XXIO 9 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Dean, thats a well done review. I'd like to get some time with this one at some point, its just such a different look/notion than what we are seeing right now out of pretty much everyone else that it screams to me.

Enjoyed the video and review! This technology seems to be the real deal if you like light drivers and have a slow swing speed. I bought the previous generation (XXIO 8) two weeks ago and am seeing total distance increase of 7-15 yards on average. It was interesting to hear a major difference between this and the Prime is the weight (270 grams for XXIO 9 and 250 grams for Prime). I like how the color changes from deep blue to purple on the crown in the sunlight. I am not sure the small MOI increase on the XXIO 9 would cause me to upgrade but am really enjoying this driver.

Excellent review Dean, and definitely a nice looking driver.

Thank you for this review, the timing could not be better for me. Through other threads, I have become extremely interested in this driver. Based on the comments regarding XXIO equipment, it seems that this driver would definitely accommodate my swing. Again, timing can be important, this driver became available in a left hand model a little over a month ago. If I am able to demo this driver and hopefully obtain one, I will post my layman thoughts and observations.

I personally think this might be Dean's best review to date.

I definitely agree with this, this one was thorough and had a ton of performance thoughts in it.

Very very good.

Very good review Dean!

Well done on the interview and review. This driver is an intriguing one and one I can’t wait to hit. The paint scheme is a nice feature.

Very well written article that covers all aspects of this cool driver.

Love that finish, just looks sleek and different from so many others out there.

And those distance gains from all 3 players was solid. Another XXIO winner for sure

Awesome work man- I love how you involved the slower swinging audience part. Got this one in hand last week and boy is it a looker. Just stunning. I didn't get to hit it, but I really enjoyed the cosmetics and the initial feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review ddec. Nice to see a driver catered to the slower swinging community.

Good job! Never really tried one of their drivers. Tuning for a specific swing speed is very interesting, especially for us older golfers!!

XXIO 9 Driver Review

It seriously sets up to mash. At address it just screams crush me. Big difference for me visually from the Srixon 545 series. Which for me was a good thing.

Great review. My interest has been peaked on this "slower swing" speed driver. Will be looking for one to hit and see the results.

Great review. My interest has been peaked on this "slower swing" speed driver. Will be looking for one to hit and see the results.

It sets up like a hammer. I just loved the look

Awesome review Dean! Can hardly wait to hit mine into something other than a net.

glad this article has been pretty well received. Can't wait to hear the thoughts of those hitting it for the first time at Club Clash.

Great review! It'd be fun to hit this.

Has anyone tested this along side the Prime?

Has anyone tested this along side the Prime?

have hit them both, but not side by side. And only a few swings with Prime.

have hit them both, but not side by side. And only a few swings with Prime.

How did they perform if you can make a comparison.

BTW, great interview. You're better than TGC.

Very well done Dean. You're spot on about that crown, it may be the best looking one in the golf industry and it's not even close IMO.

Man that is a good looking driver! Love me some Adam especially when he's excited about something! Must hit! Thanks for the write up!

Back