Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

I'm not all that familiar with the Hyatt brand; and when I travel for work I utilize the IHG (Priority Club) program (rewards & card) exclusively. As I venture out of NYS more and more, would you recommend the Hyatt credit card to someone who won't use the card much just for the added benefit of the perks you list above? Or is it a card program you really have to use to see the benefits of?

I'm right there with you Pete. I am up to about 1.2 million IHG points. And I do redeem fairly frequently just have to travel too much. Traveling mainly in south GA limits the number of different brand options. IHG properties are in about all places I am required to travel to with overnight stays so I just latched on and have stuck with their program, and card, exclusively whenever possible.

JB's post about the Sapphire card prompted me to recheck capital one. They are at 40k bonus on the venture card right now.

I believe it is time to sign up.

I believe the Starwood Amex 30k bonus is still going on.
MikeDean, you hear that?
That would be transfer 20k to airlines and get 25k deposited which would be a free flight with many airlines.
Then still have 10k points, which you can use for rooms (multiple if used right) or save for hte next flight. Their bonus makes it very unique.
Chase SP is still another option too, but the 7% taken away makes it less valuable, but if you eat out a lot, 2x on restaurants makes it more valuable.

1 flight? Pfft that's not worth the pull lol

1 flight? Pfft that's not worth the pull lol

Your crazy...And why you are always stuck in this situation panicking for flights. Absolutely worth the pull.

spg amex is AWESOME. they had an extra 20% bonus for transferring to american airlines this month. we transferred 310,000 spg points and got 467,760 american points. That is tough to beat. Plus, as JB said, their points are more valuable. Even very very nice hotels go for as little as 10,000 points a night.

spg amex is AWESOME. they had an extra 20% bonus for transferring to american airlines this month. we transferred 310,000 spg points and got 467,760 american points. That is tough to beat. Plus, as JB said, their points are more valuable. Even very very nice hotels go for as little as 10,000 points a night.

For what its worth, I still think for hotels Hyatt is a better option for both redemption, earning and especially elite status.
But have the Starwood Amex as a backup and the transfer (its always 20% bonus) is very solid.

For what its worth, I still think for hotels Hyatt is a better option for both redemption, earning and especially elite status.
But have the Starwood Amex as a backup and the transfer (its always 20% bonus) is very solid.

Hyatt is off the charts as far as hotels go!!! july was an extra 20%!!

and i think the bonus is 25% all of the time. transfer 20k get 25k. i think that would be 25%. my math gets a little fuzzy sometimes!!

My AMEX SPG card number was stolen, some person in Europe tried to buy a plane ticket for $800 euros. They caught it right away and had a new card to me the next day, plus removed the charges immediately, before they even posted to the account. I was very pleased with how quickly they handled that.

Just got an email from Chase...can use your rewards points on Amazon now. 100 points = $1.

Not super valuable but kinda cool.

Just booked 3 different hotel rooms for a total of 5 nights in CA using all points with Hyatt. Not too shabby.

I wish we had more freedom with hotel rooms where I work. Hyatt just seems to be top dog in rewards.

I wish we had more freedom with hotel rooms where I work. Hyatt just seems to be top dog in rewards.

For redemption dollar they might be. It helps that their lowest line the Hyatt Place is nicer than just about every other lower lines in the US.

For redemption dollar they might be. It helps that their lowest line the Hyatt Place is nicer than just about every other lower lines in the US.

I generally find fewer choices with Hyatt. I am platinum, but I would be diamond if they had more hotels. Unfortunately, I often have to go 20 or more miles out of my way to stay at a Hyatt property. This is mostly in Florida, so I am sure they have more hotels in other parts of the country.

Marriott just sent me a CC offer that included 70K points. I stayed at a Springhill Suites this summer. Stayed at another in Orlando, back in the Spring. I was very impressed with them.

I've been using a Chase CC and earning the Ultimate Rewards points. As points build up, I just cash them in as credits towards my balance.

I don't know what's better, though.

I generally find fewer choices with Hyatt. I am platinum, but I would be diamond if they had more hotels. Unfortunately, I often have to go 20 or more miles out of my way to stay at a Hyatt property. This is mostly in Florida, so I am sure they have more hotels in other parts of the country.

Where are you staying? Orlando, Jax, Sarasota, FT Myers, Naples, etc all have Hyatt offerings. Are they more rural areas?

Where are you staying? Orlando, Jax, Sarasota, FT Myers, Naples, etc all have Hyatt offerings. Are they more rural areas?

Most recently, St. Augustine and Jupiter. I think Jacksonville has 2, but one of them is way out by the airport. So Jacksonville has 2 Hyatts and 28 Marriott properties. When my step-mom was in the hospital in Valdosta, GA, the nearest Hyatt that showed up on their website was 120 miles away in Jacksonville, but there were 3 Marriotts in Valdosta.

I stay Hyatt when I can. I just find them to be a lot more sparse than Marriott properties.

Most recently, St. Augustine and Jupiter. I think Jacksonville has 2, but one of them is way out by the airport. When my step-mom was in the hospital in Valdosta, GA, the nearest Hyatt that showed up on their website was 120 miles away in Jacksonville, but there were 3 Marriotts in Valdosta.

I stay Hyatt when I can. I just find them to be a lot more sparse than Marriott properties.

Oh yeah, they are going to be a lot of sparse than Marriott and Hilton. Fortunately most areas have one nearby for our travels and we use SPG and even HH as a backup. The reason we stay Hyatt is very simple. Low end vs low end they are untouchable for us. And high end vs high end they are on par with everybody else.

Oh yeah, they are going to be a lot of sparse than Marriott and Hilton. Fortunately most areas have one nearby for our travels and we use SPG and even HH as a backup. The reason we stay Hyatt is very simple. Low end vs low end they are untouchable for us. And high end vs high end they are on par with everybody else.

I do SPG and Marriott as my backups, though my last SPG stay was pretty depressing (WDW Swan).

I do SPG and Marriott as my backups, though my last SPG stay was pretty depressing (WDW Swan).

Gotta admit, ours was too.
Westin Tampa Bay (near your work). Just bad. And they made no care in the world about it.
Flipside was while at the Grand Hyatt Rocky Point last month, they asked how things went and I said fine, but it was crazy noisy the night prior from a bachelorette party. Was not complaining or anything, as I know the hotel cant really control the guests and it was brief. The next day I had 12k points deposited in my account.

Just booked 3 different hotel rooms for a total of 5 nights in CA using all points with Hyatt. Not too shabby.

Manchester Bay again or Aviara. Or both :)

Aviara is awesome and the service incredible. But I'm just much more at ease in The Manchester Grand. Although I know location to your meetings will probably be a big factor.

Manchester Bay again or Aviara. Or both :)

Aviara is awesome and the service incredible. But I'm just much more at ease in The Manchester Grand. Although I know location to your meetings will probably be a big factor.

Neither actually.

Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Neither actually.

Oh got it. well if they are Hyatt no doubt you'll be fine as you well know. And this comes from a guy who works for another chain.

Last edited:

How'd we end up at the home wood suites in Chicago then? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back