Flash Q&A III. Who's up in this here?

Harry, on a scale of 1 to 1000, how excited are you for #TheGrandaddy?

Will that hit negative numbers after THP takes the belt this year? It's going to happen my friend.

Also, any thoughts to a ScottyG, JRod, and Ethan triple threat tables ladders and chairs match? I'd pay to see it.

What are you planning to ask Mr. Mulally?

Hey Harry, what is the coolest thing you have done so far this year?

Hmmm. Good question. I played in a charity even a few months ago at Bel Aire CC in LA and my group of 4 guys played in a best ball shamble vs. Mickelson for 9 holes. We clobbered him and he had to pay each of us $200.

And that's a great question. We will answer that in next few months with something I think will be very eye opening.

(the answer, by the way, is 20+ yards with drivers)

This is frankly completely insane, and I look forward to seeing this achieved. The idea of me carrying a driver more than 280 right now is total insanity, but I would sure love it.

Harry, I know you guys have a ton of players in your stable, but is it even possible for anyone in the office to not be secretly (or not) pulling for Phil to finally win it? Also to add on... If Phil doesn't win, better to finish 2nd again or anywhere else?

Harry, on a scale of 1 to 1000, how excited are you for #TheGrandaddy?

Will that hit negative numbers after THP takes the belt this year? It's going to happen my friend.

Also, any thoughts to a ScottyG, JRod, and Ethan triple threat tables ladders and chairs match? I'd pay to see it.

We need to make that match happen. JRod would win that one, I think. Ethan is losing weight due to wedding stress.

Not worried about the Granddaddy at all. We will be a big favorite again and you'll have to come up with a lame "my wife is having a baby" excuse again.

Will we see an uptick in Odyssey CS options?

Harry, I know you guys have a ton of players in your stable, but is it even possible for anyone in the office to not be secretly (or not) pulling for Phil to finally win it? Also to add on... If Phil doesn't win, better to finish 2nd again or anywhere else?

It would be so awesome. And I think he'll break something publicly if he finishes with another 2nd!

We know you will and you have to.....so how do you improve on the Apex which are seemingly an enormous success?

What are you planning to ask Mr. Mulally?

I think we are going to talk about turning a business/organization around and what that takes.
We're also going to talk a lot about golf because he loves it as much as we all do.

It would be so awesome. And I think he'll break something publicly if he finishes with another 2nd!

More enjoyable victory? #TheGrandaddy or anytime you get to beat Hashtag Chad in #TheKing?

With the products like xr pro irons providing so much distance, any plans on adding lower lofted wedges? 54°pm (I'll buy one now thank you) or 50, 48 md3??? Gotta fill those bottom gaps somehow

We know you will and you have to.....so how do you improve on the Apex which are seemingly an enormous success?

Well, there may be some new technology we add to it to make it even better.*

*Captain obvious statement

Has the return of the "Big Bertha" name been a success?

Will we see more of it moving forward?

How involved is Callaway in Top Golf? Any plans to get one in Ohio?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Harry,

Thanks for doing this first of all! What do you feel has been Callaway's most well received product they've launched this year on tour? It can be from Callaway or Odyssey, doesn't matter.

Also, how hard do you find it to improve on products that were flat out knocked out of the park?

More enjoyable victory? #TheGrandaddy or anytime you get to beat Hashtag Chad in #TheKing?

Beating Hashtag is like beating my 6 year old in Battleship. I enjoy the process, but the outcome is never really a surprise.

So, Grandaddy.

Last Q: in your heart, who wins the U.S. open this week?

With the products like xr pro irons providing so much distance, any plans on adding lower lofted wedges? 54°pm (I'll buy one now thank you) or 50, 48 md3??? Gotta fill those bottom gaps somehow

You're not the first person to suggest this, believe me, and we are definitely looking at that for our next wedge launch.

Any plans to bring to market wedges/putters with designs like the stuff from Anthony we see on Twitter even if full customization isn't feasible?

Has the return of the "Big Bertha" name been a success?

Will we see more of it moving forward?

Definitely on both accounts!

Your opinion:

Is backspin more directly related to the ball or the club? Presume same technique and skill level of golfer.

Back