New Game Golf system

I will wait for the reviews to come in, but I like the sound of this Arccos thing better. Of course, the devil is in the details.

I will wait for the reviews to come in, but I like the sound of this Arccos thing better. Of course, the devil is in the details.

I like it better too. I'm not sure about the size of the sensors though. Even though they don't affect swing weight It may play a mind game with me to have that sticking out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the arccos for sure sounds like a great device as does the gamegolf. the only down fall to the game golf is the belt clip. Id imagine you can clip to your bag aswell which would make it similar to the arccos. I really look forward to hearing some THP reviews on these products as id love to know more about my game !

I just finished playing my first round while using Game Golf and I'm wondering if anyone else also had a rough day with it. The device itself wasn't an issue and worked exactly as it should but I was so preoccupied with tagging my shots that I wasn't paying enough attention to actually playing the game. I even had a 4putt :( Hoping this is just a 1 time issue I have with it.

I just finished playing my first round while using Game Golf and I'm wondering if anyone else also had a rough day with it. The device itself wasn't an issue and worked exactly as it should but I was so preoccupied with tagging my shots that I wasn't paying enough attention to actually playing the game. I even had a 4putt :( Hoping this is just a 1 time issue I have with it.

I believe I read somewhere (maybe this thread) where it takes a round or two to get used to it.

Its all about making a part of your routine . Once it does its easy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They contacted us a few months ago, but haven't heard anything since.

Hey guys I am thinking of buying this to track my daughters progress. ONe thing is that she is playing 9 hole modified holes. So she doesnt play from the red tees in her competitions yet. Is there a work around for this? Also do you think that the sensor is too big for a 9 year old to have on? Or maybe I can have it on and just tap it before I give her the club as I usually caddie for her anyway. Would this work for a child? The arccos techology looks pretty sweet and no tapping etc.. that might be better suited for a child.. but my main concern is how to accommodate the modified tees that she hits from so that the software can read from those tees and how many shots she is doing etc..

Doesn't matter where she hits from. The tags know what is being hit and sequence, when tagged correctly if course.

The tagging unit is quite small...should be no problem for her.

The GG system tracks shots from a spot, not from a tee. It doesn't matter where you play from - it doesn't know what tees anyone is on. It makes zero difference. It isn't calculating a course handicap or anything so it doesn't need to know the tees, only the GPS location in relation to the mapped course. That's all it does.

I just received a Game Golf unit yesterday and played 9 holes with it - pretty cool system. It wasn't too hard to remember to tap the club, I just made it the first part of my routine. Instead of starting out behind the ball with my first look at the target, I just stand next to the ball and tap my club then move behind the ball.

The editing wasn't a big deal, quicker than posting all my stats on the Game Tracker website. I'm playing the next two or three days and so I'll have some more info. I've always been one of those guys who likes to keep stats to help me with practicing and this will make it much easier.

follow-up

follow-up

So I've played with the Game Golf for about 7 rounds now and thought I would update my initial findings:

First off, I'm still liking the system and see a LOT of potential for it in the future. I've checked out the feedback forums and it looks like the Game Golf people are listening to users and working on adding more additions to boost the useable stats, the online privacy issues and trying to make it better in general.

Initially I used it playing alone for a practice round and thought the tagging part would be a breeze. Well during real play, with other players, it's taking me longer than I expected to integrate the tagging into my routine - especially on difficult shots or putts when I'm really focused. Anyone who has changed their pre-shot routine knows how long that can take. I'm getting better at it but still miss tagging during the round. Fortunately it has built in shot detection so I can easily edit those quickly when I'm inputting my round later.

I'm really hoping that they add a way to tag the hole soon so they will then have the ability to add putting and proximity to the hole stats. I know it's the most requested update in the forum. For now, if the hole is any significant distance from my last putt (they assume it's in the middle of the green or a tap-in away from your last putt) I'll tag another putt at the hole location so that I can move the pin when editing and then remove the added putt.

Another feature that is requested a lot and would be helpful is to have a pitch or chip toggle feature on clubs for short game stats.

It's already showing me my tendencies with certain clubs and I'm looking forward to more information as I add data from coming rounds.

