Piretti Cottonwood II vs. Scotty Cameron Newport 2

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
I am in major ponder mode over a Piretti Cottonwood II Rev 2.0. I have nowhere nearby where I can roll it. I have previously owned a Scotty Cameron Newport 2, but it just wasn't quite as heavy or stable as I would've liked. Can anyone give me a good comparison? Thanks

The Cottonwood has a really unique feel and sound so I recommend rolling one before buying.
They are also one of the best looking head shapes at address that I've ever seen.

The Cottonwood has a really unique feel and sound so I recommend rolling one before buying.
They are also one of the best looking head shapes at address that I've ever seen.

Thanks for the input. I've hit the Tour Only GSS model and it was heavenly. If this is similar, I'll be sure to game it.

Thanks for the input. I've hit the Tour Only GSS model and it was heavenly. If this is similar, I'll be sure to game it.
I can't say for certain between those two models, but the Cottonwood I had felt nothing like my Tour Only Potenza.
Not to say it felt bad, but very different.

Just bought one. I'll be out of town for about a week, so in 2 or so I'll come back with my thoughts.

What were your thoughts? Great looking putters!

Loving my Piretti. It feels much more solid compared to my old Scotty, and I am certainly making more putts. I also just enjoy rolling a club that isn't so mainstream. Pretty much everyone in the tournaments I play use Scottys, so right or wrong, I just enjoy being a little different.

Back