What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got in 7 holes before getting rained out. Was -1 before getting chased off the course.

Great ball-striking day. Hit the pin on my second shot on the first par 5 with my 3 iron. Hit every green in regulation I played with some really good shots into those that gave me good opportunities for birdie. Struggled with the putter that's for sure.

Sean, do you think the extreme heat today contributed to the extra distance?

Got in 7 holes before getting rained out. Was -1 before getting chased off the course.

Great ball-striking day. Hit the pin on my second shot on the first par 5 with my 3 iron. Hit every green in regulation I played with some really good shots into those that gave me good opportunities for birdie. Struggled with the putter that's for sure.
Umm, now you're just showing off

2 weeks since playing in the MC, finally got back out for league and proceed to shoot +4 (40). 7 pars, 2 doubles. It was on my home course, I could golf it in my sleep, but I had a ton of fun. Just enjoyed it immensely.

Shot a 9 hole PB 40 this evening.

I figured after my 9 holes on Monday where I had 4 3-putts and couldn't putt a ball straight to save my life, I better find a way to avoid putting. I decided to chip in 3 times in this round. Once on #5 after blading a 9i to the hill in front of the elevated green. A second time for bogey on the Par 3 6th after sending my tee shot into the woods. A third time on #9 after yanking the tee shot right and having a PW roll off the green.

Played Eagle Ridge here in Raleigh from the tips tonight. They had aerated the fairways but that didn't seem to bother us. I had a 40/45 for total 85. Had 30 putts, should have been better then that. I played some really good golf on the front 9 and start of the back 9. Hurt my back last weekend playing in the yard with the kiddo and on #12 I tweaked it and was really never the same after that. Couldn't get off the tee box and had to scramble. Went into protect the back mode and ball contact kinda went to poop. Overall I can't complain. I'm seeing some really really positive signs that I'm headed in the right direction. I'd like to break the 80 barrier before the end of the year. I'm going to take about a week off from any full swings and see if I can get it straightened out. I'll spend some time working on my short game instead of full swings.

A very disappointing 53. I was on track to hit my mid-40's target but the wheels came off on the last few holes. The one hole that I deliberately played super conservatively so I wouldn't go into the water... splash. Very frustrating.

Highlight was a nice chip-in for birdie on a twisty downhiller though.

It was out Thursday night9 hole "handicap tournament." basically your handicap/2 = your handicap and every 4 strokes is a different flight. 1-4 play each other, 5-8 play each other and so on and so fourth. Well I am a 6 handicap on 18 so I played with the 1-4. 6/7 fairways 8/9 GIR and 16 putts got me a 33,-2. Hell of a way to play on the night that individual scores count. I had 3 birdies and a bogey, and 3 lip outs that turned in to 2 putt pars. I'll take it every day of the week.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

40-41-81 in men's league tonight. So much good was happening with my swing but it was wasted with a terribly off putting day. I was really striking the ball well. Missed the first 4 fairways then hit the last 10. Hit 10 GIR and with many in great birdie range. Just couldnt get the putter going. Pulled everything left. Only made one birdie despite all the good chances. Had to play the last 2 holes in the pitch black and limped through it with a bogey and a double. There are definitely some low rounds coming up. My game is coming together.

A grotesque 46 thanks to a very stupid and especially big back to back blowup holes. I was +3 otherwise.

Well, I don't know what was up today, other than it was hotter than the devil's arse at high noon. After about 8 holes I didn't really care to be out there. Shot a "bad" 92. I put that in quotes because something weird was going on out there.

In all the practice time I've put in, I've apparently stumbled upon the 'swing easier' concept of ball striking because my yardages were WAY jacked up tonight. The short irons were about a club long, but the 6-8 were going way out there...two clubs, probably.
I totally flew a 163 yard par 3 with an 8 iron. FLEW it. WAY by. Not downhill, either. So, intrigued, I hit another. Same thing.
I measured them at 174 and 176. WTH!?!?! Not long ago I had to kill a 6 to go that far.
PW going about 135. AW to 120.
Shooting a decent round is tough when you suddenly don't know your yardages.
Not a bad problem to have, but I need to figure this crap out in the next 20-something days!

Hate it when that happens, I feel your pain. Last week I managed to hit a 9i 162 into a par three leaving me way past the pin. Easily 20 yards past where I usually put my 9i... Good luck with sorting it, hopefully it's just a weird day

Sean, do you think the extreme heat today contributed to the extra distance?
It was rather toasty, wasn't it? I didn't even check on the course, but I knew it was damn hot. When I got home, wifey informed me the weather guy said it was 101 heat index.

Shot a 9 hole PB 40 this evening.

I figured after my 9 holes on Monday where I had 4 3-putts and couldn't putt a ball straight to save my life, I better find a way to avoid putting. I decided to chip in 3 times in this round. Once on #5 after blading a 9i to the hill in front of the elevated green. A second time for bogey on the Par 3 6th after sending my tee shot into the woods. A third time on #9 after yanking the tee shot right and having a PW roll off the green.
Congrats on the PB, solid round.

When I learn to putt, I will really be able to show off.

If you learn to putt, I'll carry your bag and keep that swing working. 2 shots a side my friend and a mind like a steel trap. You have some serious 'it' factors in your game.

Was in awe watching you play in Myrtle sir. Was an honor.

SPI instruction and you are all set! :thumb:

It's been on my mind. I took a lesson with my instructor about a month ago and need to follow-up. If I don't see improvement SPI is the next step.

If you learn to putt, I'll carry your bag and keep that swing working. 2 shots a side my friend and a mind like a steel trap. You have some serious 'it' factors in your game.

I can't imagine how many shots you would save me during the course of a round. I do some stupid stuff and I know you would no issue telling me when I'm being a dumb___.

Maybe THEN we can win an invitational

You're right. I'm sorry. I will play better next time.

Was in awe watching you play in Myrtle sir. Was an honor.

Thanks, man. You guys put the pressure on us with some great shots. Hope we can tee it up again.

Had a mixed bag for a 41 - interesting as I thought I played much better yesterday with 42/44 but my misses today were better. Had one birdie and four pars which is pretty good going for me. Highlight was an approach from the rough at 100 which bounced to a foot away.

76 (+4)
3 over on the front and 1 over on the back. Put one in the water on a par 3 on the back and that led to a double. Birdie on 17 after a punch shot was great.

Hit everything solid today and putted well, but I must have burned the edge on 4 or 5 birdie putts. Really happy with where my ball striking is.

Played 9, shot a 45.

Off the tee was iffy but my round can be narrowed down to one hole, penalty shot off the tee and then total collaps, shot a 9 (Par 4) everything else (left some approach shots wanting but nothing too bad) was solid, putting was better than it has been short game was on point.

The 4 last rounds, this week all of them, has been difficult. Final scores has been ok, good even, but how I got there has been a struggle. Every hole seems to be hard....I have to struggle for my pars, and birdies are rare.

a5utyhej.jpg

Couldn't get the putter going and the group in front of us hit my ball on 2 holes on adjacent fairways which pissed me off and took my out of my game.

Shot 40 on the front 9. 6 pars, 2 bogies and 1 double. Actually had a great day striking the ball just couldn't do anything off the tee today. Its upsetting because my strong point is off the tee and I was just spraying the Alpha everywhere today. Gotta get some more practice time with her. Had 15 putts and missed a few shorts ones so overall I'm happy but not pleased with my drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back