The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Vizio RAZR 70" and love it. The price point was MUCH more reasonable than the equivalent Samsung as well.
I really wanted to go with a Vizio (two years ago) when we got the Samsung. We could have gotten a 50" for about or less than the Samsung 46" but SWMBO was afraid of the no-name brand. I showed her lots of reviews and rankings, but if she is big name brand oriented and doesn't mind paying the premium. Kind of odd, since she seems so frugal in many other ways..ha

Moving sucks so hard.

I looked at Target.com and looks like they got some good deals on Vizio's around $200. Really I don't like a TV in the bedroom, too hotel feeling for me. Grew up without a TV in my bedroom so I don't like it when the wife stays up watching it. I'll drag my feet on this one LOL..
I have a Vizio RAZR 70" and love it. The price point was MUCH more reasonable than the equivalent Samsung as well.

I really wanted to go with a Vizio (two years ago) when we got the Samsung. We could have gotten a 50" for about or less than the Samsung 46" but SWMBO was afraid of the no-name brand. I showed her lots of reviews and rankings, but if she is big name brand oriented and doesn't mind paying the premium. Kind of odd, since she seems so frugal in many other ways..ha

We are having another thunderstorm, this one is much worse than the last, the thunder is so loud the windows are shaking, and the lingering rumble is lasting forever. When I am trying to sleep, Ellie is freaking out and trying to climb out the window or dig to China, now that I am awake, she is fast asleep through this storm. Truthfully though, I am glad she is sleeping, I hate seeing her so frightened.

I looked at Target.com and looks like they got some good deals on Vizio's around $200. Really I don't like a TV in the bedroom, too hotel feeling for me. Grew up without a TV in my bedroom so I don't like it when the wife stays up watching it. I'll drag my feet on this one LOL..

There are better things to do in the bedroom than watch tv.

I just replaced 32" tube tv with a Sanyo 32" that Best Buy had on sale from 250 to 180. It's a kitchen/dining kind of setup vs critical watching and listening, but the picture and sound is pretty good for what we use it for.

We are having another thunderstorm, this one is much worse than the last, the thunder is so loud the windows are shaking, and the lingering rumble is lasting forever. When I am trying to sleep, Ellie is freaking out and trying to climb out the window or dig to China, now that I am awake, she is fast asleep through this storm. Truthfully though, I am glad she is sleeping, I hate seeing her so frightened.

She just needed mom to keep watch for her!

She just needed mom to keep watch for her!

She is so sound asleep right now that an envelope fell on her, she flinched for a second and was right back to sleep haha.

I also love that the weather channel says 5% chance of rain right now. It's pouring at the moment, the skies are a grayish black and there is lightning strike after lightning strike with non stop thunder.

I also love that the weather channel says 5% chance of rain right now. It's pouring at the moment, the skies are a grayish black and there is lightning strike after lightning strike with non stop thunder.

I would love a job where you can seemingly be right half the time and not get canned :)

Morgan when I had my little guy. He used to shake and whimper horribly during thunderstorms. It was tough to see.

Small nail from Hope Depot - .05

Small nail in tire of VW Beetle - $160.00

Awesome.

Small nail from Hope Depot - .05

Small nail in tire of VW Beetle - $160.00

Awesome.

Why did you not ask to have it patched or plugged first?

It was in the outer tread and they wouldn't patch it where it was punctured.

There are better things to do in the bedroom than watch tv.

I just replaced 32" tube tv with a Sanyo 32" that Best Buy had on sale from 250 to 180. It's a kitchen/dining kind of setup vs critical watching and listening, but the picture and sound is pretty good for what we use it for.

CORRECTION: It's a SHARP. fwiw

First off don't ever, and i mean ever, plug a tire unless you're in the middle of nowhere and this is the only option and it's temporary.

Second there is map guidelines that state if the puncture is too close to the sidewall is technically illegal to repair. Very unsafe.

Waiting for all the comments about successful plug repairs.

I feel like I should say yes to this.

From the guy who drives a ten year old, banged up infinit -- meh.

Also -- the check engine light that (Petey) caused magically went out this week. So, there's that.

From the guy who drives a ten year old, banged up infinit -- meh.

Also -- the check engine light that (Petey) caused magically went out this week. So, there's that.
Wonderful...my "Low Tire Pressure" light came on in my year old Explorer this afternoon. I'm blaming "la playaaaaaaa.................."

Wonderful...my "Low Tire Pressure" light came on in my year old Explorer this afternoon. I'm blaming "la playaaaaaaa.................."

Our cars have a symbiotic bond now.

You're welcome.

Im sorry to hear about your dogs Morgan, hope they are feeling better soon. Go away thunder.

My rant is sore backs grrrrrr. It was sore yesterday, I must have pulled some muscle between my shoulder blades. Took some Nurofen + as well as rubbing some deep heat on it before bed last night. Woke up this morning and could hardly get out of bed, but managed to and get to work and every time I moved it hurt, my work mate gave me some kodine to take which took the edge off but I decided to call it a day after an hour. Its the first sick day ive taken for myself for about 3-4 years, I have had a couple in that time to look after my kids though. Hope it gets better soon.

Ouch. That sucks Nathan! Hope you get feeling better buddy.

People Suck.

Went out for a round tonight at a nice course, at the turn went in to grab a dog, and a gatorade.

Continued my round, and on #10 green I realize I don't have a putter.
Someone took my Ghost Spider Si out of my bag...

The course is going to review surveillance cameras they have tomorrow.

I hope the bastards get caught!!!

NOT a good night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back