Snell Golf Balls Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Ryan. Would game the MTB but just wish he would have come up with different model names!

Nice review Hawk

Like Sox I am not a huge fan of the names, but they are different and will no doubt generate conversation, especially the Get Sum. If I was to game them over here I doubt I would see many other players using the same ball and I am going to guess that would be attributed to the name more than anything else based on the preconceived notions that a lot of people have about golf balls

From reading the information about the Get Sum ball, I gather it is competing with the like of the e6?

Great review Ryan, very interesting product. will keep them in mind next time I buy balls

Great write up as always! Since Snell Golf is based one city over from me (Dean lives in my town), I know a few golfers who have been using his balls for a little bit. They've all been raving about them since Day 1, a few die hard Titleist guys have switched over and haven't looked back. Aside from the names, they seem to be a great value against current gen releases.

Judging by the number of dimples and the Snell's background in ball design this seems to be the case, but Snell isn't one of the companies in the Titleist suit, right?

• Admin
Judging by the number of dimples and the Snell's background in ball design this seems to be the case, but Snell isn't one of the companies in the Titleist suit, right?

No he is not.

This sounds like a ball I would love to try out. I have been playing the B330RXS and the Prov1X here lately to help me around that green, so I am thinking I might have to try these. Great write up Ryan!!

Nice work here Hawk, been hearing rumbling about these and it definitely sounds like they are doing something really good here for a solid price. $32 shipped for a tour level ball in indeed impressive.

Nice review Hawk

Like Sox I am not a huge fan of the names, but they are different and will no doubt generate conversation, especially the Get Sum. If I was to game them over here I doubt I would see many other players using the same ball and I am going to guess that would be attributed to the name more than anything else based on the preconceived notions that a lot of people have about golf balls

From reading the information about the Get Sum ball, I gather it is competing with the like of the e6?

I think that's a fair statement, though there are some differences. The biggest one being the Snell ball is a 2-piece, while the e6 is a 3-piece (the 2nd layer is designed to lower spin/side spin).

I think you could probably compare the GS to balls like the NXT Tour S. Soft-ish, two layers. If we make that comparison, then the pricing becomes more attractive I suppose.

A case could be made for comparing to Duo and SuperSoft as well, though those two balls are notably softer feeling/sounding to me.

Nice review! I would certainly give the "My Tour Ball" a shot in place of the B330-RXS that I normally play.

Great review Ryan. Would game the MTB but just wish he would have come up with different model names!

Agreed big time. Normally names don't really bother me, but these do.

Great review! Something to ponder.

Really good job. Interesting naming and i am indifferent on the names.

I think that's a fair statement, though there are some differences. The biggest one being the Snell ball is a 2-piece, while the e6 is a 3-piece (the 2nd layer is designed to lower spin/side spin).

I think you could probably compare the GS to balls like the NXT Tour S. Soft-ish, two layers. If we make that comparison, then the pricing becomes more attractive I suppose.

A case could be made for comparing to Duo and SuperSoft as well, though those two balls are notably softer feeling/sounding to me.

Would the QStar be a decent comparison? 2 piece, and a little bit firmer than the Duo and SuperSoft.

Yea, I think so. It's been awhile, but at some point I think most of these balls are more similar than they are different.

Makes sense to me - at least for me, I don't really make any changes to how I play unless I'm switching between a urethane and surlyn ball, and that's really only right around the green.

Ordered a box of half mtb and gs. Played this weekend and really liked what I was seeing. Unfortunately I saw 3 of the mtb disappear out of bounds. At this price point it doesn't hurt as bad. I will be purchasing more.

Another combo pack ordered. Anyone else have any feedback?? I would figure there would be more people chiming in on these balls.

Thinking about grabbing a dozen for fun, I'm curious.

I have been using this ball for the past couple of months and absolutely love it. I honestly think it is a steal at $31/dozen. It has great spin, fantastic distance and feels great also. The only thing I would like to see is the logo is a little big but ultimately it doesn't bother me. The owner/designer also personally sends a thank you with every order.

I bought a test pack and played with the Get Sum this past Tuesday. Here are my unscientific observations.

1. This ball is long and straight. I am usually inconsistent with my driver but Tuesday I only hit 1 bad drive, the rest were long and in the fairway. The guys in my group were kidding me about using an illegal ball I was hitting it so good.

2. The ball feels good coming off the driver and other clubs. It just explodes off of the face, just a great feeling.

3. The ball feels good around the green. I'm not a good golfer (shoot in the 90's) but the ball felt and reacted good enough for me when chipping and had a nice crisp feel off of the putter.

4. I was impressed with this ball and will be buying more. You can get them for $15/dozen if buying 3 or more and that's a steal to me.

Great option at that price.

I tried the sampler pack and liked the "My Tour Ball" and "Get Sum". I just loose too many balls still to mess with the My Tour. I jumped in with the value pack Get Sum which works out to about 12.50/doz. It has been a great ball. Im new to the game and only really serious played with the Hopkins VL-Pro Srixon Q-Star and the DT-Solo. I think Get Sum is on par better than each of these and cheaper.

I only wish i tried the Vice Drive and Vice Tour before i bought so many of the Get Sum but I can't see it being that much a better performing ball.

Been playing My Tour Ball since April. Only ball I've been really playing this year.

Back