RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a question for you club fitters / experts!!! I play all my irons 3 degrees flat, should I have my putter adjusted also? I have a definite tendency to pull my putts to the left. Always looking for a reason why it isn't just my lack of talent!!

I have a question for you club fitters / experts!!! I play all my irons 3 degrees flat, should I have my putter adjusted also? I have a definite tendency to pull my putts to the left. Always looking for a reason why it isn't just my lack of talent!!

Some fitters/locations offer putter fittings, too. I'd look into that. Outside of that, it might be helpful to set up a video camera behind yourself and SEE how you set up to a putter. Take a look and see if, when you are comfortable over a putt, is the ball directly under your eyes, under your chin, outside you head? If you tend to pull your putts, it could be alignment, could be stroke.

The putting stroke is much different than your golf swing. I am often fit upright in my irons but flat by a degree or two in the putter. Get fit and see what is best for you but do not base it on your irons.

The putting stroke is much different than your golf swing. I am often fit upright in my irons but flat by a degree or two in the putter. Get fit and see what is best for you but do not base it on your irons.

This this this.

I'm 2* up in irons, and 2* flat in putter.

A fitting is the only way to truly tell. There are also different stock lies amongst OEMs for irons and putters. I have my putters to to 69° which for some OEMs is 1 degree flat and others it is 2° flat.

I was also fit 2* up in irons and 1* flat in the putter.

I'm 1 flat in my putter and my new irons are up .75* i believe (Ping blue dot)

So true and perfectly said! Get fit for your putter!

Back