How much do headcovers matter to you?

• Not at all

Votes: 50 35.2%
  • It matters, but not enough

Votes: 83 58.5%
  • It would stop me from making a purchase

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
The new headcovers are a breath of fresh air compared to the old sock covers. It wouldn't effect me buying a certain driver because of the cover but it does bother me if the don't have the new style.

I'm rolling with stock covers right now, except for putter, but part of that is because the new Cally headcovers are awesome. Headcovers aren't deal breakers for me, but I do like them to be included in the purchase. Makes resale easier.

Doesn't matter much to me. My secret Santa driver cover goes on immediately and I just run stock covers on fairway and hybrids.

I do like the new headcover for the King LTD but my custom THP TheKing headcover wins out. #woof

I have custom covers, so I guess they mean a lot to me.

As long as it protects the club and isn't hideous I'm good. Wouldn't stop me from purchasing a good club.

Doest matter to me at all, driver gets replaced by my Notre Dame leprechaun immediately but FW and putter I almost never have a head cover on them

Driver, Doesn't bother me at all. I will replace it with my Frog as soon as I leave the store anyways. Just a little for FWY's and HYB's.
Yep same. I throw my gorilla on there immediately anyways. I guess I don't want something hideous for fws or hybrids so it does matter a bit

It won't stop me from buying a club, but if it sucks bad enough I'll get an aftermarket cover to replace it.

I'm pretty picky about headcovers. I absolutely despise the "new style" headcovers that Taylormade and Callaway are using right now so I'm using my old Wilson Staff and Titleist headcovers instead. My M2 and M1 headcovers will collect dust until I sell the clubs.

That said, it would never stop me from buying a club obviously.

It matters to me - for a protection standpoint - if it matches my bag colors thats an added bonus...

I'd say they matter to me, and with so many options out there now, you can really personalize them to fit your own style, but I don't know if they ever matter that much. But I can tell from a stock head cover if they really spent time on it or just reconstituted the old version with maybe only a slight update. And the OEMs that do a great job with the stock head covers are quite evident when you see them!

I've never cared much and tend to play the stock (loved the newer cally ones) until I got the LTD Pro. Maybe the worst head cover I've seen. A zipper? I threw a custom one on I've never gotten around to using.

I like aftermarket headcovers just to add a little personality to the bag.

My OCD is nuts so u need to match my bag as best I can.

In terms of style, I think whatever the current style Callaway is using today I like.

My bags recently have been black or black with red trim and I like it so my head covers match somewhat. I have always used OEM head covers but not necessarily ones that match the driver or fairway wood underneath. I have all newer Callaway headcovers currently even though I'm gaming a Cobra driver and I can't imagine changing them anytime soon.

I'm a little unusual in that none of my putters ever see a headcover except when they are in a travel bag on a plane.

I definitely use head covers but not OEMs as I don't care nor really want people to know what is in my bag.

Sticks can get stolen if people see something they want.

I usually throw one of my custom jobs on my driver and FWY anyway.

Personally don't care to much what they look like as long as a cover come up the club. I will say I am not a huge fan of the new style callaway and TM are going with, the "boxing glove" style.

Last edited:
Honestly for me I really do not have preference on headcovers. I think that if I was ever given some as a gift from family that meant something I would rock them. I have noticed that recently I have been a snob about my headcovers matching my bag.

I like my covers to match my bag so just use aftermarket covers so the stock head covers don't really matter to me.

It matters that I have putter and woods covers.
If they don't come with, I lose or don't like I will get another.

Not going to lie, it can effect whether I buy a club or not. Does it always? No. But if it's down to two options, and I don't like one of the headcovers, I wont buy that club.

It normally doesn't matter much to me except with the Cobra LTD. The zipper on it is a royal pain in the butt.

Is the club works, that's my main concern. The headcover can be replaced if it's THAT bad.

Doesn't affect me, my driver headcover gets replaced anyway with Darth Vader.

To buy a club? I couldn't care less.
To use on the club? If I don't like it I'll just use a Seamus. Makes no difference to me.

Back