2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Paid in full.

This summer has been an...interesting...one for me. I hate to wish it over, but golf and this event are finally on the horizon for me and I can't wait for them to get here.

I'm in boys! Hate to hear someone had to cancel but glad I was next on the list! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are welcome, haha. I got an email yesterday that my name was next on the waiting list. I had, however, just found out earlier this week I had qualified for a Mediterranean cruise through my company. The event is a couple days before we fly off to Venice, so it would be tough to go to Florida for a weekend from Alaska. I'm bummed I can't make it, but not going to complain. My wife was giving me a little flak for wanting to play a round of golf in Venice one of the few days we are there. They just don't understand sometimes.

Finally think I figured out something in my swing today on the back nine... posted 47-37. Was a little down after playing bad for 2 months, feeling optimistic like I can hopefully bring something to the table now at the Bear Trap!!

Finally think I figured out something in my swing today on the back nine... posted 47-37. Was a little down after playing bad for 2 months, feeling optimistic like I can hopefully bring something to the table now at the Bear Trap!!
Good for you. I learned my lesson the hard way last year. I'll practice before the event and all that, but I am going to focus on having fun with my partner this time.

Good for you. I learned my lesson the hard way last year. I'll practice before the event and all that, but I am going to focus on having fun with my partner this time.

Same here. I would love to win we all would but that is not what it will be about for me at all.

I'm going to win and will have fun while doing it

I'm going to have run regardless, but I'm coming to prove myself on a pga tour caliber course and win.

I'm going to find the fairways, keep the ball in front of me, take in the weekend for everything it is, have a blast, and make sure others have a blast also!

You guys have any airline recommendations? I dont fly much and the last time I did was through Southwest and they are offering no direct flights in on Thursday or leaving Monday...both flights go from Nashville to Maryland and all kind of craziness. I can find direct flights into Ft. Lauderdale but then I am pretty much cuffed into renting a car.

You guys have any airline recommendations? I dont fly much and the last time I did was through Southwest and they are offering no direct flights in on Thursday or leaving Monday...both flights go from Nashville to Maryland and all kind of craziness. I can find direct flights into Ft. Lauderdale but then I am pretty much cuffed into renting a car.

Southwest or delta is what I found to be cheapest

we were pondering driving to nashville and taking southwest to FLL (wife is coming so we are renting a car regardless). however, Delta was basically the same rate from Knoxville to PBI thru ATL so that's the route we went. Delta also seems to have a reasonable fee for golf bags unlike some airlines.

we were pondering driving to nashville and taking southwest to FLL (wife is coming so we are renting a car regardless). however, Delta was basically the same rate from Knoxville to PBI thru ATL so that's the route we went. Delta also seems to have a reasonable fee for golf bags unlike some airlines.

Get their reward card and first checked bag is free. I'm lucky, direct flight from Detroit to PBI on Friday and back direct on Monday through them.

Really looking forward to springing the Bear Trap with you all. Might have to go to the simulator and play it again, just for kicks and see if I can put up another 79.

Get their reward card and first checked bag is free. I'm lucky, direct flight from Detroit to PBI on Friday and back direct on Monday through them.

Really looking forward to springing the Bear Trap with you all. Might have to go to the simulator and play it again, just for kicks and see if I can put up another 79.

This just reminded me that PGA National is on the simulator at Dicks. I may have to tee it up in there now!

This just reminded me that PGA National is on the simulator at Dicks. I may have to tee it up in there now!

Good call man! I'm definitely checking out some of the indoor sim places to see if any of them have the course. That way, I can figure put how many balls I'm going to lose.

We talked about this one yesterday during the Bridgestone Invitational. You guys are in for a treat.

I just booked my rental car. Really need to get the extra nights booked too.

Get back on the wait list!

You know Im trying to move these activations around like no other. West Palm Beach, The Bear Trap, THPers, and my Kryptonite how could I go wrong. This is going to be a blast.

You know Im trying to move these activations around like no other. West Palm Beach, The Bear Trap, THPers, and my Kryptonite how could I go wrong. This is going to be a blast.

Get on that wait list, get paired with me & drop bombs all over PGA National

Matt, get on that list!

I cant wait for this event!
I cant wait to see everyone, meet those who I haven't (Looking at you O'Carroll)

If there is even a chance you can make if. You have to get back on the list. I hated it when I saw you had to drop out.

Just booked our rental car with points. For some reason it was almost half price vs last week.

So everything is done. Just need it to get here.

So unfortunately someone who I am by no means a justified replacement for is unable to attend. That being Said...........

Who has two thumbs and is going to the bear trap??????? This guy!

Back