One last benefit ... I am used to keeping extensive stats on my scorecard and the Game Golf system frees me up from having my head in the scorecard between holes. It's definitely better for me mentally, helps me put the last hole aside immediately and look toward the next hole .

If I didn't already have one of these it would definitely be at the top of my Christmas list this year!!

So I've played with the Game Golf for about 7 rounds now and thought I would update my initial findings:

First off, I'm still liking the system and see a LOT of potential for it in the future. I've checked out the feedback forums and it looks like the Game Golf people are listening to users and working on adding more additions to boost the useable stats, the online privacy issues and trying to make it better in general.

Initially I used it playing alone for a practice round and thought the tagging part would be a breeze. Well during real play, with other players, it's taking me longer than I expected to integrate the tagging into my routine - especially on difficult shots or putts when I'm really focused. Anyone who has changed their pre-shot routine knows how long that can take. I'm getting better at it but still miss tagging during the round. Fortunately it has built in shot detection so I can easily edit those quickly when I'm inputting my round later.

I'm really hoping that they add a way to tag the hole soon so they will then have the ability to add putting and proximity to the hole stats. I know it's the most requested update in the forum. For now, if the hole is any significant distance from my last putt (they assume it's in the middle of the green or a tap-in away from your last putt) I'll tag another putt at the hole location so that I can move the pin when editing and then remove the added putt.

Another feature that is requested a lot and would be helpful is to have a pitch or chip toggle feature on clubs for short game stats.

It's already showing me my tendencies with certain clubs and I'm looking forward to more information as I add data from coming rounds.

One last benefit ... I am used to keeping extensive stats on my scorecard and the Game Golf system frees me up from having my head in the scorecard between holes. It's definitely better for me mentally, helps me put the last hole aside immediately and look toward the next hole .

If I didn't already have one of these it would definitely be at the top of my Christmas list this year!!

Hi so true about game golf takes a few rounds in getting used to the tapping part as I've struggled with it specially when playing with friends that's for sure.

One thing I would like to see with game golf is a search by golf courses on how others have played it, so you can so you can compare stats and game play would be nice.

Love it so worth the money

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymore feedback on this device? Any head-to-head comparisons between GG and Arccos?

Can the device tell whether your drive is in the rough or fairway?

Also, how does it know you are on the green vs the fringe/rough? By the club you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No comparison with the others as I have not used them. As far as your other questions...it's all gps based and therefore can be off when reading the fairway/rough and green/greenside. You can adjust the ball position during editing if you want true my accurate info. I.e. a foot into the rough vs fairway or putting while just off the fringe. It can go both ways depending on how accurate the satellite and base map is for your course.

When I was using it, I found it very accurate. Pin position is sometimes a bit off on the green as well. Editing soon after the round is better for more accurate recollection of your shots/putts.

Aaaaaaaand, purchased.

Got my device in today, two weeks ahead of Amazon's estimate and It couldn't have been any sooner as I am going to play in the cold tomorrow. I set up my markers to match what I have in the bag and the space four nibs are set up as chip, pitch, punch, and other. Will post my initial results here after the round.

EDIT: Played nine with this today and it is fairly accurate. I only had to make one adjustment because I had a bunker shot, but the GPS set me off to the side. It's pretty evident where my problem lies, tee shots and irons plagued me. It is still useful information and so far I am liking what I see.
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Angryyankee/round/154861

EDIT: Another nine in the books. Worse than yesterday, but that's not why I am editing this post. I forgot to tag three shots, and needed to delete a shot due to an unneeded provisional. I can;t believe how simple it was. The program will not let you sign the card unless all shots were tagged and it will highlight the hole and shot that needs to be fixed. I also had to delete a second shot after I found my original shot and it was very easy to erase and adjust the hole.
Unfortunately my golf season has come to an end and unless there is a freak warm day, I probably won't be back out until March. I like this device, and it will be with me everything.
Check out the nasty slice on the first tee:
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Angryyankee/round/155388

Last edited:
You can find me under Paladin. No info yet. Hopefully I get a round in this weekend.

Excellent.

I've been playing around with setting up Challenges, and I think it would be fun to have a THP-only challenge.

I need one of these. Really liking what I see about it. I'm sure it will happen at some point.

I am waiting for mine as well. Sounds awesome with some thp challenges.

Back