The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that pretty much blow FK. Sorry to hear it buddy

I'm dumba** that didn't check the passport. Just hate tht the kids and wife had to go without me

Sorry Freddie, that sucks...

Ugh, that sucks Freddie. I had a sticky situation when my license expired and I didn't realize it but nowhere close to yours. Any way you can get it renewed and still join them?

Played the front nine in 1:15, pull around to the back, four groups already on 10.

Passport expired, found out this morning. Sent family to Jamaica and I get to stay home. Ugh

Ha had the same thing happen to me. I was checkinh infor my vacation on mallorca when they told me my id expired. Fortunately, travelling inside the EU is pretty hassle free so I could drop by the police and they issued a temporary document and I was on my way.

In the past few weeks I have had to replace a deep freezer, a vacuum cleaner, had to have work done on both cars, then had to have new tires on my step daughter's car yesterday. Today I came home from volunteering at the U.S. Amateur and the house AC is not working. Don't have the cash for a major repair so I will probably have to use a credit card and go further into debt. I knew that this pales in comparison to some of the things in this thread, but I am beyond frustrated right now. We only seem to get further behind and just can't ever get ahead.

Be the ball!!

Slow effing play and dumb inconsiderate golfers

Not been a good weekend, the issues with the house insurance should move a little bit more today as I am waiting for a call from the assessor, but I am in the position of having to sort out a new policy as I was mis-sold this one and if the company were to go by the letter of the policy they wouldn't have to pay out as they don't provide policies on property that is already unoccupied. If you move out during the course of the policy you are still covered to the end of the policy, but I hadn't lived in the property for 7 months prior to taking it out last year so should never have been sold it in the first place

Keeping my fingers crossed that due to the fact I was mis-sold it, they will at least pay out for some of the damage that has been caused, but I know I won't get everything covered

And then just to top the weekend off, I had a bit of an argument with Jen last night - nothing major, but with how I am feeling about the house, it probably feels a lot worse than it actually was

All I need now is for my car to fail the MOT on Saturday and that will be the proverbial icing on the cake.....

Our holiday can't come round soon enough.....

Sorry, Doc, hang in there.

My family. My wife, daughter and myself are basically all on our own. My family lives 20 minutes away and never make any attempt to see my daughter. I dont even care about me but my wifes parents live 2+ hours and barely ever see her and my parents hardly ever see her. It's not fair to her. My mother and sister took my nephew down the shore yesterday and never asked if we wanted to go or at the very least if my daughter wanted to go. It's not fair to her and it really pisses me off. It's to the point where I just dont even care if I see them or talk to them anymore, but I hate it for my daughter. She deserves to have grandparents that actually care about her. Sadly, the old saying is true, you cant pick your family.

Too bad you're injured Freddie you could come up here and play golf instead.

Slow effing play and dumb inconsiderate golfers

I have encountered a FIVEsome on the same course the last two times I've played it. Yeah, I can get through, but it takes them a hole and a half to realize their slowness.
Last night, I counted a guys strokes on a 540yd par 5. One guy. He took a 9. Imagine how slow that is with 4 more added in.

I threw my back out again. All I was doing was bending over to stretch my back from when I threw it out last week, and then it went snap, crackle and pop and boom I can't move. This getting old thing is not for me.

So sorry to hear that Ricky. It's amazing how some famiy members can only think of themselves. It really does suck that they don't think of their grandaughter and how it makes her feel not to see them being so close and all. Went through this with my dad when he and my sister had some issues several years ago. it was her daughters, his granddaughters that suffered. It didn't seem to register to him how it affected them.

Your THP family is always there for you buddy.

I threw my back out again. All I was doing was bending over to stretch my back from when I threw it out last week, and then it went snap, crackle and pop and boom I can't move. This getting old thing is not for me.

Oh no!! Not again. Backs are so fickel. Hope it gets better quicker this time Morgan.

See, staying fit and stretching doesn't pay!! You don't get hurt just chillin on the couch.

Hope you get to feeling better.

The fun is just beginning sweety.... :alien:

Dev -- Sorry about the family issue. Those little ones grow up soooooooo fast and when the grand parents miss time with them because of whatever reason, they will regret it down the road.

The fun is just beginning sweety.... :alien:

Dev -- Sorry about the family issue. Those little ones grow up soooooooo fast and when the grand parents miss time with them because of whatever reason, they will regret it down the road.

Thats the thing. There really isnt any reason. Thats what pisses me off the most. The only reason is that they are so wrapped up in my sister and themselves that they dont even think about including us in anything. Like I said, I'm a big boy, I dont need them, but I hate having my daughter basically have no grandparents. And the song and dance I get from my parents is that we never go over by them as if we are supposed to constantly drop what we are doing and bring her over there so they can see her. It's just frustrating because my daughter loves my nephew and he is extremely misbehaved and it makes it really hard to even want to bring her around them.

My family. My wife, daughter and myself are basically all on our own. My family lives 20 minutes away and never make any attempt to see my daughter. I dont even care about me but my wifes parents live 2+ hours and barely ever see her and my parents hardly ever see her. It's not fair to her. My mother and sister took my nephew down the shore yesterday and never asked if we wanted to go or at the very least if my daughter wanted to go. It's not fair to her and it really pisses me off. It's to the point where I just dont even care if I see them or talk to them anymore, but I hate it for my daughter. She deserves to have grandparents that actually care about her. Sadly, the old saying is true, you cant pick your family.

Been there as well Ricky, it sucks but, like you say, you can't choose your family

Just keep doing what you have been doing and know that you are looking after them right and doing your best for them

I hate to agree with OG, but unfortunately he is right in that it doesn't get better as you get older (and he should know :alien:)

Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble for too long

Dude, I feel your pain. You have no idea how much I can identify with what you are saying. My situation is different as my wifes parents both died before I even met her and my dad died shortly after we were married, but before kids, but my Mom is a piece of work. We live in MO, she lives in TX so I'm not expecting her to visit several times a year, but she calls and NEVER asks to speak with the boys and NEVER even asks how they are doing or what they are up to. I could fill a page, but I won't. It's got to be even worst knowing they are right there. My heart goes out to her as a person who had an extremely close relationship with both sets of my grandparents and we never lived less than 5 hours from any of them really. The saddest part of all, is if she wants that relationship now, when she gets older, she will no longer care about it, because it was never there to begin with. At least that's what makes me sad for my boys, but we never complain about it in front of them. I don't want to do anything to instill resentment or a sense of loss. Like I said, they've never really had it so they don't know what they are missing.

Been there as well Ricky, it sucks but, like you say, you can't choose your family

Just keep doing what you have been doing and know that you are looking after them right and doing your best for them

I hate to agree with OG, but unfortunately he is right in that it doesn't get better as you get older (and he should know :alien:)

Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble for too long

Just stating that facts sir :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back