XXIO 9 Driver Review

This club has transformed my game .
Got a 10.5 deg with s r shaft
Long high straight .
Did I say long ,because on average at least 15 m longer than my prev driver titleist 915 d2 .
Some shots going super long ,with two short par 4 on my course good example
Last two times I have played the 305 m(340y) hole I have been 65 m (70y) out never being closer then 90m (100y) with the titleist .
On the other hole 330 m ( 365y) I often was playing a 5 or 6 iron for my second now it is 7/8 and at times a 9
My club pro was initially skeptical whether it would suit but on range when they sailed past the 915 he in his understated way said you hit that one ok
Guys do yourself a favor and try it .
It does everything except maybe achieving world peace.
Hopefully I have not laid it on too thick in my praise but it really is a significantly different and better club to anything I have tried

Great review, this is a product line that really opens eyes. This one is on the radar, I thought I had to have the Prime, but for a couple bills less this could be the smarter purchase.

Excellent review Dean! I didn't think it was possible to covet this driver any more than I already did, but you did it!

I like the look too. Amazing how technology evolves around the game...slower swing speed but yet with hammering results. I like it.

Totally agree it just screams smash golf balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed this last week as I was busy :smile: great job Dean. I know that XXIO is going to make in roads here in the USA as more people get the opportunity to hit them.

I stopped in a local Vegas store and held one in my hands...I like the feel. Didn't get a chance to hit it, but that day will come soon.

I stopped in a local Vegas store and held one in my hands...I like the feel. Didn't get a chance to hit it, but that day will come soon.

Looking forward to your feedback when you get a chance.

Looking forward to your feedback when you get a chance.

Will do. So far only one store carries it and I'll see when I can get some time with it.

Got some swings in with this guy on course today. Dean's right - it's probably the best looking driver crown in existence.

As for performance - I've got a mental block with closed face drivers (which to me this one appears to have) where I end up pushing them right. That said, I absolutely CRUSHED a couple balls with the 9 today. What was probably my longest drive of the day came from the XXIO, and even the balls I hung out to the right went a long way. Sound/feel is absolutely great as well - a loud sound, with a hot feel off the face, but the sound is really pleasant.

It's definitely a light overall package and that's apparent at first, but once you take a few swings with it you don't notice. I think a lot of folks would really enjoy this driver.

I agree with ddec, this is the best looking crown in golf right now.

I still enjoy watching it turn from dark blue to purple when moving it around in the sunlight. And it is SO forgiving as well as 10-15 yards longer than anything else for me.

That's awesome TD

I still enjoy watching it turn from dark blue to purple when moving it around in the sunlight. And it is SO forgiving as well as 10-15 yards longer than anything else for me.
That's good stuff. Such a great overall club. Might be the most forgiving driver on the market. The look, sound, and performance all stack up strongly against the competition.

Looking forward to getting time with this one at club clash

Looking forward to finally hitting this club in Myrtle Beach in March. :D

Does it really feel head heavy?

Not to me it doesn't. Although it's easy to adjust swing weight

That's good stuff. Such a great overall club. Might be the most forgiving driver on the market. The look, sound, and performance all stack up strongly against the competition.

This is saying something with all of the forgiving drivers out there on the market right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had stayed out of this thread, having already set my sights on the XXIO Prime. As I expected, after reading Dean's outstanding review of the 9, I am a bit conflicted. That's good though, because now, rather than plunging on a rather steep impulsive buy, I will wait until I can get somewhere that I can demo both or be fit for one or the other. At the very least, I'll be watching for feedback for those who have that opportunity before I'm able. Pretty certain there will be some good feedback coming out of the upcoming THP Club Test as well.

Thanks, Dean for a great review.

I ran across a used XXIO 9 the other day in the local Lakeland golf shop and purposely avoid getting to close to it in fear I would try it then buy it. But I may go back next week and give it some swings and compare it head to head against the 816 DBD.

FYI, was able to buy my XXIO 8 for $250 in very good condition. A generation old but still has the technology.

Want to give this a try. any more reviews?

Want to give this a try. any more reviews?

The full THP Review is in the first post. Tons of good information there.
Of course it will be at Club Clash at THP's GRAND driver event in FL in 2 weeks.

Back