Superstroke xl grips

bavs

Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on how these perform. I'm really interested in having a superstroke I can add and take away weight from. Interested in hearing if anyone has tinkered with them

I just found out I won a SS on Twitter. And I want an XL for sure. Just trying to decide between the 3.0, 2.0 and Flatso.

I'm really interested in this do we have anymore info???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone find a good price on the weights?

I got a bundle on ebay for 40 bucks. Played today and it feels awesome on my 38" putter. Shot 74 with 29 putts

Put a 3.0 on a cut down belly putter I had. (now 36" Yes! Callie Mid) with the back weight. It was a little tougher to put on the larger shaft, and the weight did rattle a little bit in the end of the grip, but that can be fixed easily. I know a lot of folks have cut down belly putters that might look to the XL, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I noticed the biggest difference on lag putts, it really did feel fantastic.

Oddly enough, without the weight its just like a regular Superstroke... Only extra long. Brilliant.

I'm having one of these grips fitted next week. They've only just arrived in NZ this week! I'm putting it on my 35 inch MXM #7 and can't wait.

Posted this in a thread under the grips section as well...but some information for anyone that wants it:

So I just bought a +2.0 XL and the 50 gram back weight to go with it to throw on my Works Versa #7. Initial impressions are very good. The Tank version of the #7 was pretty heavy for my tastes, but the normal weighted head with the counterbalanced grip feels really, really good to me. The store actually had a taylormade CB putter that had a normal 350 gram head (or at least it felt that way compared to all the other CB putters they had), and that felt pretty good in store so I thought I'd give it a shot. The grip itself isn't that much heavier than a normal 2.0 (78 grams for the XL and 50 for the normal 2.0), so if you decide you don't ultimately want it counterbalanced you don't have to buy an entirely new grip and can just take the 50 gram weight out.

The only thing to take note of is that the weight is a separate piece from the grip and has to be purchased separately.

Loving the feel so far and happy I decided to do it. Again, if I decide I don't want it counterbalanced, I can just take the weight out and have basically a normal 2.0 feel to the grip.

Holy cow did the works #7 roll well today with the XL and the countercore 50 gram weight. It's such a perfect weight combo for me. Just point and shoot.

I have a Flatso + on my FGP Mallet and Futura. Putters were each 33" and I grip them pretty near the butt of the grip. To really get the full benefit of the CounterCore, you need to be gripping below it some way. Having your hands right over it doesn't change it very much. I ended up pulling both grips, putting in 3" extenders and re gripping. Feels much better and much more stable through the stroke. If you're going to spend the money on these I would probably make sure your putter is long enough before putting the grip on initially, Super Stroke's aren't easy to remove.

And make sure if your putting the extender in that they weight fits inside of the extender before hand.

Back