Android Phone Thread

I just had a notification that 5.1.1 was avaiable to upgrade on my phone (nexus 5) is it stable yet? should I wait?

I just had a notification that 5.1.1 was avaiable to upgrade on my phone (nexus 5) is it stable yet? should I wait?

No way it is awesome!

really? how awesome?

Are you on 5.1 now? It seems the biggest difference with 5.1.1 is Wifi calling. If you are asking if you should upgrade to lollipop I would say yes.

Are you on 5.1 now? It seems the biggest difference with 5.1.1 is Wifi calling. If you are asking if you should upgrade to lollipop I would say yes.

I was on 5.1, I was only wondering if that last patch would cause any issue

I was on 5.1, I was only wondering if that last patch would cause any issue

It's so new it's hard to tell, a quick google doesn't look there have been any issues.

It's so new it's hard to tell, a quick google doesn't look there have been any issues.

yup, I did that google search too without any succes, that why I turned to the THP experts :)

I just finished installing it, I will tell you guys if I have anything to say, so far I didn't see any difference

Haha didn't realize you were on Lollipop already Marty. Hope the update went well buddy

Nexus 6 has been ordered! Oh man the wait is finally over well almost..... Should be here Friday haha

Nexus 6 has been ordered! Oh man the wait is finally over well almost..... Should be here Friday haha
Get it through Verizon?

Get it through Verizon?
Yeah just got the 32 gb all I really needed and can't beat the 200 buck price tag

Kinda sad it took me this long but I just found out that tabs in Chrome open as recently open apps. I have been searching for them since I upgraded to Lollipop. Great idea for the tabs

My wife went in to T-Mobile and upgraded her HTC One to the Samsung S6 today. Only $50 to upgrade. I'm going to see how she likes hers after several weeks. This will give me a chance to evaluate the phone up close.

Nexus should be here today, hopefully. No more Samsung and no more awful TouchWiz! So pumped about this phone

Believe when we switch to tmobile in a couple days I am going with the LG g4. Tmobile is giving a 128 gb sd card with it and LG is giving away a 32 gb sd card, extra battery and charger. Should be a nice upgrade from my current galaxy S3.

My wife went in to T-Mobile and upgraded her HTC One to the Samsung S6 today. Only $50 to upgrade. I'm going to see how she likes hers after several weeks. This will give me a chance to evaluate the phone up close.

I know it is a matter of personal choice, but I am not a fan of the Samsung Touchwiz that they use - I have the HTC One X+ and Jen has the S3 and I much prefer the HTC interface over the Samsung one so I couldn't see myself moving to a Samsung phone anytime soon

The contract I am on means I can change my handset at any point as it is sim only (didn't need a new handset when my last contract expired so I didn't see the need to get one just for the sake of it) and I am considering the latest HTC and LG when I decide to upgrade it

Touchwiz on the S6 Edge is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Samsung listened.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Touchwiz on the S6 Edge is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Samsung listened.

I didn't know that but I will bear it in mind when I start looking at new handsets

Got home to see the FedEx tag on the door... Yup no Nexus today. I will have to tomorrow and I can not wait. Got the case and tempered glass today haha of course

Got home to see the FedEx tag on the door... Yup no Nexus today. I will have to tomorrow and I can not wait. Got the case and tempered glass today haha of course
Which case did you end up with.

That's what I have heard. For me I couldnt deal with all the other Samsung junk that it forced on the S4. I did use any of the software that Samsung put on the phone.

Just was the time for me to go back to a Nexus device and I am beyond excited.

Which case did you end up with.
I got the supcase for now. I like it very simple and won't add a lot of bulk but I am still going to shop around for some others. I was looking at the Spigen cases also

I got the supcase for now. I like it very simple and won't add a lot of bulk but I am still going to shop around for some others. I was looking at the Spigen cases also
I'm going to add a supcase or spigen, not sure which yet.

I'm going to add a supcase or spigen, not sure which yet.
The Spigen cases looked awesome probably will be the next one I get.

I have been reading tips and tricks articles and blogs since I ordered the phone haha So bummed that I missed it today.

Back