Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I haven't quite figured out the proper height of the ball on the tee for a driver. I usually tee it up too high or too low. Is there a general rule of thumb?

What about for irons?

Can you tee off using a wedge?

With the driver I would usually tee it up so that about 1/4 of the top of the ball is above the top of the clubface at address. Sometimes I would decide to go just so that the top of the ball is level with the top of the clubface.
I think, as a general rule, most people would tee it up between 1/4 to 1/2 of the ball above the clubface.
For irons, I don't tee it up very high at all, barely above the grass, in fact.
Absolutley you can tee off with a wedge. Whatever is comfortable for you.

I use the Tomahawx Tees like JB said. They are automatically set to the correct height and I have yet to break one. My only issue with them, and I had said this many times before, is that they need to be brighter colors. When I knock the tee out of the ground that thing will go flying 20 feet. If I am at the range, I have to pray no one is about to take a swing and I run for dear life to grab the tee and run back hoping I don't get struck by a ball in the process.

If I am at the range, I have to pray no one is about to take a swing and I run for dear life to grab the tee and run back hoping I don't get struck by a ball in the process.

Could that be the next THP TV episode? hehe

Driver about 1/2 of ball above crown.
Fairway wood about a half-inch.
Everything else so just the head of the tee is above ground, so maybe 1/4".

Could that be the next THP TV episode? hehe

LOL you know I am surprised JB hasn't video taped that already. He always seems to catch me on camera when I am doing the dumbest things....like running across the house so I can jump high enough to touch the door frame. Or spinning around a golf club 10 times and then trying to walk in a straight line, or eating an entire chocolate cake in one night...why do I take those stupid bets?

How can eating an entire chocolate cake in one night be a stupid bet? :D

LOL you know I am surprised JB hasn't video taped that already. He always seems to catch me on camera when I am doing the dumbest things....like running across the house so I can jump high enough to touch the door frame. Or spinning around a golf club 10 times and then trying to walk in a straight line, or eating an entire chocolate cake in one night...why do I take those stupid bets?

Yes folks, that is my wife.
:alien::bulgy-eyes:

I can eat 50 eggs! :banana:

If you didn't take those bets, you wouldn't be you; and you being you is why we love you around here. :D

I am the guilty party for threadjacking here sorry about that. Back on topic...I recommend the Tomahawx Tee.

Agreed. The Tomahawx are great tees. They go into the ground easy and never break. I think everyone will agree they somehow get lost before they ever break. I lost all mine from the flying tee phenomenon too.

I like the tees with stripes or colorblocks. I have yet to pay up for the Tomahawks.

For the last five months I have used the 4 yards more tees I used to break a bunch of the standard wod tees each round and i have yet to break one of these. Also the pack I got had 4 tees in it, each a different height and color making selection easy. I would recommend these ( and have to several friends) to anyone.

Back