1:53 is a good time. Keep up the good work. Are you planning to do any more this year? I've done 3 already, but now I'm taking a little break and have some more planned for later in the year.

I'll probably wait until next year to run another half. There's a 10K later in the summer which I'll run in, but I'll more than likely wait until next year to run another half marathon.

I ran in my first half marathon this past weekend. I didn't really have any specific goals, but I didn't want to walk or stop during the race. My time was 1:53:43 and I didn't have to walk any of it. Really happy with my training and the atmosphere was really cool with 30,000+ runners, and I have so much respect for anyone that runs a half or full marathon. Time to take a break for a while!

Nice job Jake! Which race was it?

Reviving this thread a little bit, since I picked up a new pair of running kicks last night (needed em bad) and plan to do a little more running over the next few weeks here. Usually run about 4-5 miles on roads 2 or 3 times a week, but looking to expand to some more trail running (Bellingham has some really awesome trails).

I am currently in training for my 7th marathon in November and looking to get my mileage up to 60 a week. I also have a half planned for the beginning of October as well.

I'm not the fastest out there, but I'm hoping I can run sub 3:40 this fall

Reviving this thread a little bit, since I picked up a new pair of running kicks last night (needed em bad) and plan to do a little more running over the next few weeks here. Usually run about 4-5 miles on roads 2 or 3 times a week, but looking to expand to some more trail running (Bellingham has some really awesome trails).

What shoes did you end up with?

I am currently in training for my 7th marathon in November and looking to get my mileage up to 60 a week. I also have a half planned for the beginning of October as well.

I'm not the fastest out there, but I'm hoping I can run sub 3:40 this fall

Wow dude, that's some serious distance. I only do about 15-20 miles a week, but then, my sweet spot distance is 5-10K, not training for a marathon haha.

What shoes did you end up with?

Brooks Launch 2. Was the first one I put on in the store and I tried on 3 or 4 more and none felt as good. Did a quick 5K after work and they felt AWESOME.

Wow dude, that's some serious distance. I only do about 15-20 miles a week, but then, my sweet spot distance is 5-10K, not training for a marathon haha.

Brooks Launch 2. Was the first one I put on in the store and I tried on 3 or 4 more and none felt as good. Did a quick 5K after work and they felt AWESOME.

I kind of wish I wasn't as obsessed with the marathon as I am, I love the training, but it is very time consuming and the idea of qualifying for Boston won't let me leave the marathon alone.

Everyone who I know wears Brooks absolutely loves them so I guarantee you got a great shoe. I have worn Nike Pegasus exclusively for the last 3 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I kind of wish I wasn't as obsessed with the marathon as I am, I love the training, but it is very time consuming and the idea of qualifying for Boston won't let me leave the marathon alone.

Everyone who I know wears Brooks absolutely loves them so I guarantee you got a great shoe. I have worn Nike Pegasus exclusively for the last 3 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Will be a sweet accomplishment if you qualify for sure though!

I remember seeing the Pegs on the shelf and thinking "I should try those" but after I put those Launches on my feet everything became a blur haha. I think they have a bit more cushion and slightly higher drop than the Launch, which I'm not sure if I'd like or not. Sold shoe though for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Training for my first half in the fall.

OK this won't measure up to the running you guys do. But I overcame a major hurdle this week in the KC event.

I actually jogged across the fairway for 20 or 30 yards. No big accomplishment. but considering this was literally impossible for me for two years prior to my surgery last year and has been a mental stumbling block afterwards. it's a huge step for me.

I started walking fast and before I knew it...it was a very slow and short jog. but I know it's possible now and something to build on.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

OK this won't measure up to the running you guys do. But I overcame a major hurdle this week in the KC event.

I actually jogged across the fairway for 20 or 30 yards. No big accomplishment. but considering this was literally impossible for me for two years prior to my surgery last year and has been a mental stumbling block afterwards. it's a huge step for me.

I started walking fast and before I knew it...it was a very slow and short jog. but I know it's possible now and something to build on.

It's never about how much or how far, always about tackling a personal hurdle. Awesome stuff CB.

That's awesome man! Like ghost said it's never about how far you go, but about accomplishing something you previously thought you couldn't do. Keep at it and keep us posted

Nice which one are you running?

Just a local Autumn Harvest Festival one here in Nova Scotia. Been told by multiple runners that it's a great track for your first one. Taking their word on it haha.

Just a local Autumn Harvest Festival one here in Nova Scotia. Been told by multiple runners that it's a great track for your first one. Taking their word on it haha.
I trained for one last fall but had to miss it, and eventually fell off the wagon. I had gotten my long run up to 12 miles and now I'm starting over.

So mad at myself.

I trained for one last fall but had to miss it, and eventually fell off the wagon. I had gotten my long run up to 12 miles and now I'm starting over.

So mad at myself.

It's hard to commit. So many mornings that I'd rather roll over. I've done a couple 18km runs,but still a long ways to go.

It's hard to commit. So many mornings that I'd rather roll over. I've done a couple 18km runs,but still a long ways to go.
The time is the hardest part, you are so close already distance wise, the hard part is done.

The time is the hardest part, you are so close already distance wise, the hard part is done.

Hoping haha. Now just getting the pace down. I'm use to running 10K's and with the added distance comes extra time per km.

You planning on trying to commit to another one?

Hoping haha. Now just getting the pace down. I'm use to running 10K's and with the added distance comes extra time per km.

You planning on trying to commit to another one?
I plan to start running again this week, no goals at first we'll see where it takes me.

I plan to start running again this week, no goals at first we'll see where it takes me.

It all has to start somewhere.

Well done CAA! That's gotta feel good. A great start, and like you said, something to build on both for confidence and fitness.

Good luck on the training Ghost. Sometime here I'm gonna start trying to push my distances up. Right now I'm doing 4.5 mi or so, but I'm thinking about trying some trails that are longer next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Keep it nice and easy, work on getting your distance back first and then pick up the pace gradually.

And by no means am I an expert, I significantly cut my mileage back after running the Chicago marathon and when I started training for spring race I tried to push my mileage and paces very high and ended up with major it band issues which I just got over about a month ago.

Going to be the assistant XC coach this year to help my buddy out. I already run the 5k club at my middle school and feed him some good runners. Plan our taking my daughter with me to practice and having the the runners push her in the stroller. Figure it will help build up their endurance and stamina

Keep it nice and easy, work on getting your distance back first and then pick up the pace gradually.

And by no means am I an expert, I significantly cut my mileage back after running the Chicago marathon and when I started training for spring race I tried to push my mileage and paces very high and ended up with major it band issues which I just got over about a month ago.

Haha, I have no pace to pick up, I'm a plodder. I haven't been under a 7 minute mile in years and long runs I'm looking at 10 plus. I'm ok with that, it's just about pushing my distance and getting out and being active. But I have no plan on moving quickly. I just know every month I wait, it'll get harder. Plus I hate running in the cold so I gotta get back out there now.

12 miles this morning... Training for Honolulu marathon in December.

Back