy-day tournament, I'll be ready. (got plenty of practice in the logistics of keeping stuff)

Afterwards, we did a funeral ceremony for a veteran and it just happened to be during a heavy downpour. So now I have golf stuff drying in the garage and uniform drying in a closet.

Went to therapy, THP, putted a few indoors, put my name in for the open Legacy spot

Hit a bucket, again with a couple old MacGregors and my wedges. Chipped and putted for thirty minutes as well.

I was up at 5am and unable to go back to sleep so I THP'd to get some tips on how to do it, then I installed a Graffaloy Pro Launch Red in my BB V Series 3 wood. Can't wait to come home, have it dried and get out to the range tonight or tomorrow to give it a try.

Playing today with Kang and Abe. Abe is 95 and kicking my arse. He also just outdrove Kang and I. He had his first roune of golf on VDay.
94b3f02a4066f7f025f3081a2ec449f5.jpg

Playing today with Kang and Abe. Abe is 95 and kicking my arse. He also just outdrove Kang and I. He had his first roune of golf on VDay.
That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Abe is full of stories lol. Fun round even though it may be 5 hr+ lol

Met MDHacker at Golf Galaxy and Demoed the XR driver.

Played round No. 4 (18 holes) of the (inactive until April 1st) season. Wore my new Cutter and Buck golf pants. Received a roll of grip tape in the mail. And, not to forget, THP'ing....

I booked a tee time...yes that's right, I will finally step foot on a golf course in 2015 tomorrow.

Played 18 with j4u and a 95 yr old ww2 vet. Fun times

Played 18 with j4u and a 95 yr old ww2 vet. Fun times
You played...I kinda hung around for 16 and played 2. You had a heck of a round with even par making the turn.

Abe was a hoot and had a great swing for anyone...let alone someone 95 years old. Wish we could have hung around and had a beverage with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back