Was gifted some blades by a neighbor.. (Old company? Clones?)

TeeJay

Fairways and Greens.
Reaction score
Handicap
Long story short, an elderly woman who's husband is getting a little under the weather gave me a brand new, never used(but old) set of blades. (3/4/5 7/8/9)

Never heard of the brand (Pro Made) but I was told that he's had these since the early 90s but had them in the attic. The grips are dated but they have True Temper Gold shafts in them. The shape reminds me of the Titlelist MB 714 or Nike VR Pro Blades... Maybe they are clones? Or just an old brand? Pictures below. I don't own any blades so this was a blessing regardless. Thinking about cleaning them up and getting them regripped. Maybe even getting them dyed gun metal.
f36f5a012df0969ce302505654d4cdce.jpg

a719b6e58ed47adf32bd9ff5797a3f0f.jpg

8d25c78ffae803b4b45c5d5850b119b1.jpg

a1f27c7a624e6d4027d2af2c874ba366.jpg

Going off memory here, but didn't GolfCraft purchase Pro Made?

5 and 9 Iron:
3eeecbe429261f81b188db2e251b1398.jpg

e47a92770c6ea6e9ba877143dbba723a.jpg

2054e052d60e0f8a410a8027728f89c9.jpg

2a2e423856ffd01e03e4c0571308c143.jpg

I have seen this brand around, they look quite fun to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going off memory here, but didn't GolfCraft purchase Pro Made?
I have no idea. Lol that's why I'm glad I'm a part of this community, you guys have the knowledge.

321190887fc4433a5a8bfd7632db4f3d.jpg

0b4b276a44f7e8b7805ea9163f0fb144.jpg

If it is the one that was purchased, that brand has a unique history.
GolfCraft made some nice irons like the Continentals (I think that was the name).
They were then purchased by Titleist in 1970 to have an iron line.

All this going off memory, which is a bit rusty at times.

Those irons look great!

Those irons look awesome. Have fun trying those bad boys out. They will get your ball striking on point

Those irons look like severe hand pain to me haha. But they are pretty!

GolfCraft made some nice irons like the Continentals (I think that was the name).

This ^^^^^^ is correct.

Those are pretty cool looking man

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm thinking about putting some graphite shafts on them, then trying them out when the snow dies down.

They look nice and painful if hit wrong lol.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm thinking about putting some graphite shafts on them, then trying them out when the snow dies down.
Watch the weight if you do go graphite. These heads were designed for a heavier steel shaft. Good luck

Thanks bavs

Nice looking irons Terrence!

The leading edge looks super sharp. Being a digger, I would make trenches with something like those. Nice find!

Looked into the back story behind these blades. You were 100% correct... I'm guessing these were an early model for the Titlelist Tour Blades. Makes them even cooler to me.

Still considering placing some Harrison Tour Graphite shafts in them. If the club heads aren't too heavy I think they would turn these blades into some bombs. I'm gaming some cavity backs right now, so this could be a change for the better once the handicap drops.

Pretty good memory there JB !
Google tells me that Pro-Made started in Vancouver, Canada then was bought by GolfCraft in the 50's and then by Titleist.
If the internet is true(and we know it always is) then those clubs have some age to them.

Those look sweet but they would be a bit much for my game!

Back