Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

For those that have the Flex 3wd, I noticed the specs, its .75" longer than the CT 2.0 3wd, had any issues due to the length? I usually don't play fairway woods longer than 43", and i don't want to cut it down if I get it. Any thoughts?

Just for personal preference, I trimmed mine .75" when I received it.

Grip had to be changed anyways so no big deal.

Just for personal preference, I trimmed mine .75" when I received it.

Grip had to be changed anyways so no big deal.

I had thought of that, but did not want to mess with the SW or feel.

For those that have the Flex 3wd, I noticed the specs, its .75" longer than the CT 2.0 3wd, had any issues due to the length? I usually don't play fairway woods longer than 43", and i don't want to cut it down if I get it. Any thoughts?
Nike changed the way they measure, its only 1/4" longer than the CT 2.0

Haven't hit the flex yet, but I am pretty sure this is the hybrids I'm going to get first

So I had a Covert 2.0 3W last summer for all of about 3 rounds. Couldn't hit it for the life of me, even when I squared it up my hybrids often went further. Anyone have similar experiences and have you hit the new stuff? Compare?

So I had a Covert 2.0 3W last summer for all of about 3 rounds. Couldn't hit it for the life of me, even when I squared it up my hybrids often went further. Anyone have similar experiences and have you hit the new stuff? Compare?

I never hit the fairway or hybrid CT 2.0's so I can not help. I can only say these fairways are a fantastic blend of feel, forgiveness and distance.

I have hit both. I absolutely loved the 2.0 and it's my favorite fairway wood of all time. I have only hit the Flex one round, so I cannot give a fair comparison. I noticed about the same honestly. Flex felt better and seemed a touch more forgiving.

I have hit both. I absolutely loved the 2.0 and it's my favorite fairway wood of all time. I have only hit the Flex one round, so I cannot give a fair comparison. I noticed about the same honestly. Flex felt better and seemed a touch more forgiving.

I will add to Sanzabar, that as far as the metal woods go, they are very similar for me.

I liked the 2.0 too, one of the fairways I could launch like silly off the deck, was constantly playing a buddies out if his bag when we played. I've seen the same on the Flex, but with more stability on misses as well as less distance loss out there, the gear effect miss is also better for me personally. Its a fun one.

Finally got the chance to demo a couple fairway woods today at Golfsmith and I really liked the Nike Flex. Had both my longest (239 yards) and straightest (0 rpm of side spin) with this club. Liked a few others as well but will say this fairway wood definitely lived up to the hype some others on here have talked about. I only hit the fairway woods off the deck since they didn't have a tee low enough. Will want to do some more testing off a tee and outdoors but I'd say the Nike Flex 3 wood is the early front runner to fill that slot for this season.

FYI, I would trust side spin numbers from a Golfsmith sim as much as I would trust a Congressman with my paycheck.

FYI, I would trust side spin numbers from a Golfsmith sim as much as I would trust a Congressman with my paycheck.

I hear you but I was on the same sim so I guess you could say it was a rotten apples to rotten apples comparison :alien:

Finally broke down and used trade in funds to add the Vapor Flex 3h to my 4h, I just adore these hybrids. Best I've hit, for me, ever.

Finally broke down and used trade in funds to add the Vapor Flex 3h to my 4h, I just adore these hybrids. Best I've hit, for me, ever.
Please can I ask, when you say best, do you mean best overall for feel, distance, off centre forgiveness etc. or does any one aspect especially stand out?
thanks

Please can I ask, when you say best, do you mean best overall for feel, distance, off centre forgiveness etc. or does any one aspect especially stand out?
thanks

You can always ask whatever dude, no worries.

I put the emphasis on the for me, because there are some silly good hybos out right now, take the Cally's for example, just FILTHY long. For me with these it comes down to I get a sound I enjoy, a look at address and shape that is my favorite ever (it blends pretty much everything I've liked form various other hybo's into one package) and I get the same distance and launch I did out of the X2's and others. With so many good clubs out there, in the end the personal plays a role, and personally these just fit all my wants aesthetically and performance wise.

Everyone's mileage will vary, but from the first time I hit these at The Oven, I knew (and even said aloud to Cookie) that I would have one or two of these after they released.

You can always ask whatever dude, no worries.

I put the emphasis on the for me, because there are some silly good hybos out right now, take the Cally's for example, just FILTHY long. For me with these it comes down to I get a sound I enjoy, a look at address and shape that is my favorite ever (it blends pretty much everything I've liked form various other hybo's into one package) and I get the same distance and launch I did out of the X2's and others. With so many good clubs out there, in the end the personal plays a role, and personally these just fit all my wants aesthetically and performance wise.

Everyone's mileage will vary, but from the first time I hit these at The Oven, I knew (and even said aloud to Cookie) that I would have one or two of these after they released.

Many Thanks
boiling over with anticipation to hit these. I want to like them so much.
i just feel the speed would be better for me in terms of launch, with my low SS and tendency to hit low.
but I really get what you are saying about sound and the look at address.
From vids I love the look and if I put a club down and it makes me smile, I seriously believe I will hit it more consistently.
i want to like this with the adjustability too..

Many Thanks
boiling over with anticipation to hit these. I want to like them so much.
i just feel the speed would be better for me in terms of launch, with my low SS and tendency to hit low.
but I really get what you are saying about sound and the look at address.
From vids I love the look and if I put a club down and it makes me smile, I seriously believe I will hit it more consistently.
i want to like this with the adjustability too..

I'll say this, the Speed's are definitely higher launching and they've got a nudge more lateral forgiveness too, they're fun hybos.

SO many good options out there for us, I love it.

Do Nike make a time machine so I can zoom forward to my fitting?

Do Nike make a time machine so I can zoom forward to my fitting?

Hahaha, we just need to invent the Flux Capacitor, it makes time travel possible. :alien:

OK, now I HAVE to go watch Back to the Future haha

Hahaha, we just need to invent the Flux Capacitor, it makes time travel possible. :alien:

I can't remember if the DeLorean had an adjustable hosel.... Loved that film

Don't you mean the "Flex" Capacitor?

I'll see myself out.

Don't you mean the "Flex" Capacitor?

I'll see myself out.

Heyoooooooooooooooooo! I threw up the high hanging curve and knew I could count on you to knock it out. LOL

i don't want the Nike grip on here so when mine comes it will be ungriped. Debating if i go with the Green Lamkin Rel 3Gen or a different color in the UTx or UTx wrap?

Thoughts anyone

Back