Graphite Iron Shaft Comparison

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
How would you all say these graphite iron shafts compare? Feel? Less vibrations? Etc?

- Fujikura MCI
- UST Mamiya Recoil
- Aerotech Steelfiber

I have wrist issues..so graphite works better for me.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I would think you will get every possible answer to this question as we all have different opinions when it comes to the shafts listed. By far the Fuji MCI is the most expensive so not too many of us have played them. I wanted them in my last set but could not find them to test and too expensive to buy on a guess.

Between the Steelfiber and Recoil, I have the Recoil now and find I prefer the Steelfiber over them for various reasons but everyone is different in that matter. Hard to go wrong with any of them, it will just come down to what you like the best and works the best for you.

I have noticed about the same performance from either one towards lessening wrist and elbow pain. It may be more important to get the right flex for your swing so you are not over working your joints to get the results you want.

Haven't played the Fuji.

Played Steelfibers for seven years, the latest being the popular i80s. Switched to the Recoil 95 (not the prototype) almost 2 years ago.

Steelfibers also play firm to flex

For me, and from most posts I've read, is that golfers prefer the feel of the Recoils.

Good luck.

I've played all three and for me the Fuji MCI were the smoothest. The Steel Fibers felt stiffer to flex in the 80R. Didn't get on with them at all. Recoils felt good in the right weight. Fuji MCI's are really expensive though. I really liked the old Matrix Program shafts are also really good. I've switched back to lightweight steel and stopped hitting off matts. So far I haven't had any wrist or elbow issues and I play 3 times a week.

Haven't played Fuji. The steel fibers have felt harsh for me compared to the ust. I would recommend finding a place you can hit them and see what feel/works best for you

I've played both the steel fiber and recoils and can't really say a bad thing about either. For me, both have a smooth feel and very little vibration. The recoils launched a bit higher and right away felt extremely smooth and were very responsive.

The steel fibers took a little getting used to as they had a different feel than the recoils, but still smooth. I didn't necessarily notice that they played stiffer than stated. The ball flight is a bit lower and the spin numbers I have are really good.

When I did my last fitting I hit both and the steel fibers gave me better launch and spin numbers. As a result, I had better carry distances. If you can, try to get fit and see which gives you the best feeling and results. I really don't think you can go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRod is very familiar with the MCI as well.

They intrigue me to this very day.

I just picked up some ap1 with the f4 95gram recoil shafts, guys on the range thought I was lying about it being graphite. I also have injury to my left arm and I am going to the range today to make 1k balls hit in a week. Awesome shafts, couldn't be happier. With my steel shafts I couldn't hold a beer after a range session and round.

You have to try them. It's as simple as that. I went for a fitting a few days ago with the view to getting graphite shafts. I didn't like any of them. I was looking forward to hitting the recoils, along with others, but they did nothing for me. There just wasn't the level of feel for me that steel offers. That said, others seem to swear by them. As I said, you gotta go out there and hit them to see if they are for you.

Back