Which club would you choose?

White will work for me..

10 yards difference with a 7i is enough for me to give up a little dispersion. I'm changing my answer to white. So what were the clubs?

White....one club more distance and the dispersion is still pretty good.

I'm taking white, the difference in dispersion is minimal really and small enough I'd take the extra yardage.

I'm trying to figure out, how much is the club and how much is the swing? These were all back-to-back shots, the best I could come up with, none were bad misses. I got on the launch monitor right after a lesson where I was hitting my irons really well. Like, well enough that my coach was impressed.

I agree the circle itself is very playable. Was just saying that the added distance was worth the minimal dispersion offset. Take it any day.

I'll take blue and it's very tight dispersion.

White for me

If it's a driver, fairway wood, or hybrid I'll take white. If it's anything less than a 6 iron, including putter, I'll take blue.

With irons, accuracy trumps distance for me. So blue, easy decision.

Personally I would choose the white. I can sacrifice a small amount of dispersion if I can get a bit more distance. But my big question is what is the club and the yardages?

Blue. 7 iron is a flag attacker. You're aiming at a smaller target than just trying to get a driver in the fairway.

I'll take the blue. Tighter dispersion means more makeable birdie putts.

Dispersion is king in the irons, so blue for me.

Dave do we get to hear which clubs were which?

I'd gladly take to orange, that kind of dispersion would really be nice right now

I would take the blue all day long. Forget the distance with your irons. Like Eddie said, dispersion is king for irons. You make your approach shots with your irons, so a tight dispersion will benefit you more than distance. Remember, you have 14 other clubs in your bag that you can use.

Probably white

Not enough info.

So for those who are wondering, these are all Wilson Staff 7 irons I hit at Golfsmith last night after my lesson.

White = D200
Red = C100
Blue = FG Tour V4

I hit 10 balls with each and threw away my best and worst, so this is my 80% average on that day. The white lines on either side of the groupings are 100yds and 150yds, so this is a club I'd ideally hit to a green after a layup.

I'm going to keep going back and hitting them now that I know they have demos just sitting in the hitting bays and see if that performance is repeatable or a fluke. I have no idea yet what set I want to go with for #THPLegacy.

It is blue for me.

with that, my answer remains the same. Go with the white. Better distance, even on bad hits, and TO ME, the dispersion is not too large to the point where I would immediately run to the blue.

So for those who are wondering, these are all Wilson Staff 7 irons I hit at Golfsmith last night after my lesson.

White = D200
Red = C100
Blue = FG Tour V4

I hit 10 balls with each and threw away my best and worst, so this is my 80% average on that day. The white lines on either side of the groupings are 100yds and 150yds, so this is a club I'd ideally hit to a green after a layup.

I'm going to keep going back and hitting them now that I know they have demos just sitting in the hitting bays and see if that performance is repeatable or a fluke. I have no idea yet what set I want to go with for #THPLegacy.

Interesting. Especially where your best dispersion was with what is supposed to be a "players" iron. Did you hit them in that order or did your dispersion get progressively better from your first 10 to you last?

I would repeat the test with pw, 7i, and 4i from each and see if the pattern holds for all 3.

I'd go with white, even though I already knew the clubs, my answer would be the same. I don't think on a 7 iron you can afford to consistently give up 10-20 yards in your HC range. While I do appreciate the tight dispersion, what are you going to do when you get out to 170 or 180 if the 7 is your 125/130 club? Short game is the key to scoring IMO, I might miss my 9 iron to the green from where you miss your 7, but I can get up and down. Just my 2c, if I botched the distances completely I apologize. Like I said privately, go with what you feel good about, there is nothing in golf that can fake or make up for confidence, or lack of...

Honest inquiry - is this a loaded question and do you want a straight answer or do you want a justification answer.

Back