2016 UnOfficial NorCal vs. SoCal Thread

Are we doing Golf Gamebook for this get together?

Yes, I think most of us are using it BUT we are having ONE person in a group do an Official Scorekeeping on scorecards. Roger and I will total them up at the end of our rounds.

All I'll say, is I'm very devious.

PMed you hotel/room info in case you want to surprise me with some flowers.

Lets get this trip started already! Been a hellish week in the office.

PMed you hotel/room info in case you want to surprise me with some flowers.

Lets get this trip started already! Been a hellish week in the office.

Hahhahahaha

2016 UnOfficial NorCal vs. SoCal Thread

As much fun as it was to learn a new "English" word, I'm going to change the Tapatalk picture to this.
389cd6e5a4fc70f3e352dea9030a0faa.jpg

Edit: maybe not, I may be terrible at foruming.

Packing up tonight as we are leaving right after work tomorrow and meeting up with my brother and his wife there tomorrow night. Looking forward to relaxing Friday by the ocean and then playing some fun golf over the weekend with you guys. I am really excited that my brother is coming. We have never done a "golf trip" and it's been way too long since we've done anything besides work together!

I have golf gamebook downloaded... someone may have to teach me how to use it. Do we need everyones names or something to set this up? I am "ThePapa" if someone wants to follow me and I'll follow back.

Packing up tonight as we are leaving right after work tomorrow and meeting up with my brother and his wife there tomorrow night. Looking forward to relaxing Friday by the ocean and then playing some fun golf over the weekend with you guys. I am really excited that my brother is coming. We have never done a "golf trip" and it's been way too long since we've done anything besides work together!

I have golf gamebook downloaded... someone may have to teach me how to use it. Do we need everyones names or something to set this up? I am "ThePapa" if someone wants to follow me and I'll follow back.

I just added you! Sorry for the delay...I don't get on there unless I'm using it. I'll be happy to give you a rundown on it, and I know there are several others who are familiar with it.

As for me, I'm heading to Berkeley tomorrow evening to hang with my dad and stepmom. I'm dropping my daughter off at Oakland Airport midday on Friday and then I'm heading south. My ETA should be around 7ish depending on traffic of course.

I'm really looking forward to this guys, and I think it's going to be a memorable event for everyone involved!

Depending on how long Pliny & I's round at Hunter Ranch takes I should be in Lompoc about that time. Planning to get checked in at the hotel then finding some grub and drinks.

I just added you! Sorry for the delay...I don't get on there unless I'm using it. I'll be happy to give you a rundown on it, and I know there are several others who are familiar with it.

As for me, I'm heading to Berkeley tomorrow evening to hang with my dad and stepmom. I'm dropping my daughter off at Oakland Airport midday on Friday and then I'm heading south. My ETA should be around 7ish depending on traffic of course.

I'm really looking forward to this guys, and I think it's going to be a memorable event for everyone involved!

I think I should be in Lompoc early afternoonish. Probably get checked in at the hotel then maybe hit some balls before dinner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think that I'm still listed as DufferToo Ever since they dropped Droid I haven't accessed their site.

I had my final short game practice after work tonight. Overall not bad. I did leave myself some longer putts occasionally.

Clubs will be scrubbed tonight and I'll finish packing tomorrow night. I need to leave way before the crack of dawn on Saturday morning so I'll pretend I'm an old dude and go to bed around sunset.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Depending on how long Pliny & I's round at Hunter Ranch takes I should be in Lompoc about that time. Planning to get checked in at the hotel then finding some grub and drinks.

im very much looking forward to three days of golf! Friday's round shouldn't be a long one, considering when I made the time all other times were still availible, lol. We'll make sure you get down to your hotel at a decent time.

Irons are assembled and ready for action, but unfortunately I'm reporting to Jury Duty. Need to act crazy enough to get out of it so I can get some range time in today.

I'll even things out. NorCal will liked his.

I pulled 1/2 my iron heads off the shaft last night. Rest will be done tomorrow but then they have to go back together with new shafts. Hope I get it done by Friday. At least It will be good for an excuse if I don't win on my home course.

Irons are assembled and ready for action, but unfortunately I'm reporting to Jury Duty. Need to act crazy enough to get out of it so I can get some range time in today.

Enjoy doing your civic duty :wink:

Hey Capt. Roger, what are we deciding to do with GPS/Rangefinder? Obviously, not everyone has one and I think it would be a disadvantage to those who doesn't. Maybe... if someone has one in the same tee time group, let others use it (if they ask for it)?

Hey Capt. Roger, what are we deciding to do with GPS/Rangefinder? Obviously, not everyone has one and I think it would be a disadvantage to those who doesn't. Maybe... if someone has one in the same tee time group, let others use it (if they ask for it)?

I'll share mine for sure. It's only a number and you still have to hit the shot

I don't think will even be an issue. I know that when I shoot a distance I tell everyone in the group. I'm not there to try and get a leg up on anyone, I just want to have fun with my THP brochachos (& beat Tim on his home course :flowers4u:).

Everyone can get a yardage, GPS/rangefinder makes it faster. I will have both and am always down to give someone a number.

I do think we should have no slope used (mine has the option for both, I will be using it with the tournament legal face on my range finder) as I think that is an unfair advantage.

Knowing THPers in general I will be surprised if less than 2 people in each group have some time of yardage device in a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got no problem sharing my GPS numbers. All the NorCal guys need to do is ask... :angel:

I'll be happy to tell you my rangefinder number. What I might keep to myself is how many yards to add because of that 30 mph wind you're not feeling up above the trees.

Rangefinders should be allowed. If you exclude them, then we should exclude gps and apps. Mine also has slope, i can block slope reading or share slope with my group.

Let me know.

Everyone can get a yardage, GPS/rangefinder makes it faster. I will have both and am always down to give someone a number.

I do think we should have no slope used (mine has the option for both, I will be using it with the tournament legal face on my range finder) as I think that is an unfair advantage.

Knowing THPers in general I will be surprised if less than 2 people in each group have some time of yardage device in a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about apps that provide elevation and wind factors? Im fine with the restrictions, just want to be sure we're consistent.

Let's not overthink this gents. This is an unofficial event and we are getting together to have some fun. If you have tech that you want to use, use it. That being said, the Rules of Golf should be in play. See Rule 14-3 if you have questions.

I think as long as the same tee time groups are equal on using range finders, I think it's fair. Example: Mike and Kurt vs. DufferToo and Time4Tim on Saturday matchup. As long as all 4 of you use the same GPS/Rangefinder, it's fair within your group.

I don't know, what do you think Roger?

Im bringing my new putter!!

350x700px-LL-76e7856d_caddyshack-rodney.jpeg

I think as long as the same tee time groups are equal on using range finders, I think it's fair. Example: Mike and Kurt vs. DufferToo and Time4Tim on Saturday matchup. As long as all 4 of you use the same GPS/Rangefinder, it's fair within your group.

I don't know, what do you think Roger?

I would go with TheHeez, if it is something that isn't really legal, let's stay away from it. GPS/standard rangefinder is fair among all groups, especially since I think all of us can get a free GPS app on our phones (assuming everybody has a smart phone).

Honestly, I don't think the elevation or barometric pressure or anything else like that will really matter, but as long as everybody in the group has access to the same information then yeah, I am good with it. That said, be prepared for other people to be asking you for that info throughout the round.

We aren't going to be disqualifying people for changing the ball mid round or any of those other obtuse rules, but I would like to treat it like what it is, a semi competitive round between a bunch of has beens and never was for internet bragging rights and a snazzy trophy.

I am officially on vacation!

vacation-o.gif

Back