New HC Rule, following or not?

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
The season is about to open for many in the next couple weeks and with that comes handicap tracking and the new no solo rounds for handicap.

So will you be following by the new rule or posting the score anyway?

The season is about to open for many in the next couple weeks and with that comes handicap tracking and the new no solo rounds for handicap.

So will you be following by the new rule or posting the score anyway?
There's absolutely no way to enforce it and there's so many people out there that can only play solo most of the time.

It's not what I would consider a progressive rule. I know for one I won't likely be following it.

I don't care what this stupid rule says, I'm posting my solo rounds.

It will like Tpluff mentioned not a rule that can be enforced. I find it absurd that if I want to go out and play an afternoon round by myself that I can't post a score.

Then what is the point of carrying a handicap?

Short answer: no. I don't play a lot of rounds solo but if I do I will score it accurately then post it without hesitation.

I won't be not a chance. I post every post-able score good or bad. I don't cheat either way and I won't have a problem sleeping knowing that I posted a score when playing solo because I will be posting what I shot.

"Yes"...

Business as usual. All rounds will be posted.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. A fellow local THPer (Girardcorp) is going to be playing every round with me and has said he will attest all of my scores. That favor goes both ways.

I don't keep a HC because I only play with others using amended rules such as all red, free drops around roots, and often rolling the ball. However, for those that do I find this amusing that so many don't care about the new rule. Why is this the only rule you wont follow?

I honestly don't know. I play solo a good bit, and am conflicted on what to do.

Definitely.

I don't keep a HC because I only play with others using amended rules such as all red, free drops around roots, and often rolling the ball. However, for those that do I find this amusing that so many don't care about the new rule. Why is this the only rule you wont follow?
Other than being insulting, impractical and unenforceable the rule is perfect.

Nope Ill post all of my legit rounds doesn't matter if Im alone or not

I won't be posting rounds shot alone to GHIN but I will to oobgolf so I have an accurate idea of how I am golfing.

Golf Canada hasn't followed along with this asinine ruling so I'll be posting solo rounds to my heart's content.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I mean, philosophically, there are lots of rules I disagree with but still follow. I'll probably be more inclined to golf with others so I can post, but if solo, I'm not ready to say I'd post.

Because it's stupid and calls everyone a liar

I honestly don't know. I play solo a good bit, and am conflicted on what to do.

That's me man I get out at odd times and will play the whole round solo or maybe get into a two some cause it's slow. I think I know what will be doing though.

I play solo occasionally these days, and I will not be posting those rounds. I don't really see the point. I don't score any differently when playing with others or without, so my handicap won't be changed significantly by just posting fewer rounds to it.

Since I will be playing in tournaments under USGA rules at least once a month starting in 3 weeks, I would be both a hypocrite and a cheater if I only followed the rules that I approved of.

Because I've been posting all my rounds for 30+ years, many of which were alone, and I'm not stopping now because the USGA has deemed my solo rounds invalid. Luckily for me I don't have that many solo rounds anymore because 30%+ of my rounds are with my 10 year old who doesn't know 10% of the rulebook. Of course those rounds with her have the USGA's utmost blessing!

BTW, I'm still waiting to here back from them on my letter explaining whey they won't be getting that $250 check from me every year like they have been for decades. :act-up:

Our golf committee voted and decided not to follow the new handicap rule.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Because I've been posting all my rounds for 30+ years, many of which were alone, and I'm not stopping now because the USGA has deemed my solo rounds invalid. Luckily for me I don't have that many solo rounds anymore because 30%+ of my rounds are with my 10 year old who doesn't know 10% of the rulebook. Of course those rounds with her have the USGA's utmost blessing!

BTW, I'm still waiting to here back from them on my letter explaining whey they won't be getting that $250 check from me every year like they have been for decades. :act-up:

So those that have used an anchored stroke for 30+ years should do the same? Honestly, I'm not defending the rule at all but for those that play straight and have a HC I find it odd that this is the one that breaks the camel's back.

It seems a reasonable change to me. You couldn't post a score playing alone to go towards your CONGU handicap back in the UK, or at least you couldn't at my old club. I did find it slightly odd when I first joined the NCGA that I could submit scores without any sort of marker confirming the score.

Definitely!

I will post rounds regardless. I will be honest in my scores, but I don't see any reason to not post. Though, with my rounds over the last year and so far this year I'm not sure why I still pay for a handicap. I haven't had enough rounds. :( I need a new job so I can change that this year.

Back