The Jordan Spieth Thread

The kid is very good. I ran out of picks for him in fantasy golf last year, before any other golfer. He is around the top of the leader board every week that he plays.

I really thought Jordan wouldn't be able to capture his emotions and keep them in check but boy was I wrong, this young man is playing some exceptional golf!

He seems to be in the running every time he steps on the course. If he could only put it together through out the weekend, he would have won multiple events by now. I think he is going to be a big name for many years.

Interesting story from my trip to the US Open yesterday: we bumped into Ben Crenshaw's wife and ended up chatting with her for around 30 minutes while watching Fowler and Spieth. She told us that her husband has been mentoring Jordan for the last several months.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I really like the way he held himself together. He could have really let the wheels come off at the end.

But I think the par save on 18 was a big deal for feeling good about the round, despite the two late bogeys.

Interesting story from my trip to the US Open yesterday: we bumped into Ben Crenshaw's wife and ended up chatting with her for around 30 minutes while watching Fowler and Spieth. She told us that her husband has been mentoring Jordan for the last several months.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Really good personality for him to learn from. Love reading this

Pulling for Spieth to go low today, for some reason have a feeling he will.

I hope he does, he's got all the talent in the world to get this done, I see many majors in his future. He's got some fire in his belly.

I hope he does, he's got all the talent in the world to get this done, I see many majors in his future. He's got some fire in his belly.
The kid has talent and has been very consistent with his play but I think he needs to tighten up his game. He has a hitch that will fail down the stretch.

So what do you all think of Matthew Fitzpatrick turning pro after semester of college? You all had pretty harsh comments for Jordan Spieth turning pro. College kids turn pro in every other sport after a year of school. Especially in golf these kids are not doing it for money solely.

So what do you all think of Matthew Fitzpatrick turning pro after semester of college? You all had pretty harsh comments for Jordan Spieth turning pro. College kids turn pro in every other sport after a year of school. Especially in golf these kids are not doing it for money solely.
Why else would he turning other then the money. He is very skilled but a few years off college wouldnt hurt. I just dont see the rush, enjoy your youth, hone the game and then turn pro.

Well said!!!

Worlds number 2. Age 21 from Dallas Texas. Head to head against Rory? We saw his display at the Masters.

Worlds number 2. Age 21 from Dallas Texas. Head to head against Rory? We saw his display at the Masters.

I think he has the confidence to take Rory on and to continue to play well and win multiple events every year. I think he can get to number 1 soon and has a better chance than any one in top10

Spieth seems like the all American kid people love to get behind. Let's hope we dont end up reading about a dead hooker in his trunk or something.

23b3fd7f9faea3ca2b0a6c9a216fe488.jpg

Spieth seems like the all American kid people love to get behind. Let's hope we dont end up reading about a dead hooker in his trunk or something.
Of course he's all American. He's from Dallas

That doesnt matter as long as he wins. :angel:

That doesnt matter as long as he wins. :angel:

Yep. You can bang as many Waffle House waitresses and get your father murdered because of gambling debts, but as long as you bring home championships people will look past your transgressions.

This kid does nothing for me, but the his putting these last 4 days was nothing short of unbelievable. Literally. What I also found interesting, he does a double forward press before he putts. Never seen that before.

I can't wait to see some more head to head with Rory, what a rivalry that could be moving forward.

I can't wait to see some more head to head with Rory, what a rivalry that could be moving forward.
Could turn into a great rivalry but who's gonna be the bad guy?

I wouldn't call it head to head. He's hot right now and world class. But rory didn't show until Fridays back 9. I'd like to see a rivalry between these two going forward and maybe will. I just want to see how he handles the next couple events then the rest of the year. MASTERS hangover last a year for most.

Back