PGA Tour Says No To This Color Caddie Shorts

I hate to say it but this might be related to where this event was held. I love Arnie, but he and his tourney are very old school when it comes to how caddies are treated. Might be why it was fine at other events and not this one.

The tour really needs to address how caddies are treated on tour, and policies like this are stupid. Fine for 14 events but not this one. The players on the advisory board really need to take a stand for caddies. Time for them to get a cut of the ad money that comes from the bibbs and hats they have to wear.

If there isn't more to the rule other than knee length/solid color, he should continue to wear them.

What does tailored shorts mean?

If there isn't more to the rule other than knee length/solid color, he should continue to wear them.

What does tailored shorts mean?

I believe tailored just means no holes and not distressed

I hate to say it but this might be related to where this event was held. I love Arnie, but he and his tourney are very old school when it comes to how caddies are treated. Might be why it was fine at other events and not this one.

The tour really needs to address how caddies are treated on tour, and policies like this are stupid. Fine for 14 events but not this one. The players on the advisory board really need to take a stand for caddies. Time for them to get a cut of the ad money that comes from the bibbs and hats they have to wear.

Couldn't agree with you more my friend.
Always seems like the caddies are treated like second class citizens. Just seems a bit petty to be going after this caddie for the shorts he is wearing when they clearly fall within the given guidelines and parameters set forth by the PGA themselves.

Probably not the best move given the current lawsuit. The Tour probably should've just let that one slide for awhile.

~Rock

In this case I think he looks a bit to casual and can see why they might have issue. The guy kinda looks like an unkept bed to tell you the truth.

Probably not the best move given the current lawsuit. The Tour probably should've just let that one slide for awhile.

~Rock

I agree with this completely. Intent or not, it just makes the Tour look vindictive now.

I certainly think this all has to do with the lawsuit. I think the caddies need to be ready to start following all the rules. Personally I think they have a great issue with the lawsuit but they can't be mad when all the little rules that used to be ignored start getting enforced.

Is it possible the "PGA Tour official" is just J. Random Loudmouth the 3rd overstepping his bounds? I really can't see that those pose any threat to the integrity of the game.
If this IS an "official" statement, then...wow. The Tour needs to pick its battles a touch better. I half expect them to come out saying "Well, it's just a caddie" at some point.

Might be a bit off topic, but would the Tour be doing this if Steve Williams was still the caddy for Tiger AND Tiger was still dominant? Didn't Steve get into it with the Tour once over dress code? Like 10 years ago or something?

~Rock

One of the potential ironies of the lawsuit is that caddies may not be happy with the side effects of winning (should they prevail). If the tour has to pay they are going to end up with more clear authority to regulate caddie attire and behavior.

Come on, PGA Tour!!! How about focusing on a real issue or two instead of the color of the guys shorts. Unbelievable.

It was his resistance to pants that allowed the caddies to wear shorts today. But I think you should still look professional on the course. Had he not looked like a guy pulled from the bayhill parking lot, I don't think it would have been an issue.
Might be a bit off topic, but would the Tour be doing this if Steve Williams was still the caddy for Tiger AND Tiger was still dominant? Didn't Steve get into it with the Tour once over dress code? Like 10 years ago or something?

~Rock

What are the real two issues you speak of?
Come on, PGA Tour!!! How about focusing on a real issue or two instead of the color of the guys shorts. Unbelievable.

PGA Tour is getting pretty loose on this stuff, but dude could have picked a better pair of shorts to wear. He looks like he just got back from Lowe's.

whats the big deal, someone told him to wear different shorts..who cares

I think color if fine look at the colors of shorts on LPGA I have seen some wild matching colors between pllayer and caddie

I am willing to bet 99% of people would not have noticed or not have cared if this did not have attention brought to it.

It wouldnt suprise me if this was the first of many future nit picky things the tour will do to get back at the caddies. The caddies should get together and stage a walk off during live tournament coverage. Then maybe the tour will wake up and treat caddies right. #Walkoff

Wow! Seems like he was following the dress code so I don't see the problem. If I were him I would wear them next week

This is getting a little ridiculous. Since when does the color of the shorts matter? I feel like the PGA is almost trying to get the caddies mad at them.

PGA Tour is getting pretty loose on this stuff, but dude could have picked a better pair of shorts to wear. He looks like he just got back from Lowe's.
I think tjis may have been part of it

whats the big deal, someone told him to wear different shorts..who cares
Seems the caddies might be a little sensitive

It's hard to tell in the pic, are they Salmon?

All I can think of from that statement is Wreck-it Ralph. "They're obviously salmon." - King Candy

Seems like they want caddies to show up dressed like this...

making-the-grade-1984.jpg

Nope. The color of the sweater on the left is not acceptable.... hahahahha!

Back