Course Reviews - Review & Win Prizes - Your THP Outline

Against Pebble? #waitingoneday

It's the quality of the review not the course! (The Pebble review was solid, I do not mean to imply otherwise)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the quality of the review not the course! (The Pebble review was solid, I do not mean to imply otherwise)

Yes, yes it was. I read it twice. Looked at the pics several times.

Thanks to those folks that took the time to do a course review in June. Will have the winner announced in the next few days.

Good luck to everyone in July!

I'm going to have a monster review in July.

I agree as well. #notthecoursebutthereview there were several good ones.

I agree as well. #notthecoursebutthereview there were several good ones.
It is a shame though because this month I'm going to have a bucket list type course review :) BTW, you really did a nice job with your review.

I just wanted to say a few words on two excellent courses that I got to play last while on vacation along the North Carolina coast. The first round I selected http://northshoregolfcoursenc.com/ , this is such a beautiful course that just the chance to ride a cart around this one will take your take your breath. The staff was very nice , starter was excellent on getting me out after warming up on the driving range, practice green was perfect. I had plans to go back for a second round but that didn't happen, I enjoyed my round so much with the highly groomed fairways, bunkers perfect sand and greens that you could only imagine having such perfection. I could easily see why Golf Digest had made it one on the top courses to play and for the Sunday rate of $75.00 that I paid may have been a bit high put if you get the chance play it. My final score of 85 could have been better if I adjusted to the speed sooner.
Three Days later, I booked my round through GOLF18 for http://www.castlebaycc.com/ for the small fee of $35.00. Other than the route and poor marking to the club house, I had no complaints on this Scotland Type links course. The staff was extremely friendly, sent me out to the driving range to loosen up and straight off to start on the back nine. If you ever played a course that just felt right from the first hole to finish hole then that is how this one went. Well taken care, plenty of rough on the sides with rolling ground and water in many places, bunkers everywhere and I only ended up in one. Greens were fast but would hold balls very well,you could putt a ball completely off the green because they were fast. You could end up in trouble if you missed the fairways by 10 feet on either side or feeding the gators if long or short from the tees. It is a course that like North Shore will make you think hard on club selections from the tee or fairways. I thought that I flying high as I finished with a 80 for my first time on this course.
In closing , both courses rate very high on my list of those to return too. These are two courses that could beat up a beginner but make a weekend golfer have a great time. I could easily find myself retiring in this area someday if possible.

I just wanted to say a few words on two excellent courses that I got to play last while on vacation along the North Carolina coast. The first round I selected http://northshoregolfcoursenc.com/ , this is such a beautiful course that just the chance to ride a cart around this one will take your take your breath. The staff was very nice , starter was excellent on getting me out after warming up on the driving range, practice green was perfect. I had plans to go back for a second round but that didn't happen, I enjoyed my round so much with the highly groomed fairways, bunkers perfect sand and greens that you could only imagine having such perfection. I could easily see why Golf Digest had made it one on the top courses to play and for the Sunday rate of $75.00 that I paid may have been a bit high put if you get the chance play it. My final score of 85 could have been better if I adjusted to the speed sooner.
Three Days later, I booked my round through GOLF18 for http://www.castlebaycc.com/ for the small fee of $35.00. Other than the route and poor marking to the club house, I had no complaints on this Scotland Type links course. The staff was extremely friendly, sent me out to the driving range to loosen up and straight off to start on the back nine. If you ever played a course that just felt right from the first hole to finish hole then that is how this one went. Well taken care, plenty of rough on the sides with rolling ground and water in many places, bunkers everywhere and I only ended up in one. Greens were fast but would hold balls very well,you could putt a ball completely off the green because they were fast. You could end up in trouble if you missed the fairways by 10 feet on either side or feeding the gators if long or short from the tees. It is a course that like North Shore will make you think hard on club selections from the tee or fairways. I thought that I flying high as I finished with a 80 for my first time on this course.
In closing , both courses rate very high on my list of those to return too. These are two courses that could beat up a beginner but make a weekend golfer have a great time. I could easily find myself retiring in this area someday if possible.

Hey there, take a couple seconds and throw together a course review or 2 from your vacation. The outline can be found here

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-THP-Outline&p=2802645&viewfull=1#post2802645

and you will have the opportunity to win the July contest

I need to start writing course reviews. I always get through half a round before I remember.

Both are fun courses. Glad you enjoyed them. North Shore is a great track. Castle Bay is a bit hidden, but usually not too crowded.

Almost at the half way point already for July, still time to get more reviews in for the contest!

Almost at the half way point already for July, still time to get more reviews in for the contest!

Time to get off my butt and do reviews on the two courses at my home club. Think I'll get started on those this week.

10 days to go...

Last bump for this months contest

Thanks to those who took the time for a course review in July, should have the winner announced over the next few days.

I had one a while back, No pictures though. I love the reviews people do here. Excellent. Good luck to the candidates.

Bump for everyone playing new courses this summer, maybe on vacations!

Another winner month in the books and another winner! Good luck in August and get those reviews in!

Middle of the month bump!

With Fall approaching and Winter looming just behind, it's time again to make plans to head for the California desert, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, PGA West La Quinta, where temps are in the 80's all Winter and there are more fantastic golf courses than you can shake a stick at. The Stadium and Greg Norman at PGA West and the Silver Rock (a La Quinta Muni) are challenging and still fun and are my favorites in the area. I've not yet played a round in that area where the course where not in super condition. I've putted on greens that are not kept as well as the Stadiums fairways. Can't wait for January! We're set to go again.

Plus the biggest and best golf event out there for THPers. TheGrandaddy

Back