Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This is a press release

BOBBY JONES INTRODUCES FIRST EVER COMPLETE LINE OF PERFORMANCE OUTERWEAR

XH[SUB]2[/SUB]0 Outerwear Offers 3 Categories of Performance: Impact, Dynamic and Velocity​

Atlanta, GA – Bobby Jones, celebrating the iconic apparel brand’s 25[SUP]th [/SUP]anniversary in 2014, today unveiled its first-ever complete selection of performance outerwear. The Bobby Jones XH[SUB]2[/SUB]0 Outerwear line offers the same unparalleled attention to detail golfers have come to expect from Bobby Jones, with a new infusion of weather-beating versatility for stylish protection on-and-off the course.

“Mr. Jones played in a time when golfers had to endure severe weather without much protection from the elements at all,” said Andy Bell, President/CEO of Jones Global Sports. “If players were lucky enough to find a reliable rain jacket, they had to sacrifice range of motion and comfort in order to stay dry. Mr. Jones would be amazed to see today just how far outerwear has come. The ability to blend comfort, style and protection is a unique advantage to the golfers of this era. What we’ve done with the XH[SUB]2[/SUB]O Outerwear collection for Fall 2014 is create garments that we know Mr. Jones would have been proud to wear in a variety of challenging and changing weather conditions like he faced when competing in tournaments known for foul weather like, the Open Championship and British Amateur.”

i-8jcdGPX-L.png

The Bobby Jones XH[SUB]2[/SUB]0 Outerwear collection offers 3 different levels of performance. The first-level, the Impact Collection, features 3 garments, all adept at handling cool, windy light precipitation conditions. The High Side ¼ Zip Half Sleeve is constructed of 100% polyester and offers lightweight versatility that is easy to pack in your bag. The Durable Water Repellancy (DWR) finished fabric is quiet and provides an easy fit for layering. Utilizing the same DWR finished poly fabric, the Torque ¼ Zip Vest offers a water-resistant shell, quiet nylon coil zippers and an adjustable elastic draw-cord at the hem for a versatile piece that is easy to provide quick protection in changing weather conditions. Highlighting the Impact offering is the Bobby Jones XH[SUB]2[/SUB]O Condor Full-Zip Jacket that is lightweight and packable, with a compact polyester that gives the wearer comfortable and effective water-resistant protection. The XH[SUB]2[/SUB]O Outerwear Impact Collection ranges in price from $98.50-$125, and each item is available in Black, Emerald, Navy, Red, Sapphire and White color schemes.

i-jSxsqHL-L.png

Bobby Jones’ XH[SUB]2[/SUB]0 Dynamic Collection is built on the Double Eagle Pullover. The Double Eagle Pullover is constructed of 100% polyester and offers a seam-sealed, breathable design that is perfect for layering or for warm-weather outerwear. The garment offers ultimate versatility in that it is packable, quiet and distraction-free. In addition, the garment’s quick-dry capability and low moisture absorption offer an added level of comfort for wet-weather golf. The Double Eagle Pullover is available in Black, Navy, Red and Sapphire and is priced at $225 with a 5-year warranty of waterproof protection.

i-rnDR9cb-L.png

For golfers who desire total protection and ultimate comfort, Bobby Jones XH[SUB]2[/SUB]O Outerwear offers the Velocity Rain Jacket. Form meets function in this completely waterproof, breathable, 4-way stretch fabric shell that is lightweight and whisper-quiet. In addition to total protection, the Velocity Rain Jacket utilizes a combination of stretch inserts to maximize ease-of-movement. Furthermore, the front and back breathable inserts, upper mesh liner and underarm zippers increase airflow and moisture evaporation keeping the wearer cool and comfortable no matter what the situation. Offering ultimate versatility, the Velocity Rain Jacket features zip-off sleeves that allow the piece to convert into a warm-weather short-sleeve style garment as temperatures change. The Bobby Jones XH[SUB]2[/SUB]0 Velocity Rain Jacket is available in Black and Navy and offers complementing pants for head-to-toe protection. The Velocity Rain Jacket also offers a 5-year warranty on waterproof protection and is priced at $325.

The entire Bobby Jones XH2O Outerwear offering is available now where Bobby Jones products are sold.

For a quarter century, Bobby Jones has provided luxury men’s and women’s sportswear, including polo shirts, button downs, shorts, slacks and premium layering items to demanding consumers looking to exude a classy, cool confidence on and off the course. The Bobby Jones brand can be found at the finest golf clubs, resorts and haberdasheries in the world. For more information on the Bobby Jones brand, visit www.bobbyjones.com.

This is exciting to me, mainly because I know the quality will be awesome.

But, I'm far too cheap.

That Velocity rain jacket looks awesome, but the only way I could justify it would be if I moved to the UK and was playing in the rain more than half the time

Looking sharp.

This is exciting to me, mainly because I know the quality will be awesome.

But, I'm far too cheap.

Took the words out of my mouth. Pricey but I know that it's made really really well.

$325 rain jacket is right there with the best in the biz price wise.

GG, is the 1/4 Zip the one we got in the MC? I couldn't see on my phone if they were the same.

Looks great. A bit pricey for more though.

Those are fantastic!

I would love to own some Bobby Jones Apparel, however it's just too much for the budget.

Nice. That's a great little pullover.

I'm a huge fan of the vest from this line that we got at the MC. It lives in my bag, and has been perfect when there's been a little wind or rain.

I like how some of these look i just dont think my wallet will be ok with it.

What an awesome line. But like others, wow on the price.

Really impressed with the new Bobby Jones line. I know it's a little higher price but I think you get what you pay for.

Quality comes with a price. Ponder activated

Looks nice. Price is probably out of my price range but then again if bonus time goes well next year i might have to jump.

The pullover vest I got for the MC is always in my bag and is made incredibly well. I've only had one experience with it on regards to inclement weather, and it performed wonderfully.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Quality comes with a price. Ponder activated

I've found this is especially true when it comes to outerwear. I really want to see if I can find some of this stuff to see in person.

The styling looks great, and after the MC hearing from the staffers, I can't wait to try out some Bobby stuff!

There is a Bobby Jones store an hour or so from me. I need to head up there and check out the line in person.

The vest is phenomenal. Waterproof yet breathable, light - yet breaks the wind. This vest has become my go to fall weather jacket

Man that Velocity jacket looks incredible, lots of scratch but beautiful.

Back